• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    You might hear people say she's inferior to Cresselia when it comes to mixed walling, though.

Uxie gets a lot of useful moves Cresselia doesn't. Yawn, Stealth Rock, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, U-Turn, etc.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Uxie is a support pokemon but makes a poor fully fledged wall due to lack of recovery move and better competition in what smogon calls "The floaty psychics" region- Consisting of the likes of Cresselia and bronzong. They can all do jobs better than him- Cresselia has much better defences (When HP is counted) and recovery, and bronzong has a huge quantity of resistances/immunities compared to uxie. Heck even mespirit pulls off a better CM set. It just isnt worth trying when the alternatives are so much better.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Shoddy / Zapdos / HP Ice Help?

Hi I'm on shoddy and tried to make a Zapdos using hidden power ice, but every combination of IV's to get HP ice on Zapdos is invalid here's the IV's I'm trying.

All are 31 except -
    Attempt 1: All 31 except Atk 30 & Def 30
    Attempt 2: All 31 except Atk 20 & Def 20
    Attempt 3: All 31 except Atk 10 & Def 10
    Attempt 4: All 31 except Atk 0 & Def 0

if you know any other combinations to get HP Ice on Zapdos that DO work plz tell me!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If you give it the right moves it is. It has poor defense, though.

Im gonna quote the S&M rules here:

The Rules said:
    Don't rate without proper knowledge

Moves are but a tiny fraction of what makes a pokemon good. They need correct EVs, a good nature, helpful typing and Beneficial stats. Plus while uxie struggles to wall (As it has already been noted) there is no way on earth its defences could be described as poor- As far as I'm aware base 130 on each side of the spectrum is pretty damn good.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    If you give it the right moves it is. It has poor defense, though.

Umm... what? Where can anybody get away with saying that Base 130 Def and SDef is poor?

Those are really, very impressive defenses, mind you. There aren't many Pokemon that match up to that in both stats. Let alone, one as unpredictable as Uxie.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Umm... what? Where can anybody get away with saying that Base 130 Def and SDef is poor?

Those are really, very impressive defenses, mind you. There aren't many Pokemon that match up to that in both stats. Let alone, one as unpredictable as Uxie.

Uxie makes for a predictable poke really, since the only set it run's better than one of its many alternatives is the support option. Otherwise it just isnt that threatening.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Like people have said, trying to use it as a straight up wall is not recommended, though it can take hits well. The only thing Uxie does better than Cress is run a support/tank set with it's good support movepool including Stealth Rock, Yawn, U-Turn, T-wave. It can also use Thunderbolt which is an advantage. Too bad Gamefreak put unnecessary points in speed on Uxie and didn't put them it's below average HP...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Uxie is inferior to Cresselia. Straight up. Those extra moves mean nothing really, since I hardly believe Yawn is going to save it. Cresselia has more defenses overall, and can stall better.

I still think they're both set up bait though.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Uxie is inferior to Cresselia. Straight up. Those extra moves mean nothing really, since I hardly believe Yawn is going to save it. Cresselia has more defenses overall, and can stall better.

I still think they're both set up bait though.

How is Cresselia set-up bait when it can paralyze every single one of the most common switches into it and throw up Reflect to laugh off the blow...?

Also, don't ignore Uxie as a Stealth Rocker and a reliable Gyarados counter. Cresselia is better, but Uxie has some nifty selling points.

But to answer the question, yes, and it's actually a pretty darn good mixed wall. Just don't make it an inferior Cresselia, or it's pointless to use honestly.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    For Calm Zapdos, 20 Atk/30 Def (31 in the rest) nets you HP Ice with 68 base power.

For Modest Zapdos, 10 Atk/30 Def (31 in the rest) nets you 70 base power HP Ice.

Any other nature just ask. It's not really that hard to figure out. On shoddy, all you do is change it to the HP value you want, and then find a stat that is knocked down to thirty (try to use the one that is the most irrelevant to the set, so try not to knock down defenses). Then, substract four from that until the IVs work.

For example, start with 30 Atk Zapdos and go to 26, then 22, and continue that pattern until it works. You'll get 70 base power hidden powers with the same type. If none of those work (like with Calm Zapdos), then try the numbers in between (like 28 and 24). those give you the same hidden power type with 68 base power.

EDIT: At least it always works for me lol

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Uxie is a support pokemon but makes a poor fully fledged wall due to lack of recovery move and better competition in what smogon calls "The floaty psychics" region- Consisting of the likes of Cresselia and bronzong. They can all do jobs better than him- Cresselia has much better defences (When HP is counted) and recovery, and bronzong has a huge quantity of resistances/immunities compared to uxie. Heck even mespirit pulls off a better CM set. It just isnt worth trying when the alternatives are so much better.

Oh come on. You can't say that.

As was already mentioned, Uxie has more useful moves than Cresselia to play a role of mixed wall and What are healing moves really? First of all, Moonlight is far from a good healing move with the likes of HIppowdon and Tyranitar. And a lot of the Games most popular walls don't even have a reliable recover move. I'm talking of course about Snorlax, Swampert, Bronzong, Suicune, Cresselia (33% with a Sandstorm and 5 PP is reliable?) and Jirachi (Barring Wish)

Uxie also has fantastic defenses. It's more than eligible to be a mixed wall.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I don't know if I'm to ask this here, but I will anyway. Steer me in the right direction.

Now something is up with the shoddy server. I put in the code, the IP whatchamacallit & the host whoozit, but nothing, no connection. Is it just me, or what? Should I re-install shoddy?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't know if I'm to ask this here, but I will anyway. Steer me in the right direction.

Now something is up with the shoddy server. I put in the code, the IP whatchamacallit & the host whoozit, but nothing, no connection. Is it just me, or what? Should I re-install shoddy?

No, it's just the connection acting up. It happens to all of us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back