• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i took out the e4 with only blaziken lv 76+
    the rest 5 pokes just fainted after Steven in Ruby
    Blaze was the only one left alive
    Pretty much ANY Lv76+ Poke can defeat the Weak Five by itself, especially when the Pokes you face are at least 20 levels weaker.

i can't catch Mew on Pokemon Ranger!
    Is this a statement or a question? If it a statement then I am sorry to hear that. If this is a question, you should ask that here:

https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75028&page=6

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    a couple question

QUESTION 1:i tried trading from firered to my sapphire after beating the elite four in both of them.. in firered it sed they werent ready to trade from far away regions. what do i need to do ?

QUESTION 2: after i get the national pokedex, will pokemon from firered and leafgreen start appearing in sapphire?

QUESTION 3: where in the heck do i find the three regi's? ex, regice, regirock, registeel.?

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    1) You need to complete a quest in which you search for the Ruby and Sapphire plates in FR. You'll get the Ruby in a small cave next to Mt Ember. 2 Rocket Grunts are infront of it. Bring the Ruby back to Celio and you get a Rainbow Pass (=4 more Sevii Islands). The sapphire quest is sort of long to explain, it will explain itself in game :P

2) No. You'll be capable of registering their poke data and evolving them in game. They'll not just start appearing out of nowhere.

3) You'll hav to complete a series of tasks to 'unlock' them. Descibed in detail here: https://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/563596.html
    Just go to the Regi FAQ and everything is written there in detail.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    QUESTION 1:i tried trading from firered to my sapphire after beating the elite four in both of them.. in firered it sed they werent ready to trade from far away regions. what do i need to do ?

Even after defeating the Elite Four in Fire Red, you must finish another task. You will have to complete Celio's quest on One Island. Since you stated that you've defeated the Elite Four, then that means you already had Bill to take you there once you have defeated Blaine in the Cinnabar Gym, correct? Now return to One Island, and Celio will ask you to do a favor for him, and that's to retrieve a Ruby and a Sapphire gem. Completing this will open up the Trade option in the game and will let you trade with any of the three Hoenn versions. This quest will take you some time, and you will encounter many Kanto pokémon and a few more other quests to keep you busy. If you happen to get stuck on trying to get to the next island, or finding a gem, just ask. Good luck.

QUESTION 3: where in the heck do i find the three regi's? ex, regice, regirock, registeel.?

To find the three Rejis, you first need to make sure you have a Relicanth and Wailord in your party. Then you need to find the Sealed Chamber. It's located in Pacifidlog Town at the Route 134 Ocean Current. There's a "hole" of calm water in that area with a dark spot to dive in. Find it and use 'dive'. Once that's done, go down until you see something that is on the ocean wall. Face the writing on the wall, and use 'dive' again. Walk to the end of the room in the middle facing the writing, and use 'dig'. A door will open and having a Relicanth as the first pokémon in your party, and a Wailord as your past. Press the 'A' button while facing the writing in the back of the room. There should be an earthquake, it tells you that three doors have opening. Now, you must find the three caves. One of them can be found in the Desert Ruins. Enter the door, and read the text. You must be the center of the wall. Then you simply turn take two steps right, two steps down, and use 'strength'. The door finally opens, and Rejirock is revealed. Save before having a battle with it, so you won't end up losing the chance to capture it. To find the other Reji, fly to Dewford Town, and go North up on land. Use surf and continue Northwest until you end up in an Island. From there, keep going North, and you will find another cave. Go inside, and read the text on the tablet. After you've read it, wait for about a few seconds, and it will open, revealing Rejice. The last Reji is located in Lilycove City. Go as far west as possible, and follow the path while going west. Continue going North and West, until you get to a few stairs. Go up, and into the cave with an opening and an archaeologist. Enter the cave, and go right in the middle of the place you've just entered. Stay right in the center. Now you should use 'fly' and 'rocksmash'. The cave will open, and then you will find Registeel.

EDIT: Nevermind. XD;

Last edited:

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
    Years
    I want a Green Scarf, but when I bring my Espeon which is maxed out in smartness, the Pokefan leader still says it's not good enough. I'm guessing it because it's also maxed out in coolness because of the berries i used.Am I right? Or it it because I've only won the super rank? What should I do? (instead of maxing out another pokemon's smartness)

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    hi i was wondering i have a grovile,combuskin,marshtomp in leaf green (my firend breeded em for me ) and their stats are

grovile: combuskin: marshtomp:
    hp=47 hp=51 hp:51
    att=31 atk=37 atk:37
    def=21 sp.atk=35 def:30
    sp att=32 sp def=28 sp.stk:24
    sp def=29 speed=28 sp def: 31
    speed=41 def=28 speed:22

by the way could u please tell me where u found out its average and how..

ps. i used exp share on all(i used mewtwo to fight and let them lvl

GROVILE is lvl 17 combuskin is lvl 17 and marshtomp is lvl 16

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    Well, in answer to the question about the pokefan, i think you must have a considerable amount in all catagories, and then he will give you your reward.

DMJ

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    hi i was wondering i have a grovile,combuskin,marshtomp in leaf green (my firend breeded em for me ) and their stats are

grovile: combuskin: marshtomp:
    hp=47 hp=51 hp:51
    att=31 atk=37 atk:37
    def=21 sp.atk=35 def:30
    sp att=32 sp def=28 sp.stk:24
    sp def=29 speed=28 sp def: 31
    speed=41 def=28 speed:22

by the way could u please tell me where u found out its average and how..

ps. i used exp share on all(i used mewtwo to fight and let them lvl

GROVILE is lvl 17 combuskin is lvl 17 and marshtomp is lvl 16
    You have me at a loss. What do you mean about finding "its average"? I cannot even make an accurate assumption of your intention, so I will just say your best bet is to download MetalKid's Pokemon Program (www.metalkid.info) and it should get you whatever you need.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Pokemon in grass

Hi guys...I've been playing a hack of Emerald where you can catch all 386 Pokemon (dont worry, I own the original game) and I was wondering if certain areas of grass have more chance of having rare pokemon in them...or if it just depends on what area you're in, and all patches of grass have the same pokemon and the same amount of chance.

I'm wondering this because I was walking in petalburg woods for hours and hours trying to find a bulbasaur. And then when I finally did, I thought I would walk around in that same patch of grass to see if where you are looking has any affect on what you will find. And in this same area I've found at least 5 more bulbasaurs, but I haven't found a single one anywhere else within the woods :\

Here's a picture of where I kept finding them.

img63.imageshack.us/img63/206/image1os2.jpg

So...does it matter what bit of grass you're looking in?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    How many apprentices are there? And so far I had eleven and two are repeats.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

I have a question, I am hatching eggs for shiny Mr. Mime and I wanted to know what is the best nature for Mr. Mime(that way when a normal one of that nature comes I can train it)?

Thanks in advance.

Usually with Psychic Pokes of this type, I would go with Modest (-Atk, +Sp.Atk), but it's not uncommon to see Timid (-Atk, +Speed). Mr. Mime's defense isn't all that great, so Timid would give you a good advantage to get the first hit, and possibly OHKO. Modest is just used to make him hit harder than he already does.

So if you don't fear being out-sped (what's the past tense of "speed"??), I would go with Modest. If you want some extra speed to guarantee the first hit, go with Timid.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    i dont think there is a past tense for speed... ill look in my ever-handy dictionary/thesaurus. *looks up speed* nope, i was rite. just say 'went at a certain speed' lol

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Hmmmm. Methinks you need a new dictionary. The past tense of "speed" is "sped".

Mr. Mime was out sped by Alakazam.

I sped to the airport to catch my flight to Florida.

One of the strangest simple questions asked here. Thanks Josh. LOL

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    catching/thief from a lunatone. The percentage isn't high though (15% maybe)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back