• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Silver = Most useless battle partner ever?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Usually they made them more supportive of your Pokemon without attacking much to test your power.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Has it occured to you by now, it depends on his starter? And that its your fault for choosing Totodile as youyr starter?

RNG Abuser

RNG Abuser
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    i love silver so much i dont care about his novice battling skills :)

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i harte double battles with someone else. The always screw up and get you killed. I remmembered i was trying to catch a steelix in Diamond and Riley's Lucario kept on killing it with Bone Club. So i had to waiste a turn knocking out lucario

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    On a related note, DPP's Rival was pretty useless as well.

no in the battle against the galactic commanders his ponytas fire blasts were REALLY helpful i would have lost without him!!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Ugh. He was horrible and so was my team. I just wanted to train against Silver, but no- both Clair and Lance had to come up to me and nearly KO my team (got their Dragonites to use Struggle)

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
    On a related note, DPP's Rival was pretty useless as well.

I think Barry was much more useful. His Pokemon were a big help at Spear Pillar. Except of course, Munchlax. I also started with Turtwig, so his Infernape was an excellent partner in the tag battle.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Well, yeah, I forgot about that battle, but the one against Volkner and Flint he was pretty useless in. Almost all his pokemon were weak to Fire or Electric plus he had an empoleon on my game, or it could have been torterra, neither of which would have been very good.

Back