• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    _Tracey_ said:
    The only way to get Jirachi is playing Pokémon Channel ??
    You have to have the pokemon colloseum bonus disk. I think they gave it to people who pre-ordered a copy of colloseum, but you can get it on Ebay.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    :) thanks again for the wonderful reply :)

ok another set

1. if i trade the scanner for a deepseatooth will i be able to get the deepseascale too or i have to trade the pokemon to get the other evolution?

2. i lost my gba plus 2 dozen games last month and im stuck playing emulator damn never sleep on a train and always check your belongings before you get out of it:'( .does anyone here play the emulator?

3. what is the best personality to look for a pokemon? and what is its importance in the game?

Virage

Hero of Time
    Years
    phyllos123 said:
    :) thanks again for the wonderful reply :)

ok another set

1. if i trade the scanner for a deepseatooth will i be able to get the deepseascale too or i have to trade the pokemon to get the other evolution?

2. i lost my gba plus 2 dozen games last month and im stuck playing emulator damn never sleep on a train and always check your belongings before you get out of it:'( .does anyone here play the emulator?

3. what is the best personality to look for a pokemon? and what is its importance in the game?
    1. You'd have to trade it from another game. The scale is better.
    2. I havwe no clue what an emulator is. ;Oo
    3. I don't think personalitys do to much. I think it might help match pokemon up for breeding, but I'm not sure.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    It says on psypokes that if you have a slugma on emerald eggs hatch in 1/2 the time is this true?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Virage said:
    You have to have the pokemon colloseum bonus disk. I think they gave it to people who pre-ordered a copy of colloseum, but you can get it on Ebay.

Actually, I heard that Europeans got it with Pokemon Channel instead, but whatever.

phyllos123: Personalities determine which stats raise faster or slower as your Pokemon levels up. And I have an emulator (with the games in real life)...

willypiggy:You actually just need a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body (or whatever it's called) ability in your party. What that does is cut the number of steps you have to walk in half. For example, say that you had an egg that needs you to walk 500 steps before it hatches. With a Pokemon with the right ability in your party, that number is cut down to 250. However, whether or not the effect is cumulative I have no idea.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Virage said:
    phyllos123 said:
    3. I don't think personalitys do to much. I think it might help match pokemon up for breeding, but I'm not sure.
    What are you talking about? O_O Natures make one heck of a difference. Here's some information about natures that should clear everything up:

In total there are 25 natures. Each nature decreases one stat, but boosts another. However, there are some exceptions. 5 of the natures (Quirky, Docile, Bashful, Hardy and Serious.) are neutral, meaning they don't affect stats in any way.

The natures are as follows:

Neutral:

Serious
    Docile
    Quirky
    Bashful
    Hardy

+ Attack:

Lonely (- Defense)
    Brave (- Speed)
    Adamant (- Sp.Atk)
    Naughty (- Sp.Defense)

+ Defense:

Bold (- Attack)
    Relaxed (- Speed)
    Impish (- Sp.Atk)
    Lax (- Sp.Defense)

+ Speed:

Timid (- Attack)
    Hasty (- Defense)
    Jolly (- Sp.Atk)
    Naive (- Sp.Defense)

+ Sp.Atk:

Modest (- Attack)
    Mild (- Defense)
    Quiet (- Speed)
    Rash (- Sp.Def)

+ Sp.Defense:

Calm (- Attack)
    Gentle (- Defense)
    Sassy (- Speed)
    Careful (- Sp.Atk)

As for Phyllos's question: What nature is most suitable for your Pokémon simply depends on the base stats and moveset of your Pokémon. It's usually good to look for a nature that raises an important stat for your Pokémon and decreases a stat that the Pokémon has no (Or very little.) use for.
    willypiggy said:
    It says on psypokes that if you have a slugma on emerald eggs hatch in 1/2 the time is this true?
    Yes, what Psypoke is true. Any other Pokémon with Magma Armor or Flame Body will do just as well, too.

*Edit* Ichapokemr beat me. <.<

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Thanks will make my breeding go much faster now :D and yes I checked Jirich is ONLY avalible by either cheating OR by connecting your GBA to your GC and playing poke channel adn ou see jorochi fly behind pikachu very fast and if you have a empty space in ure poke squad it says there is a mysterious surprise or summin like that.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    andrewv42 said:
    Thanks shane he has all of those moves actually, but the shadow ball is with his shedinja. He seems to like to use iron tail against glalie, which is super effective. Thunderbolt 1-hit-KO`s glacias sealeos, but walrein owns raichu at the end.

This is EXACTLY why your friend is having problems. Iron Tail instead of Shadow Ball? Just in case you didn't know, he is using a 100 AP move that is only 75% accurate (Iron Tail) instead of a 95 AP move that is 100% accurate (Flamethrower). Losing 5 AP is a lot better than losing 25% accuracy. Raichu is also pretty pathetic defensively, that is why you use Gardevoir. It is a special tank that Walrein can do little to while it eats a few Thunderbolts.

Anyways hes starting to train up his pokemon, but he has no good place to train. The trainers that want a rematch are too weak. The pokemon on victory road always use roar/whirlwind. His pokemon on E4 keep fainting = loosing trust.

Sounds to me like your friend has a general lack of patience. He made wrong choices and now he needs to take the time to raise proper Pokes. He needs to invest time into them and by Lv45, they should be able to handle the W4 rather easily. Not sure what you mean about losing trust.

I dont think my friend has a very bright future lol ^.^
    Your friend does, but only if he has the patience to get better.

andrewv42 said:
    What are the effects if a poke loses trust in you?
    Again, I am unclear what you mean by a Poke losing trust. If you are referring to its Happiness rating, then every time a Poke faints, it loses 1 point. Sadly, the only thing that is linked to Happiness are the moves Return/Frustration, and a few Pokes that evolve due to Happiness. It would be cool to see Happiness factor in more in DP, but I doubt it will happen.

Ichapokemr said:
    willypiggy:You actually just need a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body (or whatever it's called) ability in your party. What that does is cut the number of steps you have to walk in half. For example, say that you had an egg that needs you to walk 500 steps before it hatches. With a Pokemon with the right ability in your party, that number is cut down to 250. However, whether or not the effect is cumulative I have no idea.
    It is not cumulative. Having two Pokes with Magma Armor/Flame Body will still only reduce the steps by approximately half.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    willypiggy said:
    Thanks will make my breeding go much faster now :D and yes I checked Jirich is ONLY avalible by either cheating OR by connecting your GBA to your GC and playing poke channel adn ou see jorochi fly behind pikachu very fast and if you have a empty space in ure poke squad it says there is a mysterious surprise or summin like that.

OR by getting the now-super-rare Colosseum Bonus Disk, connecting your GBA to your GCN, and transferring it over...but that's really only if you live in the USA......

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    OR by getting the now-super-rare Colosseum Bonus Disk, connecting your GBA to your GCN, and transferring it over...but that's really only if you live in the USA......
    A cretain someone here may have that disk :) sold my gamecube though :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    thanks again:classic:

1. how to make certain pokemon happy?

2. still can catch a carsola im using super rod and end up catching wailmer, seaking, sharpedo but no carsola. im playing emerald ver. and im fish at the right location indicated by serebii.

3. when will the latest pokemon will be out in the US?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Someday I am going to finish a FAQ on this and have it stickied somewhere. Anyways, here is a post I recently added in the FRLG Simple Questions section:
    You have to get its Happiness rating over 220. When you catch Zubat or Golbat, your Poke starts off with a Happiness rating of 50-99. I give it a range because I haven't been able to spend enough time getting an exact amount. I do know that whenever you trade a Poke from one cart to another, its rating is reset to 70. Now, in order to find out where your Golbat's Happiness rating is at, go talk to your rival's sister in Palet Town. I only have the phrases for RSE, but I am pretty sure that when she says "It adores you. It can't possibly love you any more. I even feel happy seeing it", it's Happiness is almost maxed and it will evolve. Generally, I will stop when it says "It seems very happy. It obviously likes you a whole lot", since that means it is 200-249 and close to being able to evolve. I reserve the former for when I am going to have that Poke learn Return.

Now that you know what you need to do to evolve your Golbat, l will cover how. The first thing you need is a Soothe Bell. It is a hold item found by using the Itemfinder where Mr. Fuji was standing in Pokemon Tower (Fuschia City). What it does is increase the Happiness your Poke receives by 50%. Here are some ways to increase your Pokes Happiness:

Walk 256 steps: +1 for all Happiness values
    Give Vitamins: +5 in 0-99, +3 in 100-199, +2 in 200 and over
    Level Up: +5 in 0-99, +3 in 100-199, +2 in 200 and over
    Important battle: +3 in 0-99, +2 in 100-199, +1 in 200 and over

Now, there are also things that make your Poke lose Happiness. All deal with giving your Poke any of the bad-tasting herb heal items. Avoid them at all costs. The other thing that reduces is having your Poke faint. It will drop 1 point for each instance.

There are also some myths about Happiness that just aren't true. The following myths do not affect Happiness in any way:

- Healing a weak Poke
    - Giving it a hold item (not called Soothe Bell)
    - Putting a Poke in the PC
    - Winning wild Poke battles
    - Letting a Poke's HP fall into the red
    - Walking around when your Poke has a status effect.

The last thing that can affect Happiness can only be found in Emerald. Feeding a Poke any of the berries (21-26) will increase their Happiness rating. Again, I have not spent enough time to calculate at what rate a berry increases Happiness, but it definitely works. Unfortunately, it is only attainable in Emerald though.

Follow these steps and you should be able to evolve your Golbat in no time. Good luck.

Corsola is found on Routes 102 and 117. Just be patient and you will get one.

There is currently no release date yet for DP in the US. I was hoping by Christmas, but it might be the first quarter of next year at this rate.

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    Hello All,

Just a few quick questions:

Q. Is it normal to use seperate teams for the main game, contests and the Battle frontier or can 1 well planned team be used for all?

Q. Is there a common team that is used for the main storyline and elite four part of emerald (this obviously depends on the starter you choose im guessing)?

Thanks In Advance

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Using different teams is preferable, and can be more enjoyable. The in-game AI, the Battle Frontier AI, and the contest AI all act differently anyway. Use one team to go through the storyline. Then raise a team to participate in contests. Then, raise a team to go in the BF. That will maximize your enjoyment, imo, and that is what makes Emerald the best game out there. If only they would re-make GSC.

There is no common team. The AI is so elementary, that any collection of six Pokes can progress and beat the game, as long as you don't have too many glaring "don'ts". Good luck.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ok, heres a question ,I'm gonna train my Battle Frotier team's EV's, If I clone some xp shares slap one on each pokemon and then let someone like rayquaza do all the dammage will each of my pokemon with xp shares get xp AND the normall amount of EV's for killing that poke or are the EV's devided?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I won't condone cloning Exp Share, as I view that as cheating, but I will say that if you give each of your BF Pokes Exp Share, each Poke will get the same EV points as though they had participated in the battle themselves. The EV points, unlike the Exp points, are not divided.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Ah, Ok thanks, Since you dont like me cheating and everybody will probabley think i'm a noob if I do I wont. But I know where I can train HP EV's (Marrils at petalberg city) But where can I train attack EV's? (I cant do the secret bases thing)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back