• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I believe it's a 3HKO with Stone Edge from what I can remember. Possibly a 2HKO. My memory is failing me right now.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    It was in a trade. Apperently the person could iv breed there behinds off, but have issues when it comes to movesets. I'm going to get an adamant heracross, but for now I just have ma jollies lol. Would swords dance be a good replacement for aerial ace?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It was in a trade. Apperently the person could iv breed there behinds off, but have issues when it comes to movesets. I'm going to get an adamant heracross, but for now I just have ma jollies lol. Would swords dance be a good replacement for aerial ace?

On a Choice Band heracross? O_o

I'm not a fan of Swords Dance Heracross in all honesty. just lets a counter switch in to kill it.

EDIT: As for Aerodactyl, I don't even think it can 2HKO with Adamant, Choice Band Stone Edge. Skarmory can roost off damage and buy itself a rock resist in the process as well.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Well we know megahorn, stone edge, and close combat is already set. What would you chose for the last attack?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well we know megahorn, stone edge, and close combat is already set. What would you chose for the last attack?

Pursuit is overrated...go go go Night Slash / Facade! Body Slam is cool on CBcross for para haxing stuff that comes in thinking they can outspeed you and crap.

Panicz

reniarT gninnigeB
    Years
    I'm in need of a pokemon with Tailwind who doubles as a special wall and mild special attacker. I've come to two obvious pokemon with their movesets:

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: HP 252 / SpA 4 / 252 SpD
    Pressure
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Tailwind
    -Calm Mind

OR

Articuno @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: HP 252 / SpA 4 / 252 SpD
    Pressure
    -Tailwind
    -Roost
    -Ice Beam
    -Aerial Ace

Suicune has lesser Special Defenses, but has significantly less weaknesses, most of which are well covered by the Calm Mind boost.

Articuno, with two STAB types, has a wider range of attacking options, a healing move, and slightly higher Special Defense. However, it's got many weaknesses and an unpleasant x4 weakness to Rock type moves; all of which are very common in the metagame.

I'm not REALLY asking for better movesets and EV spreads for the pokemon, but they're welcome. I just want to know which would be better off individually. Thanks in advance.

Hissy Fit

Paranoia + Insomnia= Me
    Years
    As long as I've been playing Pokémon, I feel rather stupid for asking this... But does anyone know of a place where I can read up on battle terminology (such as physical sweeper) and EV/IV stats... Also I don't really know much about the advantages of natures...

Umm, a quick question before I go... I'm not very, eh, mathematically gifted. Is there a lot of complicated mathematical formulas involved in the calculations of EV/IVs? I've read some things before that have left me feeling very confused...

Thanks in advance!

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Hey should I give my adamant lucario bullet punch, or is this a good set for an all out sweeper:

Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Swords Dance
    Crunch

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    Hey should I give my adamant lucario bullet punch, or is this a good set for an all out sweeper:

Close Combat
    Extremespeed
    Swords Dance
    Crunch

I'm assuming you mean Bullet Punch instead of Extremespeed. You have to be careful with Extremespeed because it doesn't affect ghosts. Steel is resisted by more (common) types types than normal is; however, steel is super-effective against ice and rock wheras normal is super-effective against nothing.

Overall, Bullet Punch is base power 60, including the STAB and Extremespeed is base power 80. When Bullet Punch is super-effective, it's base power is 90. But it's only super-effective against ice and rock.

Up to you. I'd pick Extremespeed but if, after a few battles, you find you hate it, then try out Bullet Punch instead :) That's the best advice I can give >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    With an Electivire, would it be smart to run a Naive nature, or a Adamant Nature?

I have a Adamant, but the low speed stat kills me sometimes.
    It's sashed, but what do you guys think?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Overrated, but not useless. We all know that people will switch when Hera comes.

I use that against all Heracross users with my darling Dusknoir. You KNOW Pursuit is coming, so you stay in and Pain Split away damage. Even with a Guts boost, Heracross fell. That's just sad.

It's much funner to nail the switch-in. IF the wall is something Heracross can kill later anyways, you might as well kill something else.

IMO, Pursuit IS useless on a Choice Band Heracross. On Scarfcross it has more merit, but I've never really found pursuit good on it is all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back