• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    Bagon can be found only in the innermost room in Meteor Falls, the room which has a section of water in the middle.

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    Toothache said:
    It's not six Pokemon you look out for, it's six tiles.

Try moving around the water in this sort of pattern:

< - < - < - ^
    > - > - > - >

and fish 2-3 times in each square. If you don't get a Feebas in one square, move on to the next one, fish 2-3 times there, then move to the next one, and so on.

I still don't get it. I guess I'll have to try to figure it out myself.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Wow. A bunch of question unanswered. Time to iron them out.
    Rocking Groudon said:
    Is the cheat that says that the guy in the space station asks us if we want to go to moon? (emerald/r/s)
    Or
    that you can get jirachi if you have got 200 pokemon in ruby?
    Please...
    Sorry, but that isn't a cheat. It is a horrible rumor. The only relevance to the space station is that when the space dude tells you how many moon launches there have been, that is actually how many weeks you have been playing your game. Nothing more, nothing less. You CANNOT get Jirachi by completing the Hoenn Pokedex either. In Emerald you can go back to see Prof. Birch and he will reward you with one of the Johto starters though. In RS, I think you just pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Renagadez said:
    Hey, can I trade my shuckle from emerald to my newly started game in ruby? or will that whole situation that I cant trade old pokemon come up?
    (i beat pokemon emerald)
    Yes. Ruby and Sapphire do not have the trade stipulation the way FRLG and Emerald do. You can trade ANY Pokes into it as long as you have the Pokedex, which you get after beating May/Brendan the first time on Route 103 and visiting Prof. Birch again.

Green Bulbasaur said:
    I still don't get it. I guess I'll have to try to figure it out myself.
    What exactly are you not getting? Feebas can only be found on Route 119. That means ANY water tile in that whole area. In order to cover the area sufficiently, you want to start either at the very top left corner and then work your way in a linear formation (as illustrated so well by Toothache), fishing in each tile FIVE times. If you don't hook a Feebas after five tries, advance to the next tile and fish again. Rinse and repeat until you do. It requires patience though. Also, don't bother changing the trendy phrase in Dewford. By the time you go back there, change it, and go back and fish again, you could have covered more tiles. Good luck.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    i would advise: don't do 5. You will end up wanting to kill yourself. Just do one, and go back 5 times until you get one; then you feel like you are progressing. On this topic, though, I was wondering which rod it is that hooks the feebas? (I'd guess the good rod but I wasnt sure) And also, where can I make pokeblocks in Emerald? There are no contest places.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    Rocking Groudon said:
    Is the cheat that says that the guy in the space station asks us if we want to go to moon? (emerald/r/s)
    Or
    that you can get jirachi if you have got 200 pokemon in ruby?
    Please...
    Thte only way to get Jirachi was to have pre-ordered pokemon colluseum when it was first comming out. If you did, they'd give you this bonus disk for the gamecube. Then you could hook up your GBA to the gamecube, with that bonus disk in it, and get Jirachi. But that disk is unobtainable any more, unless someone lends it to you.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Keruri said:
    i would advise: don't do 5. You will end up wanting to kill yourself. Just do one, and go back 5 times until you get one; then you feel like you are progressing. On this topic, though, I was wondering which rod it is that hooks the feebas? (I'd guess the good rod but I wasnt sure) And also, where can I make pokeblocks in Emerald? There are no contest places.
    Do it however you want, but just make sure you fish 5 times minimum in each tile, in order to cover the percentage that Feebas will appear in the tile. You can use any Rod to catch Feebas. I used the Old Rod since it was easier to flee.

As for Pokeblocks in Emerald, there is a contest place. It is in Lilycove. After you defeat the E4, if you check your TV news frequently, you will also hear news of the "Master Blender" making an appearance at that location. The Master Blender makes perfect Pokeblocks every single time. I only make Pokeblocks when he is there.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    For Feebas, any rod would do but they say Super Rod is best as you would only hook either Carvanha or Feebas so it would be quite easy.
    btw I rarely am able to fish in emerald its so difficult T_T

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    I would suggest using an Old Rod for Feebas because I found it the easiest rod to use, thus quickening the progress. I used Old Rod, and among the lv. 5-10 Magickarps and Tentacools, Feebas were lv. 20-21, at least for the ones I caught.

To add t the Beldum location, I think it's only in Steven's house after you beat the Elite Four.

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    I finally caught my feebas. Thank you for the help everyone.

Just one problem: I caught it at to much of a high level. I wanted one like around 10, but I ended up getting a level 24. I want to breed it now so I can get a Feebas level 5. What can I breed it with to get a baby Feebas?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Beldum only appears after you beat the Elite Four. As for Snorunt, you can only get to him when the water is gone (low tide). Make your way all the way to the back until you get to the room with sliding ice, Snorunt is found here.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Here is a list of the Pokes that you can breed with Feebas:

Altaria
    Arbok
    Azumarill
    Bagon
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Charmander
    Charmeleon
    Clamperl
    Corphish
    Crawdaunt
    Croconaw
    Ditto
    Dewgong
    Dragonair
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Dragonite
    Dratini
    Dratini
    Ekans
    Feebas
    Feebas
    Feraligatr
    Golduck
    Gorebyss
    Grovyle
    Gyarados
    Horsea
    Horsea
    Huntail
    Kabuto
    Kabutops
    Kingdra
    Kingdra
    Lapras
    Lombre
    Lombre
    Lotad
    Ludicolo
    Magikarp
    Mantine
    Marill
    Marshtomp
    Masquerain
    Milotic
    Milotic
    Mudkip
    Octillery
    Omanyte
    Omaster
    Pelipper
    Politoed
    Poliwag
    Poliwhirl
    Poliwrath
    Psyduck
    Quagsire
    Relicanth
    Remoraid
    Salamence
    Sceptile
    Seadra
    Seadra
    Sealeo
    Seel
    Seviper
    Shelgon
    Slowbro
    Slowking
    Slowpoke
    Spheal
    Squirtle
    Surskit
    Swablu
    Swampert
    Totodile
    Treeko
    Walrein
    Wartortle
    Wingull
    Wooper

Just keep in mind that the Feebas you caught MUST be a female. If it is male, you can only breed it with Ditto in order to get baby Feebas. Also remember that you DO NOT want your baby Feebas to be Impish, Careful or Adamant. The reason is because they don't like Dry Pokeblocks and it will be extremely difficult to get its Beauty rating high enough (170) in order to evolve it to Milotic.

Congrats and good luck!

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    Before you breed your Feebas, check to see if there are any move that you want it to get through breeding.

I bred my female Feebas with a male Corsola that had Mirror Coat and Light Screen, allowing Feebas to get those moves. I know they contradict each other, I'm gonna get rid of one or the other, depending on which I find more useful.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Milotic doesn't need any Egg moves. Just the basic Surf, Ice Beam, and Recover.

Get rid of Light Screen. While Mirror Coat is a good link/NB move, Hypnosis is a bit more useful in-game.

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    I like those moves, but I want Refresh in addition to that, as that can save my *** big time. So, I don't care about the egg moves. I just want one at a low level. Plus I'm gonna breed some more Feebas eggs for my friends who can't get one.

Oh also! Where can I get a ditto in Emerald? I went to serebii and they said "Desert Underpass." Where is that at?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    After u beat the E4 and get the national pokedex, at the Fossil Maniac's house, if you go all the way up, u will see a cave where you can catch Ditto, and get the Claw/Root Fossil. Also, I like Milotic with Surf, Ice Beam, Rest, Sleep Talk, or Surf, Ice Beam, Hypnosis, Recover and I usually have it have a Bold nature.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back