• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, you have to go back to Slateport and purchase a Harbor Mail to give to the little girl. She will then give you the Coin Case.

Role Play on Alazakam is absolutely worthless. Recover isn't much better. Once you use Recover on Alakazam, you end up having to keep using it because your opponent will take advantage of it frail defenses. Alakazam is a special sweeper that attacks fast and hard. It isn't designed to last without help (i.e. Baton Passed Substitute or Wish).

Yes, it has been reported that you can trade from RSE to DP by putting them both into your DS. The REAL question is where would Kirlia provide the most help. In RSE, Gardevoir can abuse the entire game with the right moveset. In DP, I have no idea.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    SMIV bows in reverence to the all-knowing Prof. Davis.

Your help on catching Lati@s was MOST informative! Worked like a charm...10 min!

That guide is HERE that tells the crappy way to catch Lati@s. Maybe you can edit it with your superior tactics. Seriously...unsticky that crap and put your version in please for all to use!!

EDIT: I also meant to ask if you have a 1337 strategy for the dogs in FR/LG?

Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Ok so I'm working on my EV training Preparation, but I ran into a kink. I've started a knew game on Sapphire, worked through about 2 hours until I got to a place that had the hole in the mountain that I could use Secret Power on and make a Secret Base. I traded a Poke that had secret power and it worked great. CAN'T mix records though. What point in the game is the record mixing turned on?

Also...Traded pokemon past lvl. 10 don't obey very well until you get the second badge right. Well can I catch a poke in my new Sapphire game...trade THAT poke to my Emerald, level him up to make him nice and strong...and then trade him back. Will he obey me no matter what level he is??

Any tips on progressing through the game quickly so I can get this EV training going would be appreciated! ;)

Thx

(and thank you prof. davis...just gettin it outta the way) :P

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    u can start mixing records as soon as u reach mauville city. if ure unsure, theres a person who will say, 'a new r.c. just opened upstairs' and then it will be available

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    I have two questions...

Can you obtain Secret Power again to teach to another Pokemon? Just in case I don't want to use the Pokemon I taught it to anymore?

And, where do you get the Good Rod and the Super Rod?

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    To Get the Good Rod and Super Rod are easy:

Super Rod: At mossdeep city hes in one of the houses

Good Rod: Go to the patch of water east of Mauville and surf to the other side and talk to the fisherman one of them will give it to you

MrDreavus

There she goes! =O
    Years
    Thank you! I love fishing for Pokemon xDD

In addition to my other question:
    On Jagged Pass, leading to Lavaridge Town, there are little lines of sphere rocks that I heard you can go on if you have the Acro Bike. Well, I want to get back to Fallarbor to pick up some stuff I missed, but I can't seem to bunny hop on the them. Every time I try to hop on to them my character just turns, faces, and bumps in to the rock. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    SMIV bows in reverence to the all-knowing Prof. Davis.

Your help on catching Lati@s was MOST informative! Worked like a charm...10 min!

That guide is HERE that tells the crappy way to catch Lati@s. Maybe you can edit it with your superior tactics. Seriously...unsticky that crap and put your version in please for all to use!!

EDIT: I also meant to ask if you have a 1337 strategy for the dogs in FR/LG?

Thank you!

Glad I could help. That thread is locked so I cannot edit it. Maybe a Mod can.

I am not young enough or on the internet enough to know what 1337 means, so I will just give you the strategy for the "dogs" anyway. It is the exact same concept as Lati@s, but easier since the dog cannot swim. My typical spot is Route 14 (iirc) where there is the house there. I believe you get one of the rods there. Sorry, I haven't done it in a while, although I just defeated the Weak5 in LeafGreen with my crap team, so I will be searching for the dog myself. There is a patch of grass on Route 14 that requires Cut (iirc). You use the Max Repel, roam the grass back and forth three times, and then ride to the house, go in and out, and now the dog has changed routes. You blow through MRs faster since you have to travel to and from the house (it is a greater distance than in RSE), but since the dogs are limited to ground routes, it goes rather quickly. Once you see one, GO MASTER BALL GO!!! Use the MB because if it uses Roar, you will NEVER see it again. Good luck!

Ok so I'm working on my EV training Preparation, but I ran into a kink. I've started a knew game on Sapphire, worked through about 2 hours until I got to a place that had the hole in the mountain that I could use Secret Power on and make a Secret Base. I traded a Poke that had secret power and it worked great. CAN'T mix records though. What point in the game is the record mixing turned on?

Also...Traded pokemon past lvl. 10 don't obey very well until you get the second badge right. Well can I catch a poke in my new Sapphire game...trade THAT poke to my Emerald, level him up to make him nice and strong...and then trade him back. Will he obey me no matter what level he is??

Any tips on progressing through the game quickly so I can get this EV training going would be appreciated! ;)

Thx

(and thank you prof. davis...just gettin it outta the way) :P
    As it was said already, you can mix records as soon as you hit Mauville.

Yes, if you trade a Poke from Sapphire to Emerald, level it up, and trade it back, it will still obey you because you are still the original trainer. I have a quicker way to progress through the game though.

In Emerald, take your Swampert that knows both Surf and Ice Beam and breed it for a bunch of Mudkip eggs. Now take 5 eggs, grab a Slugma/Magcargo, and bike back and forth from Route 118 to Verdanturf. It normally takes 5120 steps to hatch a Mudkip egg, but with Slug/Mag in your team that is cut in half (Emerald only). That is 2560 steps. Starting at the Daycare Center and going right to Route 118 back to Verdanturf and back to the DC is approximately 250 steps. So, after 9 full rotations, your egg will almost be ready to hatch. Put those eggs in the PC and repeat the process a few times. Now you have around 20 Mudkip eggs that are ready hatch that have Mudkip that already know Surf and Ice Beam.

Restart your Sapphire game. Choose Treecko as your starter so May will have Torchic. Progress through the game until you have the Pokedex, 5 Poke Balls, and the Running Shoes. Now travel to Route 103 and catch 5 Zigzagoon. Done? Travel to the Oldale Pokemon Center, go upstairs, and trade Treecko to Emerald for a Mudkip egg. Run around until the egg hatches. Viola!! Super Lv5 Mudkip. Now you don't have to waste time catching any other Pokes or even battling wild Pokes. In fact, I always invest in Repel to prevent even encountering a wild Poke. The Exp points you get from trainer/gym leader battles is enough to keep your Mudkip very strong. When Mudkip evolves into Marshtomp (which should happen at the first gym), its only weakness is Grass and it murders any Grass Poke it runs across with Ice Beam. Plus, any time you battle May, since you started with Treecko, your super Marshtomp can throw down on Torchic with ease. You will get to Mauville in no time.

Now, I had you catch the 5 Zigzagoon because of their Pickup Trait. After a few Mudkip battles, check your Zigs to see if they have picked up anything useful. Keep the good items and sell the rest. You can also teach Rock Smash to one of your Zigs, so you don't have to put it on Mudkip.

Two items I never forget is the Everstone (on the plateau in Granite Cave) and Exp Share (from Devan Corp after visiting Stephen). Then I equip them to the Pokes I am going to trade to Emerald for the EV team I am trading to mix records with. If you progress to Meteor Falls, don't forget the Moon Stone. Since you are reseting so often, you can accumulate a bunch of those. I have enough Everstone that I have equipped one to each of my Ditto. I have a Ditto of every nature, and when I breed with a Ditto holding the Everstone, I have a 50% chance the baby will the same nature as the Ditto. The Exp Share is for EV training. One Poke holds the Macho Brace and the other 5 hold Exp Share. All Pokes involved in battle will get the available EV points, further shortening your training process. I also have a bunch of Moon Stone (which helped A LOT to evolve my 6 Clefairy into Clefable.) that I can continually use on breeding Pokes that require them. Sure it is easier to use cheat codes or use the duplication trick in Emerald, but I don't. There is a certain satisfaction of not resorting to crap like that.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
    You can have a Pokémon evolve past this point. If you want a Pokémon to evolve after it passed its evolutionary level, do a few things:
    1. As stated above, remove any items that may prevent evolution.
    2. Take it OUT of the Daycare Center.
    3. Make sure its level 99 or lower.*
    4. Use it in battle until it levels up.
    Then said Poochyena will evolve like all others, except your Mightyena will have crappy Poochyena stats.

*If its level 100, then youre out of luck! Sorry!

As for the Latis, it also helps using Wobuffett, OR a fast Pokémon with Mean Look!

Actually, you can still evolve a level 100 Pokemon. Give it a Rare Candy even at level 100 and it will evolve. Though the item is supposed to level them up once, the hidden effect is that it causes them to evolve once they reach or go beyond their true evolution level.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Okay, I have two questions...

1.) Is there any way to get a Metal Brace in Emerald without trading through LG/FR?

2.) Berries are STILL disappearing in my new game, despite not having anything to do with a gameshark. Does anyone know what's wrong? It's really starting to bug me. It seems to only affect certain berries and certain patches.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    1.) Is there any way to get a Metal Brace in Emerald without trading through LG/FR?

I'm not sure about a 'Metal Brace' , but I believe you can get a 'Metal Coat' from the Magnemite/Magneton in New Mauville.

2.) Berries are STILL disappearing in my new game, despite not having anything to do with a gameshark. Does anyone know what's wrong? It's really starting to bug me. It seems to only affect certain berries and certain patches.

The 'Berry Glitch' I believe only affects R/S not Emerald. If you're having a problem with your berries I would imagine you aren't harvesting them in time, or giving them enough time to grow.

All information given by me will need to be Fact Checked by someone more knowledgable...but for now it's all you're gettin! :D

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I'm not sure about a 'Metal Brace' , but I believe you can get a 'Metal Coat' from the Magnemite/Magneton in New Mauville.

That's what I said! lol, whoops.
    And thanks. Now I've got to go poach some Magnemites!

The 'Berry Glitch' I believe only affects R/S not Emerald. If you're having a problem with your berries I would imagine you aren't harvesting them in time, or giving them enough time to grow.

But I was always under the impression that they grow into a flower, and then revert back to a seed - but the planted berry itself never vanishes. So maybe I'm mistaken.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Where is the berry master's house? the one with the berry masters wife who gives you berries

Fly to Mauville, and it's just a straight line right. Surf past the water, and go through the patches of grass (you'll see some punk Bird Pokemon trainers on the way), and you'll be at the Berry Master's house. If you just go due east from Mauville, it's very hard to miss.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    But I was always under the impression that they grow into a flower, and then revert back to a seed - but the planted berry itself never vanishes. So maybe I'm mistaken

Here's how I understood berries to work.
    1. You pick a new plant and it gives u 2 to 3 berries.
    2. You plant a berry and water it with the pail.
    3. 2nd stage of planting is the two-leaf sprout.
    4. 3rd stage is plant that looks similiar to full grown but only lets you water it more.
    5. 4th it's ready to pick again.

I don't know what the time is between each stage, but I do know that if you miss the 4th stage and it drops the berries you should have picked....U R screwed cause they don't grow back for a REALLY long time. I have yet to see ANY of my missed berries grow back and i'm talkin about weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back