• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    but duznt it give them less stats or sumthing?

That's a common misconception. Most people tell newbies that because if you Rare Candy a Pokemon from lvl 1 to lvl 100, it won't have an opportunity to EV train, and therefore will have lower stats than an EV trained Pokemon. But if a Pokemon already has all of its EVs, then it will gain the stat increases as normal- remember, Rare Candies count as normal level-ups.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    To add on to air, you can even Rare Candy 'em up without EVs, then EV them later.

For example, you can give a lvl one poke (with no EVs) 50 Rare Candies, then decide to EV train then.

Rare Candies do nothing but blindly level up. It has no effect on EV's whatsoever.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all, could someone remind me of the nature for a standard dusknoir?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all, could someone remind me of the nature for a standard dusknoir?

Impish 252 HP / 180 DEF / 76 SP.DEF

Careful 252 HP / 180 SP.DEF / 76 DEF << This one is the standard

You can use either depending on which sorts of hits you want it to take.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    One question: Should I ditch Swampy for Tenta? I lack a Rapid Spinner.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    lala, no matter how many evasion moves are used, if a moves accuracy is 100, it will always hit.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    @lalapizzame: Yes, they will always hit if the opponent does not hold an evasion item, uses an evasion move, or has an evasion ability

@pokemonshinylegends: Nahh, that's incorrect. Flamethrower / Earthquake misses all the time if the opponent has Double Teamed, along with other moves.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    lala, no matter how many evasion moves are used, if a moves accuracy is 100, it will always hit.

Umm... no. 100% accuracy means that if no modifiers are in play (Sand Veil, Brightpowder, Double Team, etc.), the move will always hit. But if there are modifiers in play (see previous), then the move's accuracy will be lowered.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Also, take into account that moves such as Dig, Dive, Shadow Force, etc. will make moves miss, barring a particular move (except against Shadow Force)

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Hey I got this spread from smogon. Does this seem good for Weavile with this basic moveset:

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd (this was mainly the only spread)

Pursuit
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Hmm... that set should be fine. It barely outspeeds base 120 Pokemon, so you shouldn't have a problem. And the only other base 125 Poke that's not an Uber is Swellow, which isn't particularly common. Of course, if your Weavile has less than a flawless Speed IV, you'll need to pump more EVs into Speed to compensate.

Justin T

Hydro Action
    Years
    Nah the only thing that sucks is that it has a 21 in hp, but I'm still going to train it for competitive battling.

By the way, is this iv/ev spread and moveset for a mixed sweeper pikachu:

152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spd
    HP: 18/ Attack: 31/ Defense: 28/ Sp. Attack: 31/ Sp. Defense: 31/ Speed: 31

Thunderbolt
    Brick Break
    Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ice
    Substitute

Last edited:

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    so is ice punch any good on metagross? i got one with a good ev spread and moves, but it has ice punch, not thunder punch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back