• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    i dont have anyone to trade with but i only catch the pokemon if the pokemon last evo dosn't effect it much

E.g if i catch a abra and get it to a kadbra but i wanna evolve it but it dosn't matter too much since its stats etc. dont change much if i get it to a alakazam i will just stick with an kadbra

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    dude...what're you on?

Alakazam is soo much better than Kadabra.
    it's stats are much stronger too.

it really depends on the pokemon.
    like you'd want an Alakazam, but for some of the others like Gravelelr/Golem
    it really doesn't matter 'cuz they're kinda meh in my opinion.
    but if u want the pokedex entry u should at least try and get 'em if you can.

LMAO...Alakazam..not much better than Kadabra...you're so funny.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    Shadow Grovyle said:
    Does anyone know an easy way to catch latias?

put a pokemon in level 39 as you first,pick up acro bike, go to the grass, use repel, put something heavy on the "B" button for it to keep pressed all the time, and wait....(some times it may take ours till it appear...)

can i put my emerald on a NINTENDO DS and put the link cable on it to trade pokemon with a game boy advnce????????

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    VanirElf said:

I wanted him solely for the purpose of battling, I can't fill the pokedex anyway, because I can't trade, so why bother? and it's the same thing with Slowking, Kingdra and others...too bad...

kirbyfan2

Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2006
    Where can I find one?!?

Does anyone know where I can find a heart Scale? I need one.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    ooh ok well like there's some lying around but to get a lot u'll need to fish for
    Luvdisc it carries them on occasion.

but u can find one as a hidden item in lillycove.
    in the beach area go all the way to the left like u'r going towards the dock but stay on the sand one of the stones has one hidden.

as for getting them from luvdisc if u'r playing emerald
    you'll need a super rod a nincada in u'r first slot
    it's ok and actually preferable to let it get knocked out before
    you go searching and in u'r second slot a pokemon with the move
    Covet or the move thief

Covet is learned by the following.

Zigzagoon Lv.29
    Linoon Lv.35

Slakoth Lv. 30 / 31 <-- don't remember

Skitty Lv.31

Thief
    is learned by Mightyena at lv.53 I forgot which level Poochyena
    learns it at.

if u want to have a good theif pokemon I recommend this breeding chain

zigzagoon Lv.29 - Poochyenna <-- learns covet as an egg move.
    then just raise it 'til it learns theif.make sure it's a male though
    so that later, u can if you want breed Thief and covet
    onto some other pokemon found in the breeding group that are
    capable of learning one or the other or both even.

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    can i put my emerald on a NINTENDO DS and put the link cable on it to trade pokemon with a game boy advance????????

please answer!

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    ppee_ex said:
    can i put my emerald on a NINTENDO DS and put the link cable on it to trade pokemon with a game boy advance????????

please answer!

Since I have a NINTENDO DS with me, might as well answer that.

No, you can't. We tried it with my friends but there's no way you could put the Link cable to the DS since DS uses Wireless technology so it could only link with other DS's and you can't use it to trade with. It's only for DS games.

You can put Emerald into the DS anyway. :P

Where can you get Moon Stone Besides Meteor Falls in Ruby? I only got Delcatty and I want a Wiglytuff... and Does a Lunatone holds one? If yes, where could I encounter one? (Even though I can't catch it.)

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    I know there's some hidden moon stones in the game but they're pretty rare, sorry but I don't remember.

as for Lunatone you can't find any in the wild in ruby version.
    and in sapphire they only hold the moon stone rarely.

you can get lots of sun stones though from solrock.

I recommend finding a friend to trade pokemon with you.
    if you can't then like use a gameshark I guess if you have one.

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years
    Can you use a game boy advance wireless adapter with DS???

If you can i can finally finish pokedex when i get DS ( i dont have another gameboy but i have all the 3rd generation games.)

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    weirdo1 said:
    Can you use a game boy advance wireless adapter with DS???

Again, no. There's no socket on the DS that is for wireless adaptors or Link Cables. *observes the DS* There are only 3 sockets:

1.) For the Charger
    2-3.) For the Headset.

It is somewhat obvious. Its name reads: Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter... (I just think :))
    You're like me. I only have a DS and a Gameboy Pocket. There.

Thanks VanirElf for answering my question. BTW I know a Psychic Trainer (Female) on Ruby has a Lunatone. And I know that there is a 5% Chance on stealing a sun stone for Solrock. Again Thanks.

I don't have some questions yet.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ppee_ex said:
    put a pokemon in level 39 as you first,pick up acro bike, go to the grass, use repel, put something heavy on the "B" button for it to keep pressed all the time, and wait....(some times it may take ours till it appear...)
    That is not correct. Lati@s, like the Legendary "Dogs" of GSC, don't move routes until you do, so you can sit in a route all day long with "B" pressed and never find it. What you need to do is take the Max Repel idea to Route 124, where the Shard Collector lives. Surf the coast up and down twice and then go inside the house. When you come back out, Lati@s will have switched routes while you have not. Continue to do this and you will eventually catch it. I have caught about 8 of them this way (my sons and I have 8 games between us).
    kirbyfan2 said:
    Does anyone know where I can find a heart Scale? I need one.
    Route 105 - west of SwimmerM Luis
    Route 109 - in front of Young Couple Mel & Paul
    Lilycove - rock, west of Lighthouse
    Lilycove - Dive, northwest of Lilycove (check dark patches)
    Lilycove - Dive, south of house
    Route 124 - Dive, southeast corner of white rock structure
    Route 128 - Dive, next to big rock on the right
    greatchikorita said:
    Where can you get Moon Stone Besides Meteor Falls in Ruby? I only got Delcatty and I want a Wiglytuff... and Does a Lunatone holds one? If yes, where could I encounter one? (Even though I can't catch it.)
    There are no other Moon Stones in the game, besides the one in Meteor Falls. Lunatone do hold them, I believe it is 5% of the time. You can either catch a lot of Luna in the hopes of one having a MS and then release the rest, or attack it with a Poke that knows Covet/Thief and just steal it.

Mr_Smilie:)

<3 SAKURA <3
    Years
    VanirElf said:
    dude...what're you on?

Alakazam is soo much better than Kadabra.
    it's stats are much stronger too.

LMAO...Alakazam..not much better than Kadabra...you're so funny.

i was using that as a random example and yes u r right

ppee_ex

pokémon colector
    Years
    greatchikorita said:
    Since I have a NINTENDO DS with me, might as well answer that.

No, you can't. We tried it with my friends but there's no way you could put the Link cable to the DS since DS uses Wireless technology so it could only link with other DS's and you can't use it to trade with. It's only for DS games.

You can put Emerald into the DS anyway. :P

and what about that wireless thing that i can put in the GBA to trade pokemon or battle with others, can i put that on Nintendo DS to trade pokemon with a GBA??????????

(if not, can i get conected to a friends DS with my DS and trade pokemon with that
    other DS?)

(answer quikly, i willl sell my GBA tomorow to buy a Nintendo DS, but only if i can do that)

is that EX: elemental heroes, darknes villans a new expansion of pokemon TCG?

Last edited:

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
    Years
    ppee_ex said:
    and what about that wireless thing that i can put in the GBA to trade pokemon or battle with others, can i put that on Nintendo DS to trade pokemon with a GBA??????????

(if not, can i get conected to a friends DS with my DS and trade pokemon with that
    other DS?)

(answer quikly, i willl sell my GBA tomorow to buy a Nintendo DS, but only if i can do that)

Well... I already answered a question like that:

greatchikorita said:
    Again, no. There's no socket on the DS that is for wireless adaptors or Link Cables. *observes the DS* There are only 3 sockets:

1.) For the Charger
    2-3.) For the Headset.

It is somewhat obvious. Its name reads: Game Boy Advance Wireless Adapter... (I just think :))

greatchikorita said:
    DS uses Wireless technology so it could only link with other DS's and you can't use it to trade with. It's only for DS games.

There. if I'm you, I wouldn't sell my GBA if I don't have to play DS games.

ppee_ex said:
    is that EX: elemental heroes, darknes villans a new expansion of pokemon TCG?

Meh, you're wrong. it's a fake card set but let's talk about in the Fake cards section.

Charmander345: Please don't douvle post. It's against the rules.

Thanks to shanecdavis for answering my question.

weirdo1

Like I care...
    Years
    It's not obvious..the gba can play game boy colour games and the link cable so some people can think nintendo ds can do similar things like that.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    uh...how is it not obvious...it doesn't have the required port for a link cable.
    how much more obvious can you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back