• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    the tickets wont' do anything if you shark them into the game.
    if you have pokemon ruby or sapphire what u could do is
    use the code to make 'em appear and then just trade over to emerald
    or fire red or leaf green 'cuz that thing where they don't listen if
    cheat to get 'em doesn't actually work if u cheat 'em onto
    ruby or sapphire and then trade over.
    I know 'cuz my friend did that and his listen to him.
    in every version.

but ask for sharking the tickets, the events won't be unlocked just by having
    'em. So if that's what u'r gonna do save yourself the trouble.

calanton

Check out Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    hey i was wondering what is beneficial nature for pokemon? i've seen it in the pokedexes in pokemon palace and serebii.net

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    That all depends on the Poke, actually. For instance, you don't want to give a physical attacker a nature that reduces their Atk stat. One big misconception beginning trainers do is give a Nature to a Poke with the thinking it might help cover a weakness. For example, increasing the Def of a Gengar. That is extremely counter-productive since it still won't be able to take a good hit from a Poke. What you really want to do is increase its Spd or SAtk to take advantage of its good stats and make it better. Here is the list of Natures/Personalities:

Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Bashful (No change)
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
    Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
    Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
    Docile (No change)
    Gentle (+SDef, -Def)
    Hardy (No change)
    Hasty (+Spd, -Def)
    Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Lax (+Def, -SDef)
    Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
    Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
    Modest (+Satk, -Atk)
    Naive (+Spd, -SDef)
    Naughty (+Att, -SDef)
    Quiet (+SAtk, -Spd)
    Quirky (No change)
    Rash (+SAtk, -SDef)
    Relaxed (+Def, -SDef)
    Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
    Serious (No change)
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

BTW - Try to avoid using Natures that don't change any stats as much as possible. That is simply a waste.

Last edited:

Beta Trainer

... Well, I wonder.
    Years
    I really need to beat Flannery and I need a good strong water attack...

Does anyone know at what level does Masquerain learn Bubblebeam? Thanks!

(Also, where can I find a Fire Stone?)

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Actually, Masquerain doesn't learn Bubblebeam at all. Surskit is Bug/Water, but Masquerain is Bug/Flying. The only Water-type moves it learns are those that it gets before it evolves (Lv25, as Mr S correctly stated).

You cannot get a Fire Stone in RSE. What you have to do is Dive and find Red Shards, and then take them to the Shard Collector's house (Route 124) and he will give you a Fire Stone.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    VanirElf said:
    if you have pokemon ruby or sapphire what u could do is
    use the code to make 'em appear and then just trade over to emerald
    or fire red or leaf green 'cuz that thing where they don't listen if
    cheat to get 'em doesn't actually work if u cheat 'em onto
    ruby or sapphire and then trade over.
    I know 'cuz my friend did that and his listen to him.
    in every version.
    That's because pokemon that are obtained using a gameshark on Ruby/Sapphire are treated as traded pokemon as you aren't the OT.

You cannot get a Fire Stone in RSE. What you have to do is Dive and find Red Shards, and then take them to the Shard Collector's house (Route 124) and he will give you a Fire Stone.
    Are you sure you can't find a Fire Stone anywhere? I remember having one, I used it to evolve my Vulpix. If you definately can't find a Fire Stone anywhwere then I must have traded for it and not remembered.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    MUSION said:
    Are you sure you can't find a Fire Stone anywhere? I remember having one, I used it to evolve my Vulpix. If you definately can't find a Fire Stone anywhwere then I must have traded for it and not remembered.
    Again, you can trade Red Shards for Fire Stones, but you cannot find one yourself.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Dark-Umbreon said:
    um... there is one in Firey Pass, or whatever its called...
    Ohhhhhh, you must be referring to the area where you use Strength to get to. There are three Item Balls there, but I didn't write them down. I cannot say for surety that one of them is in fact a Fire Stone, so I will defer to Dark-Umbreon until I restart my Ruby version and go back there so that I can verify it. Thanks D-U.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    the fire stone in ruby and sapphire is located in the fiery path
    that's the same area where Torkoal appears.
    you need strenght to get to the fire stone.
    the item balls that are found are

x1 Fire Stone
    X1 TM 06 - Toxic

there's NO stones of any kind found in the petalburg woods.
    there's a few hidden items
    x2 Tiny Mushroom
    x1 Postion

there's also item balls lying around but I don't remember what's in 'em
    exactly. if u go to the ruby/sapphire section on g-faqs I think
    there's maps of the areas but why u'd need a map of petalburg woods I dunno.

calanton

Check out Pokemon Liquid Ocean
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    shanecdavis said:
    That all depends on the Poke, actually. For instance, you don't want to give a physical attacker a nature that reduces their Atk stat. One big misconception beginning trainers do is give a Nature to a Poke with the thinking it might help cover a weakness. For example, increasing the Def of a Gengar. That is extremely counter-productive since it still won't be able to take a good hit from a Poke. What you really want to do is increase its Spd or SAtk to take advantage of its good stats and make it better. Here is the list of Natures/Personalities:

Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Bashful (No change)
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
    Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
    Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
    Docile (No change)
    Gentle (+SDef, -Def)
    Hardy (No change)
    Hasty (+Spd, -Def)
    Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
    Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Lax (+Def, -SDef)
    Lonely (+Atk, -Def)
    Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
    Modest (+Satk, -Atk)
    Naive (+Spd, -SDef)
    Naughty (+Att, -SDef)
    Quiet (+SAtk, -Spd)
    Quirky (No change)
    Rash (+SAtk, -SDef)
    Relaxed (+Def, -SDef)
    Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
    Serious (No change)
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

BTW - Try to avoid using Natures that don't change any stats as much as possible. That is simply a waste.

what your trying to say is that in those pokedexes they give each compination of natures and give the altered stat in either hindered or beneficial?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    calanton said:
    what your trying to say is that in those pokedexes they give each compination of natures and give the altered stat in either hindered or beneficial?
    Hmmm. You lost me there. I am not sure what Pokedexes you are referring to, but that is the Personality/Nature list that I have compiled. Every Pokemon is born with a Nature and all Natures (besides Bashful, Docile, Hardy, Quirky, and Serious) cause a 10% increase in one stat, and a 10% decrease in another stat.

For instance, for a Crobat, you would want to make sure it was an Adamant Nature. Adamant increases the Attack stat by 10% and decreases the Special Attack stat by 10%. Since its Special Attack Base stat isn't very high (70), and since it learns good physical attacks (Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, HP Flying/Aerial Ace), it makes sense. Plus, you give it the Choice Band and let its great speed (Base 130, one of the highest in the game) help it attack first and hit hard.

Basically, you need to look at a site (Dark Venusaur suggested serebii.com, but I prefer www.smogon.com), see the Base stats of the Poke you want to use and then you can better determine what personality will best benefit it. Make sure though that the Nature helps the Poke what it is good at, don't try to use a Nature to try to cover a Poke's weakness because that won't help you much. The only exception that I can think of is Chansey/Blissey, since it huge HP can make that small difference (increasing Def) seem bigger.

Beta Trainer

... Well, I wonder.
    Years
    Alright...

I'm having more trouble with battling and Gym Leaders than I usually do in my Pokemon Games, and I came to a conclusion that it may be my PKMN party. :( I don't know whether or not I should start a new game, because I might be making the wrong decision. So...

What do you guys think?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Depends on how far you are and what you have trained currently. List that info and I can help you out better.

Beta Trainer

... Well, I wonder.
    Years
    Thanks! :)

Okay, I'm as far as Lavaridge town:

I have:
    Grovyl
    Masquerain
    Kirlia (soon to evolve)
    Swellow
    Electrike (soon to evolve)

Status