• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    I just got emerald last week and im well into it. I have a few questions about it.

1. whats the appearance chance of mirage tower?
    2. How do I get graveler to evolve into golem? If it is a trade evolution which NPC do I trade it with?
    3. Where can I get a coin case in Emerald.
    4. I have currently just completed the Mt. Pyre Orbs bit and I`ve searched everywhere and dont know where to go next.
    5. My friends told me that a certain part of the Safari Zone gets Johto Pokemon (Houndoom etc.) when you complete the E4. Is this true?

5 questions for you to answer please :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    1. whats the appearance chance of mirage tower?
    I don't know the exact percentage but If you don't see it just ride back into Mauville and ride up again into the desert a few times it should appear.

2. How do I get graveler to evolve into golem? If it is a trade evolution which NPC do I trade it with?
    Trade evolution, you have to trade it into another Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (FR/LG after you beat the E4) to evolve it into Golem no NPC will trade you a Graveler, or wants to trade for a Graveler to my knowledge.

3. Where can I get a coin case in Emerald.
    Buy a Harbor Mail in the Slateport Pokemart and head to Mauville...give it to the lady in the house next to the game corner she'll give it to you.

4. I have currently just completed the Mt. Pyre Orbs bit and I`ve searched everywhere and dont know where to go next.
    Go to team Aqua's hideout in Lilycove talk to the guards they'll hint at the location of Team Magma's base, which is at the base of Mt. Chimney just take the Lift ride and go down Jagged pass if you have the Magma Emblem the opening to their base will open up.

5. My friends told me that a certain part of the Safari Zone gets Johto Pokemon (Houndoom etc.) when you complete the E4. Is this true?
    Yes it is true, some examples of Pokemon you can catch in the Safari Zone expansion are Houndour, Shuckle, Pineco, Teddiursa, Pineco, Sunkern, Ledyba, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Gligar, Mareep and some others..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2007
    cool thanks! now all i need is another GBA and I can get that golem *snigger*...

to reduce spam, I was also wondering what should I use my master ball on. lati@s, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, any of the regis.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Lat@s. It's the only legend that runs away. All the others stay put in one place.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    White Lotus said:
    This is sort of a general pokemon question but i didn't know where to put it so ...

Are there any pokes that have no weaknesses <super effective hits> other then Sableye?
    The proper answer is no. Sableye is the only Poke with no weaknesses and that is why it has horrible stats.

Ultimatelugia

Dragon champion
    Years
    aragornbird said:

Mooks: No, there probably won't be any more events for a while.

authanam: Yes, the Mudkip needs to be Female and the other Pokémon needs to be male.

TorchicFan: In order to mix records, you need to connect with another gameboy and go to the Record Mixing Center on the top floor of any PokeCenter. When you mix records, you can fight the trainer in the other game in your secret base.

If you have a male mudkip and a male ditto just keep going back to the desert underpass until you find a female.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ultimatelugia said:
    If you have a male mudkip and a male ditto just keep going back to the desert underpass until you find a female.
    Ummmm, there is no such thing as a "male ditto". Ditto are genderless and that is why you can breed them with all Pokes that aren't in the Unbreedable Egg group (Legendaries, baby evolutions, itself, Nidorina/Nidoqueen).

deoxysattack said:
    Does the celebi glitch work ? If yes what happens ?
    Not even answering this one.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    ARGHHH OMG Where can I find a bagon? My Emerald offical guide says it's in meteor falls but i've been looking here for about 2 hours and havent found one any help?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You have to have the TM Waterfall in order to get to it. Once inside Meteor Falls, you will notice the rather large waterfall there. You need to go up that and then in the cave. You will find TM23, Iron Tail and then after battling a few trainers, you will find TM02, Dragon Claw. This is the place that Bagon will rarely appear (10%, iirc).

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    in the little room? The one with the water seperating the two halves? Cos th's where i've bin looking

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If that is where you found Dragon Claw then yes. If the law of averages are against you, leave and come back then try again.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    ok thanks, heres another question! I have been trying to do the Lati@s catching thing on the tips page and I have left my DS on with the game on hopping for about 20 hours total and still not got it should I just stick at it?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Ummm, leaving your DS on has nothing to do with catching Lati@s. Like the Legendary Dogs, Lati@s will only change routes if you do, or if you reset the game. Here is how you catch Lati@s:

Put a Lv39 Poke in the lead. Fly to Mossdeep. Surf northwest until you see the island on Route 124 with a house on it. This is the Shard Collector's house, btw. What you do is go ashore, go in the house and back out. Save the game here. Use a Max Repel. Surf up and down the coast two full rotations. Go back in the house and come out. Repeat.

What this does is that when you enter the house, the Lati@s will change routes while you have not. Now it is just a matter of time before Lati@s ends up on your route. When it is and you run into it, MASTER BALL, GO!!!! If you accidentally used it on something else (which you shouldn't have), then do the normal way of putting it to sleep, weakening it, and then catching it.

BTW - If you have Lati@s from another game and you can trade it, you can trade it over and then you can track your wild Lati@s. I suggest this because it saves on Max Repel. Go in and out of the house, check its Route, and if it isn't right, go in and out again. When it is on your Route, go surfing.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    is it true that you can get some of the tickets by mixing records emerald with Ruby & sapphire? thats what i have heard and i am not sure if i should beleive it?

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ummm, leaving your DS on has nothing to do with catching Lati@s. Like the Legendary Dogs, Lati@s will only change routes if you do, or if you reset the game. Here is how you catch Lati@s:

Put a Lv39 Poke in the lead. Fly to Mossdeep. Surf northwest until you see the island on Route 124 with a house on it. This is the Shard Collector's house, btw. What you do is go ashore, go in the house and back out. Save the game here. Use a Max Repel. Surf up and down the coast two full rotations. Go back in the house and come out. Repeat.

What this does is that when you enter the house, the Lati@s will change routes while you have not. Now it is just a matter of time before Lati@s ends up on your route. When it is and you run into it, MASTER BALL, GO!!!! If you accidentally used it on something else (which you shouldn't have), then do the normal way of putting it to sleep, weakening it, and then catching it.

BTW - If you have Lati@s from another game and you can trade it, you can trade it over and then you can track your wild Lati@s. I suggest this because it saves on Max Repel. Go in and out of the house, check its Route, and if it isn't right, go in and out again. When it is on your Route, go surfing.

Thanks for the help but I left my DS with my Charecter Jumping on the acro bike in the grass (Like the guide says) I'l try your way ;) thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back