• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    Doth thou everstone helpth influnce thy nature of thine offspring in thy 3rd generation pochet monster games?
    ^old english FTW^

does everstone infulence offspring nature in 3rd gen games
    ^american for everyone^

yes or no thnxs

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I have a question, I dont fully understand about EV Training, i have looked on Gamefaqs and serebii .net about EV training and i understand that certain pokemon give EV points to a specific stat, i dont understand how do they increase thet Stats of your pokemon do they add up together as you gain EXP then add together with the specific stat when you lvlup? Or do they increase the stat everytime you gain exp?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    They will increase the total of your attack stat when your Pokemon reaches level 100.

For example, a fully Attack EVed Pikachu may have 200 in it's Attack stat, whereas a Pikachu with no Attack EVs might have a 137 in it's Attack stat. (assuming both Pikachu have the same natures an IVs, the maxed out stats will always have a 63 point difference).

EVs make a Pokemon's stats overall higher, thus making the Pokemon overall stronger.
    ---
    EV Points can't be seen through a Pokemon's profile. You have to manually keep track of them.

Every 4 EV Points a Pokemon gets in a stat means one Stat Point higher. For example, a Pokemon with 4 Attack EVs will have an Attack stat of 200. A Pokemon with no Attack EVs will have an Attack stat of 199.

So, I stated that number of 63 before. What does 63 mean?
    Well, you know that a Pokemon can gain a maximum of 252 useable EV points in a stat. 252 divided by 4 is 63.

4 EV points = 1 stat Point
    252 EV ponts = 63 stat Points

So remember, divide the EV points in a stat by FOUR. You will have how much higher your stat will be compared to a non-EV'd Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    They will increase the total of your attack stat when your Pokemon reaches level 100.

For example, a fully Attack EVed Pikachu may have 200 in it's Attack stat, whereas a Pikachu with no Attack EVs might have a 137 in it's Attack stat. (assuming both Pikachu have the same natures an IVs, the maxed out stats will always have a 63 point difference).

EVs make a Pokemon's stats overall higher, thus making the Pokemon overall stronger.
    ---
    EV Points can't be seen through a Pokemon's profile. You have to manually keep track of them.

Every 4 EV Points a Pokemon gets in a stat means one Stat Point higher. For example, a Pokemon with 4 Attack EVs will have an Attack stat of 200. A Pokemon with no Attack EVs will have an Attack stat of 199.

So, I stated that number of 63 before. What does 63 mean?
    Well, you know that a Pokemon can gain a maximum of 252 useable EV points in a stat. 252 divided by 4 is 63.

4 EV points = 1 stat Point
    252 EV ponts = 63 stat Points

So remember, divide the EV points in a stat by FOUR. You will have how much higher your stat will be compared to a non-EV'd Pokemon.

Okay so every 4 Evs increase the specific stat by one?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Yep. You've heard it right. :D
    Okay i got another question concering this, I tried this out lastnight and so i looked at my Floatzel's SpD which was about 98 and so i battled 4 Tentacool which gives 1 EV Point towards SpD and afterwards i looked at my Floatzel's SpD and it was still the same:\

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    Yes, and sometimes it might not be immediately visible; you could give a Pokemon 252 ev's in one stat right before one levelup, and you'll gain like 30-36 points or so. By level 100, all the EV's you applied will show.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Yes, and sometimes it might not be immediately visible; you could give a Pokemon 252 ev's in one stat right before one levelup, and you'll gain like 30-36 points or so. By level 100, all the EV's you applied will show.

Oh okay im pretty sur ei get it now, So each pokemon gives an EV point for a specifc stat every time you beat that pokemon, and for every 4 of that specifc pokemon you beat, you get 4 Ev points for that specifc stat and for every 4 EV points it increases that specifc stat by 1 but you see the changes when the pokemon lvls up and sometimes it may increase it by an extra 1

Am i finally right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back