• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    SkarmBliss is no longer a viable walling combo- the recent introduction of mixape really hurt and it's just metagame weakin general. Blissey and Gliscor make a great combo, as Gliscor resists fight attack- the main threat to blissey- and Bliss can absorb ice attacks aimed at Gliss. I would recommend Gliscor, although forretress is worth considering.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Fabian, that depends on what your team needs. Grass Knot is for Tyranitar, because otherwise it would stop you cold. If you don't feel like you need to take out Tyranitar instantly and that your team can handle it well, then U-Turn is the superior choice.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Plus, I can poison Blissey if lucky, doing even moar damage.His set, by the way, is

Vileplume@Black Sludge
    Calm
    Leech Seed
    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder
    Aromatherapy
    EV:244 HP, 58 Def, 60 Sp.Atk, 148 Sp.Def

Wonderful. I don't care for Subseeding, as he is meant to really use Aromatherapy. & I'm afraid to lose Sleep Powder for Stun Spore, as I cannot get it back =/

This is why Plume > all.

Wow, that is almost the Shoddy Equivalent of what I use Sims.

Vileplume@Leftovers (but Black Sludge is always usable)
    Calm

Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Aromatherapy

252HP/180def/78sp.def

More defensive and still decent at attacking. I don't have Sleep Powder because I'd rather status things with Paralysis or something, which I might throw Stun Spore in to do just that.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I had a question about Shoddy which I suppose belongs in here..
    Can you do double battles on Shoddy? I'n not interested in doing it, I just have no clue whether it is possible or not..

Divine~Deoxys

yeah.it'd be cool,but i woudn't be bale to go on shoddy if that happens,becasue everyone would jsut tihnk i'm rubbish.Although if there was someoen who coudl use garchomp well,then my team woudlo work with that

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
    What nature should my Shuckle be and this may be the shuckle (I KNOW IT FAILS but its the ONLY pokemon I ever fully ev'd). Its only at lv.30 so i can fix it up:
    OMG Turtle@Starf Berry
    Naive (Need to figure out good nature) Nature
    Gluttony
    252Def/252SpDef/6HP
    This is what its moveset's gonna be:
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Power Trick
    -Earthquake/Stone Edge

How is it? Its bad isn't it.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Bleh, that set isn't too good, and I know I'm being blunt, but it's true.

Shuckle@Leftovers
    Impish, Sturdy
    252HP/96def/160sp.def

Body Slam/Knock Off
    Stealth Rock/Toxic
    Encore
    Rest

Shuckle doesn't have attacking power, but the moves listed will allow it to annoy the heck out of some things with 30% paralysis rate, knocking off items, and encoring setup moves. Toxic is because Shuckle literally can't do much damage.

If you want to try this next set, be wary of the notes.

Shuckle@Life Orb/Leftovers
    Impish
    252HP/252Def/4sp.def

Power Trick
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Gyro Ball/Substitute/Rest

Make sure you destroy all physical threats before attempting this set. The objective is to Power Trick to give Shuckle enormous amounts of attack, and then bash the heck out anything. The last slot is up in the air: Gyro Ball pairs with its awful speed (Use Relaxed and 0 speed IVs with Gyro Ball to reach a whopping...13 speed, making Gyro Ball immensely powerful vs. anything with at least 50 speed, which is literally everything, and max power at anything 78 speed or higher), Substitute can give you a chance to set up Power Trick behind a Sub, and get out if you must, should a physical threat enter. Rest with Shuckle's special defense should let you live long enough to pull it off, especially in Sandstorm.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What nature should my Shuckle be and this may be the shuckle (I KNOW IT FAILS but its the ONLY pokemon I ever fully ev'd). Its only at lv.30 so i can fix it up:
    OMG Turtle@Starf Berry
    Naive (Need to figure out good nature) Nature
    Gluttony
    252Def/252SpDef/6HP
    This is what its moveset's gonna be:
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Power Trick
    -Earthquake/Stone Edge

How is it? Its bad isn't it.

Yes, lol

Naive is cutting from its sp.def and increasing its stupid speed, that you dont want.

Max hp is a MUST on shuckle.

Shuckle@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.D
    Impish Nature
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Power Trick
    ~ Gyro Ball / Substitute

Either use this on a team with Trick Room, or kill off all your opponent's physical attackers first so that they can't take advantage of the Defense drop after Shuckle uses Power Trick

Otherwise if you want a supporting wall, use this

Shuckle@Leftovers
    252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Sp.D
    Impish nature
    - Rest
    - Encore
    - Toxic
    - Knock Off / Stealth Rock / Body Slam

Knock Off is illegal with Body Slam btw.

Last edited:

St. Anger

Banned
    Years
    Dark_Azelf: Yeah, I'm going with the first one, breeding a new Shuckle. Silly me for trying to make it a ToxicStaller...now I need to know a pokemon/combo to screw physical sweepers like garchomp or heracross

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I've recently obtained an elusive event Leech Seed Oddish.

Oh u.

Yeah, they decided that since in the Pokemon Trading Card game that Petal Dance was capable of literally OHKOing EVERYTHING with its potential 120 power Petal Dance, they banned it from cartridge games due to the same risk.

It's only 120 damage if you can flip three heads in a row. And frankly, if you can do that, you deserve to do 120 damage. :/

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Years
    You could always try Scizor. It has awesome typing and sturdy stats. It also has the option of passing SD if you're up to it.

Sorry, I don't see what you mean with Jolteon. Switch in on something that will switch out, Sub on the switch and Agility as they break the Sub. BP to whatever(you will be first with about 800 speed.).

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    I'm just wondering. What's the deal with Syncronize? What exactly happens when a pokemon with Syncronize is placed first in your team? Do the wild pokemon that show up always have the same nature as the Pokemon with Syncronize?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I'm just wondering. What's the deal with Syncronize? What exactly happens when a pokemon with Syncronize is placed first in your team? Do the wild pokemon that show up always have the same nature as the Pokemon with Syncronize?

Not always, I believe it boosts the chance up to 50%

EDIT: Yep, it's 50%

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    What happens if two Pokemon are sent out at the start of a battle and both have Trace?
    Will both Pokemon just have no working ability?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back