• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I found advancetext, but how do i save the text on the blank ini file? when i press save it doesnt really save
    Wrong forum.

I have two questions:
    1.Can the cloning glitch harm my game?
    2.What are outbreaks?
    1. I really hope so, but I have only heard that if you don't do it right, your Pokes that you were trying to clone disappear. I like that A LOT. That will teach someone not to cheat.
    2. Outbreaks are occurrences in Emerald where certain Pokes that are normally rare in the areas they are found are more common.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    1.Can the cloning glitch harm my game?

Not necessarily. However, if you do not follow the steps properly when using the glitch, it will probably harm the game, such as losing all your data.

I think I'll help you cheat, by making sure you know the obvious consequences when using the cloning glitch. If you decide trying it, do not deposit a certain pokémon between saving and speaking to the link battle receptionist. It will be completely gone, as shanecdavis has just informed.

I suggest that you first consider using the glitch method on one that you won't care if it turns out being lost, so that you will fully understand on how to use it on a pokémon that is of value and importence in cloning next time. Do not clone more than one at a time, and no turning the game off during the freeze, both ways will cause you to lose them as well.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Wrong forum.

1. I really hope so, but I have only heard that if you don't do it right, your Pokes that you were trying to clone disappear. I like that A LOT. That will teach someone not to cheat.
    2. Outbreaks are occurrences in Emerald where certain Pokes that are normally rare in the areas they are found are more common.
    Thanks!So much for taking them to DP and still having them.

Flame Tamer

Champion
    Years
    I suggest that you first consider using the glitch method on one that you won't care if it turns out being lost, so that you will fully understand on how to use it on a pokémon that is of value and importence in cloning next time. Do not clone more than one at a time, and no turning the game off during the freeze, both ways will cause you to lose them as well. [/FONT]

you say not to clone more than one pokemon at a time. i cloned my salamence, altaria, milotic, groudon(from terra cave) and latios all at the same time.

also i have a question. i acn't seem to be able to fine marine cave. also i have defeated the battle dome 100 times and still the dome ace hasn't battled me.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    you say not to clone more than one pokemon at a time. i cloned my salamence, altaria, milotic, groudon(from terra cave) and latios all at the same time.

You've been lucky. Just because it hasn't had happened to you the first few times, does not mean your pokémon aren't at risked when being cloned. It may happen or not, but you make that choice yourself.

also i have a question. i acn't seem to be able to fine marine cave.

You need to first pay a visit to the weather centre and speak to the guy who once gave you Castform, he will tell you where it's currently located. It'll either be on route 105, 125, 127, or 129. If you take too long to find it, you won't have access to the cave on that certain route, meaning you will have to try again.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    also i have a question. i acn't seem to be able to fine marine cave. also i have defeated the battle dome 100 times and still the dome ace hasn't battled me.

you must have a winning streak to battle dome ace like 5 winning streak or so
    if you have been defeated you will go back into fighting weak trainers this is how i rate them
    1 try->pathetic trainers
    2 try->weaklings
    3 try->normal
    4 try->hard
    5 try->tough need luck
    that's what ive been experiencing

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Tucker will only battle you in the Single Battles.

To get the Silver Symbol, it is 5 rounds of 4 battles. Gold is 10 rounds.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    addition:
    no single lost in that 5 round. So in silver its 20 match without lost, in gold 40 match without lost

And about the clone Glitch:
    - Any pokemon you deposit between saving and talking will be lost
    - Any pokemon you withdraw between saving and talking will be doubled

So if before saving you bring Groudon and rayquaza and then change groudon with kyorge, kyorge would be cloned and groudon would be lost

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    you must have a winning streak to battle dome ace like 5 winning streak or so
    if you have been defeated you will go back into fighting weak trainers this is how i rate them
    1 try->pathetic trainers
    2 try->weaklings
    3 try->normal
    4 try->hard
    5 try->tough need luck
    that's what ive been experiencing

Not really luck... if you have a decent team, then it's just fun! I despise losing at Battle Frontier not for the sake of losing, but because I have to work my way through lame trainers who use NFE Pokes that one Earthquake will take down. It's boring!

I seem like a poster boy for this Poke, but Blissey is perhaps one of the best Pokes to use at BF... I'm still amazed at how this thing absorbs [Special] Attacks. Although, I feel Serene Grace Blissey is better for in game BF than Natural Cure Blissey. The later is pretty much for a professional battle with a full team.

agiht

Fo Sho Yadadamean?
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    need help with eon ticket

hi im new and ive been trying to go to southern island in emerald. i hear that you have to mix records with a sapphire/ruby game with an eon ticket. i did and i didnt have the eon ticket in my emerald. can someone help me

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not really luck... if you have a decent team, then it's just fun! I despise losing at Battle Frontier not for the sake of losing, but because I have to work my way through lame trainers who use NFE Pokes that one Earthquake will take down. It's boring!

I seem like a poster boy for this Poke, but Blissey is perhaps one of the best Pokes to use at BF... I'm still amazed at how this thing absorbs [Special] Attacks. Although, I feel Serene Grace Blissey is better for in game BF than Natural Cure Blissey. The later is pretty much for a professional battle with a full team.
    My name is Shane and I approve of the above post.

hi im new and ive been trying to go to southern island in emerald. i hear that you have to mix records with a sapphire/ruby game with an eon ticket. i did and i didnt have the eon ticket in my emerald. can someone help me
    There are a few things at play here. First, I have found that the Eon Ticket is not transferred every time you mix records. I have also come to a point (from resetting my Ruby cart so many times) that there could be a limit of times you can transfer the Eon Ticket by mixing records. I cannot verify this yet, but the last 35 times I have mixed records with the cart that has the Eon ticket on it, I haven't gotten it to transfer.

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
    Years
    The Things Unlocked By Beating The Elite 4?

Some Secrets And Hidden Places?

The Ones I Know Of Are-

*Sky Pillar

*You Get Fans

*S.S. Tidal

*Battle Tower

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Evan, please do not double post. If you have to add something to your previous post, please use the Edit button, which is located on the bottom right of your post.

Also, thing slike this belong in the Simple Questions thread, so I'm going to merge these two.

~merged~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    They aren't really "unlocked", but here are the things that you can do after defeating the Weak Five:

- National Pokedex (able to trade with FRLG)
    - Trick 8 at the Trick House
    - Lati@s will now roam throughout Hoenn
    - S.S. Tidal
    - Steal Beldum from Steven's house
    - Desert Underpass (you can now catch Ditto and the other Fossil you didn't choose inside Mirage Tower)
    - Marine Cave (visit Weather Institute to find route to catch Kyogre)
    - Terra Cave (visit Weather Institute to find route to catch Groudon)
    - Sky Pillar (visit to catch Rayquaza - Mach Bike required)
    - Desert Ruins (visit to catch Regirock - Rock Smash required)
    - Island Cave (visit to catch Regice )
    - Ancient Tomb (visit to catch Registeel - Flash required)
    - Steven awaits you at Meteor Falls
    - Battle Frontier
    - Safari Zone Expansion offers two new areas to catch Johto Pokes
    - Trainer Hill open for business

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
    Years
    They aren't really "unlocked", but here are the things that you can do after defeating the Weak Five:

- National Pokedex (able to trade with FRLG)
    - Trick 8 at the Trick House
    - Lati@s will now roam throughout Hoenn
    - S.S. Tidal
    - Steal Beldum from Steven's house
    - Desert Underpass (you can now catch Ditto and the other Fossil you didn't choose inside Mirage Tower)
    - Marine Cave (visit Weather Institute to find route to catch Kyogre)
    - Terra Cave (visit Weather Institute to find route to catch Groudon)
    - Sky Pillar (visit to catch Rayquaza - Mach Bike required)
    - Desert Ruins (visit to catch Regirock - Rock Smash required)
    - Island Cave (visit to catch Regice )
    - Ancient Tomb (visit to catch Registeel - Flash required)
    - Steven awaits you at Meteor Falls
    - Battle Frontier
    - Safari Zone Expansion offers two new areas to catch Johto Pokes
    - Trainer Hill open for business

kk but most of these are emerald i should have specified that it is saphirre i bought and 1 hit K/O most of the elite four with kyogre

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Using a Legendary against the Weak Five is completely laughable. The in-game AI truly is pathetic, especially in RS. As far as Sapphire, just take out the Emerald parts. I cannot be bothered to give you a definite list for RS since I never continue the game after the Weak Five. I just trade the good items and good nature Pokes to my Emerald and then start it over again.

elric331

Kurosaki Ichigo
    Years
    i took out the e4 with only blaziken lv 76+
    the rest 5 pokes just fainted after Steven in Ruby
    Blaze was the only one left alive

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back