• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

What is the Better Version? Silver or Gold?

• Silver version

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Gold version

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024
    The sprites are actually different.

I like Silver better just because it was my first game, and Lugia was cool and stuff at the time.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I thought Silver and Gold had the same Graphics, don't they?

sorry I was talking about the sprites of G/S I forgot I neglected to say that

for example

Silver VS Gold...which is Better?
    [Gold Houou]
    [Silver Houou]

you see the difference

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Yeah I see the difference, never knew there were different sprites but yeah the sprites on silver looks alot better than gold

You never noticed that the sprites are different in each of the early games? I always knew. But, anyway Silver's sprites will always be the better, because in Gold Version the Sprites do funny poses.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2007
    I personally prefereed the sprites on Gold. I saw the ones on Silver but never actually got it.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Silver. Lugia's awesome. Plus, It was the first Pokemon game I owned. (Haha, stole it from my cousin ^_^)

.Brendan

Years
    I Personally prefered Crystal, Plainly because Suicune was availabe i dont like searching around the grass (too time consuming). Enough of the spam, my favourite was Silver, why?, because i never was able to aqquire gold even though my friend has it, Silver's Graphics were way better anyway.

fy@x5

~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Gold:

Silver:

Gold:

Silver:

Gold:

Silver:

Gold:

Silver:

I think silver's sprites are waaay better.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Exactly right. Now that I think about it, Silver is better than Gold in EVERY way:
    The sprites are better
    You get Lugia with aeroblast
    Silver(the mineral) is cooler
    Lugia(stat wise)is a little better than Ho-oh
    (I can't think of anything else because they are exactly the same in every other way.)

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
    i prefer silver cuz i like the metal better than gold and i like lugia better than ho oh

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    What is it with the sprites, now???? Ever since someone mentioned them, EVERYONE started mentioing them. But, at least they are all agreeing that Silver's sprites are better.

x^xxx^x
    |@__@|

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Well, this is a discussion on which game is better.

True...And I'm glad only one person mentioned Crystal, because in the Details, I specifically said, "Don't mention Crystal Version." I thought a lot of people would say Crystal version was the best. Crystal may have the first moving pokemon sprites, and the first gender selection, but Silver is the most origional-feeling out of all of them.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
    You never noticed that the sprites are different in each of the early games? I always knew. But, anyway Silver's sprites will always be the better, because in Gold Version the Sprites do funny poses.
    Nope, I played both game and I never payed attention to the sprites but why you ask?

Well I think the sprites are better in Silver but I think the pokemon that come out in gold are better.

MegaTailzChao

how do i shot arrows
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    The only problem here is that NEITHER of them are better. They both have points, good and bad, that balance eachother out. It's all a matter of preference.

I myself have taken a liking to Gold, mainly because it's the one I got, and it's the official color of the hero.

Also how are the sprites in Silver better then the ones in Gold?

Back