• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Green Bulbasaur said:
    Can someone PLEASE explain to me how you get a Shedinja? And is he any better then his other form?(I forget his other form's name)
    Train a nincada up to level 20. When it reaches level 20 and evolves into Ninjask you will have a Shedinja as well if and only if you had an open space in your party. And to answer your question, no not really. Shedinja has only 1 hp and can't be harmed by anything unless it's a move that is special effective against it. Shedinja can be killed by poison or sandstorm, things of that nature.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    It is actually, Absent. It requires a saudering iorn, a VERY steady hand, and some serious technical skill ^^;; if you dont know anyone like this, then get a new game. Because thats all you can really do.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    Which one is stronger - Lanturn or Milotic?
    Can Milotic learn thunder attacks as well? Coz I want a Pokemon with two kinds of attacks as there're too many types to choose from in RSE, unlike back in the RED/BLUE days...

Lathspell

T3H GR34T WH1T3
    Years
    YukiAoi said:
    Which one is stronger - Lanturn or Milotic?
    Can Milotic learn thunder attacks as well? Coz I want a Pokemon with two kinds of attacks as there're too many types to choose from in RSE, unlike back in the RED/BLUE days...

No, Milotic doesn't learn thunder attacks, but Milotic is FAR SUPERIOR to Lanturn because of his stats and his trait, Marvel Scale. Milotic has a huge sp def and above average sp atk, while all of Lanturn's stats are below average, except his HP.
    Just give Milotic this set, and he rulz.
    MILOTIC @ Leftovers
    Marvel Scale
    Surf
    Ice Beam/Refresh
    Toxic/Hypnosis
    Recover

I like Ice Beam and Toxic, but ingame, Hypnosis is better.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Both have their advantages. Milotic is obviously the better at taking hits, with Recover + Marvel Scale to help, and can learn Mirror Coat since you need to be really powered up with Calm Mind or something to OHKO with a special-based move. Lanturn is however useful, since it resists Boltbeam (Thunderbolt + Ice Beam) and messes up sweepers like Starmie which rely on these moves. Lanturn can also get some healing with Volt Absorb, if you're good at predicting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    Thanks for the advice:D Too bad I have been training Lanturn for the League up to about level 40 already and my Milotic's only at level 6. Guess Lanturn can wait for my next game when I can't get hold on a Feebas XD

Actually I'm always confused at the EV training thing. I just aim at leveling up my pokemons so I make them fight random pokemons from trainers or in the wild. But are the EV trainings only matter this much because you're doing cross-games trades and doing linked-battles with friends? Coz I'm playing a rom and won't ever get to trade/link-battle anyway.

Moreover, I'd also like to ask about the trait effects. I know traits like compoundeyes are very useful when hunting for items such as twisted spoons (thanks to Nincada that I got it on only the second Abra I caught). However, I don't see traits like Guts and Early Bird to be very useful?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    YukiAoi said:
    Moreover, I'd also like to ask about the trait effects. I know traits like compoundeyes are very useful when hunting for items such as twisted spoons (thanks to Nincada that I got it on only the second Abra I caught). However, I don't see traits like Guts and Early Bird to be very useful?
    Both Guts and Early Bird are GREAT Abilities, when utilized properly. Consider Swellow first. Swellow has Guts and Facade. What Guts does is increase Swellow's Atk by 1.5 if it statused (i.e. burn, sleep, poison, paralyzed, etc.) and what Facade does is double its AP when Swellow is poison/paralyze/burned. Have your Swellow hold the Choice Band for another boost and you have a seriously good physical attacker. Personally, Dodrio still outclasses Swellow since it doesn't have to be statused to hit hard, but you get the idea.

Early Bird is great because it wakes up Pokes after one turn. That means a 1-turn Rest. Sadly not enough Early Birders can utilize it effectively, but it also comes in handy when you are battling against someone who abuses Sleep conditions too.

bonjo said:
    hoq do i meet capt. stern the team aqua blocking the way in museum in slateport..emerald version???
    That is because you have to talk to Dock first. Dock can be found at Stern's Shipyard. Talk to him first and then the freaks won't be blocking the museum and you can go in and talk to the ingrate that is known as Capt. Stern. Seriously, you travel all the way there to give him the Goods, fending off threats the whole way and he bolts on you. Loser.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Jirachi - to Emerald

Does anyone know if you can download jirachi from the colleseum bonus disc right to emerald or does it only work with ruby/saphire? No theory please i'd like to hear from someone who's actually done it if possible.:nervous:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The bonus disk puts Jirachi into Colosseum. From there you can trade it straight way to FRLG/RSE. I haven't done this myself, but that is how it is done.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Thanks shanecdavis you're quite the source of info - got a question ask prof. davis.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    Is the cheat that says that the guy in the space station asks us if we want to go to moon? (emerald/r/s)
    Or
    that you can get jirachi if you have got 200 pokemon in ruby?
    Please...

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    Green Bulbasaur said:
    Can someone please tell me how to get a Feebas and put it in heavy detail. I do not understand that 6 tile thing at all.

First of all, Feebas is obtainable in six out of the hundreds of tiles of water on Route 119. I believe the tiles are randomized once you set the trendy phrase with the boy outside of one of the houses in Dewford Town.

Wherever your character go, it occupies one tile. So when you're in the water on Route 119, and you fish, you're fishing in one of the many tiles. And out of the hundreds of tiles on said route, Feebas will appear only in six out of these hundreds of tiles. These tiles are, as said, randomized every time you set the trendy phrase in Dewford Town. Therefore if you really want a Feebas, you'll have to work for it - fish five times (not including those times without a nibble) in every tile along the whole Route 119, until you can find one tile with its presence. It is recommanded that you get more than one so that you won't have to come back for more later in case you have a need for more Feebas.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I once talked to another person in a building who asked me for setting a phrase consists of four blanks. He's neither the boy in Dewford Town nor the two journalists but I forgot where he was located. And the next time I went back to Route 119, I could no longer encounter any Feebas in the tile I got it the first time. Maybe the boy in Dewford Town wasn't the only one who can re-randomize the tiles?

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    One more quick question: If 6 Pokemon appear and none of them are Feebas, do I have to go talk to the Phrase guy again so I can get the tiles randomized again?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    It's not six Pokemon you look out for, it's six tiles.

Try moving around the water in this sort of pattern:

< - < - < - ^
    > - > - > - >

and fish 2-3 times in each square. If you don't get a Feebas in one square, move on to the next one, fish 2-3 times there, then move to the next one, and so on.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    (Wondering if the cheat is true T_T)
    @Renagadez 1. You cant trade pokemon in a new game, you have to first do something or else the Direct Corner would be under maintainence

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back