• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
Years
  • I know it's cause of EVs but the only Pokemon I would check HP type/power for would be my EV trained Pokemon, thus I know their EVs and I enter that info. Here's the problem:

Example: My Larvitar at level 10 has blah blah blah stats, I type them in and say I get HP Ice, 60 Power. Okay. But then when it grows levels, (I kept track of the EVs), I type in the stats, plus the number of EVs per stat, and the HP is something different, say, dark 70 power. Is the safest way using HP (like getting the type you want) at level 100, cause it will stay the same?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Can a CB Meteor Mash from Metagross with Max Attack, +2 attack OHKO Rhyperior?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • But what ever HP type/power you get at level 100 is final right?

Technically your Hidden Power doesn't change, but because the IV calculators are rough estimates then the Hidden Power they choose can change.

What I find easiest, is in game using a Kecleon to determine what type of HP your pokemon has, then using the IV calculator click the button that locks the Hidden Power type, therefore you should only get a rough estimate of the power (mind you that will still change until level 100 but at least you know the ballpark)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Confused a bit about EV training, so tell me if I'm wrong:

If you want to make your TTar have 252 HP/252 SpA/6 Speed, could you just breed a Larvitar, battle x number of Bidoofs, battle x number of Gastlys, and get those 6 Spe EVs, and then keep battling Bidoofs to Lv. 55 (because you cannot get more HP EV's)

Please assist.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Yes, but you don't need to battle those Bidoof...O_o Once you've maxed the EV's (i.e. 510), then you won't receive anymore ev's, so you can battle whichever pokemon you please.

~T_S

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I know, I just like the thought of Bidoofs dying =D

Thanks T_S.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    ev training help... please??

can i use exp share on my newly bred monster to ev train it? basically, do the ev points transfer along with the exp share? should i battle with a strong pkmn as if i was ev training that particular monster until my weak monster reaches a high enough level to battle?

oh and do people use the same ev trained monsters for contests, or different ones?

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I think I read somewhere that using EXP share gives both of them equal EV's.

And I suggest Daycaring it to 20! Daycare centre dosent give off EV's

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I think I read somewhere that using EXP share gives both of them equal EV's.

And I suggest Daycaring it to 20! Daycare centre dosent give off EV's

ooo day care it to level 20? whys this? so that it is a high level enough to train even without added evs? it sounds like a good idea... :) is this a good thing then?

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    Dunno! But its what I do! Its easier than getting KOD all the time!

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    think ill try it out then, ive got nothing to lose... cheers!

itd definatley make ev training easier anyway ;)

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • The way I do it is to train against level 40s and such- Golbats for Speed, Golducks for SAtk, or Gyarados/ Seaking for Atk. Send in the Poke you're EV training (with either a Power item or Macho Brace), and then switch out to a Pokemon that can kill your opponent. The Pokemon gets the full amount of EVs, plus the effects of Pokerus and its held item. Plus, you can do it at level 1. :D

Also, no, nobody uses EV trained Pokemon in contests, because nobody does contests in the first place. :/

Reactions: .

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    if i give a pokemon 10 carbos, this equals to 100 ev points. so does this mean that i only need to get 155 more for that stat to max it? can i still give irons and zincs (200 more evs) to equal 300 in total so then i can add as many as i can to those stats until i reach 510 in total, or does it work differently?

Latiosmaster

Event hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2009
    DOUBLE BATTLE HELP

I Really need doulble battle help when im facing to ice pokemons but over 370 speed what do i do, What pokemon do I need, If you have trade it to me, My shop will be at the trading center!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back