• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver VS Gold...which is Better?

What is the Better Version? Silver or Gold?

• Silver version

Votes: 80 53.0%
  • Gold version

Votes: 71 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    Siver and Gold Versions. Which one do you like better, and why?
    Don't say that Crystal is the best out of them, because I am strictly asking "Silver VS Gold...which is Better?"
    Personally, i like Silver, because the mineral is cooler, and you get Lugia knowing Areoblast.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Silver's sprites are way cooler, but Ho-oh is cooler than Lugia, so my heart will always scream "GOLD!"

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    You could get Vulpix in Silver though! :D

Not to mention Lugia is the superior legendary of the two. Ho-oh is awesome but his horrible typing is it's fall from grace.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    the really isnt much of a difference between the 2. but if i hade 2 pick it would be gold becuz it was the first game i every had and i fell in luv with it

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    I like silver version better cause of gold has something weird in it
    It may be a glitch in my game or something but it seems to not let me change pokemon after i've killed an opponent's pokemon.
    If this is not a glitch, i like silver better cause it doesn't have dat!

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    Silver, Lugia is cooler than Ho-Oh, and silver is just a cooler color than gold

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    I'd pick gold, It was my first of the S/G/C series and You can catch growlith in it, plus...
    Ehm... Yeah.. plus what...
    I dunno, Gold appeals to me the most.

Waaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    It may be a glitch in my game or something but it seems to not let me change pokemon after i've killed an opponent's pokemon.

It's a glitch, no dout. I had both and Gold never did that.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years

i dont know if you tried this, but in options you can change battle scene from shift to set, or in your case, set to shift. but otherwise, if thats not hte prob, then its a glitch

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    i dont know if you tried this, but in options you can change battle scene from shift to set, or in your case, set to shift. but otherwise, if thats not hte prob, then its a glitch

Oooooh.... that's is what he was talking about, now that I think about it. XD I had the very same problem!!!^__^;

Just, try to stay more on subject, please.

Back