• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
    Years
    My main question is not how to get Lugia and Ho-oh, its how to get Celebi and Deoxys without cheating, and without an event. The only events are in Japan and in New York, which is a couple thousand miles away, and my dad won't fly to New York just to get a Pokemon.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The only other thing you can do is either go through eBay or find someone (local or otherwise) that has an extra Deoxys/Jirachi that is willing to trade it to you. That is how I completed my Pokedex.

Cinders

more smrt thn u
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    Wild Lunatone have a 5-10% chance of holding a Moon Stone. Either catch a bunch of them and see if any are holding them, or use the move Thief on them.

Ah, my friend, I'm talking about solo Ruby, remember? That's how I got my Bellosom back after trading it for that Corsola =^_^= Thanks again. After I evolve my Lileep and Goldeen, I'll still be missing one... Did I ever get a Slaking? Anyway, thanks.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Why Do IVs Need To Be Calculated At LVL 20 Or 50, Why Not Lvl 5?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2007
    ._.

Any function for the Up Grade or whatever it's called (the "reculiar box made by Silph CO")? I got it with an Action Replay. What's the point, though?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2007
    Give it to a Porygon and trade the Porygon with the Up Grade to evolve it into Porygon2.

Hyuuga EX

Byakugan Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2007
    My question is if they still have the events where you get Celebi in the US. And if so, where?

Hyuuga EX

Byakugan Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2007
    Yes, I am aware that you can get Celebi in Japan (apparently through your way, but through the Bonus Disc as well), but since I live in the United States and do not plan on making a trip to Japan, I wanted to know if they still have the events in the United States.

- Hyuuga EX

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Well Apparently this is what you do, You can ONLY do this in Emerald version, and at the battle frontier.

1. Go to the PC in the battle tower.
    2. Deposit the Pokemon you want to clone in any box in Lanette's PC. Furthermore, if you wish to clone items, give the item(s) you'd like to clone to any Pokemon in the PC via the Move Items option.
    3. Exit the PC and save the game.
    4. Withdraw the Pokemon or item(s) from the PC that you initially stored in step two.
    5. Talk to the lady behind the counter closest to the PC (The one furthest to the right).
    6. She will ask if you want to make a challenge. Select yes and choose any two eligible Pokemon from your party.
    7. She will tell you that you must save the game before making a challenge and ask you if that is OK. Select yes.
    8. The game will freeze for approximately 2 seconds.
    9. After, but not during, the freeze, turn off the game. It is not necessary to save again. Turning the game off during the pause may result in a permanent loss of game data.
    10. Once you've turned the game back on, the cloned Pokemon and/or item(s) will be both in your party and in the PC.

And Thats that, although i dont clone coz it is pretty cheap.

Also it says this on the website, Heed It's Warning And I Quote:

"The implications of this glitch are quite astounding. By trading cloned items to Diamond and Pearl, the rarity/value of shiny Pokemon as well as certain items will be significantly lower, which could be seen as either a bad or good thing, depending on how this glitch affects you. I for one am having a swell time duplicating masterballs, rare candies, and PP ups, as well as constructing armies of Shiny Groudon and Rayquaza. Enjoy… or don't…"

Last edited:

jammi567

I have a question (i asked it earlier, but i wasn't at the Elite 4 then). I need help beating them (i have the Sapphire version, if that's any help). Here are my pokemon, levels and moves:

Gardevoir, Level 40
    confusion, psychic, calm mind and flash

Swellow, level 40
    fly, aerial ace, steel wing and quick attack

Camerupt, level 40
    rock slide, earthquake, ember and magnitude

Lairon, level 41
    strength, metal claw, iron tail and rock smash

Scepitle, level 41
    pursuit, cut, giga drain and leaf blade

Kyogre, level 46
    body slam, waterfall, ice beam and surf

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Smeargle?

Please explain to me how this Pokemon works. If you are fighing one in the wild will it pick up the moves you use on it? Does it keep moves learned in a Secret Base battle? If someone could explain, or send me a link to a page which explains, it would be much appreciated. Thanks! 8D

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2007
    Hum.... Help meeeeeeee.

How can i get Mirage Island to appear in pkmn r
    uby?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2007
    can you trade with r/s/e from a ds to ds or from a ds to gba/gba sp?

You need to pass the pkmn from ruby or sapphire to emerald usin a game boy and use a DS with the emerald game pak to use the wireless feature and then you can pass pokemon from emerald to ds. In other words is DS to DS and gba/sp to gba/sp

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back