• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    i do not want to spam but, when you say 2 you mean i have to trade 2 pokemon from generation 1 or 2 to get a national dex for my sapphire?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Generation 1 - First 151 Pokemon (Bulbasaur - Mew)
    Generation 2 - First 251 Pokemon (Bulbasaur - Celebi)

This is of course using the Kanto Pokedex list. Get something like either Colosseum, XD, Fire Red or Leaf Green, trade to your Sapphire cart and the National Pokedex will be yours.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    i am not sure if this is a simple question
    when i weent to mount pyre or i dive to get t sootopolis i can't anything except for my character and the whole place is foggy.. do you guys know how to fix it? help me please... btw i'm using no$gba in playing pokemon ruby

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    i am not sure if this is a simple question
    when i weent to mount pyre or i dive to get t sootopolis i can't anything except for my character and the whole place is foggy.. do you guys know how to fix it? help me please... btw i'm using no$gba in playing pokemon ruby

hmm.....I didn't understand that corectly :P

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
    LOL. u dont need to do anything, its just the game. i think that on mt pyre, the fog is there for dramatic effect (there are ghosts there after all lol)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    yeah i don't understand it either XD that's why i can't locate sootopolis since i can't see anything XD even at mount pyre...

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2007
    do i have to beat the elite 4 to trade pokemon with my XD and collsuem?? because when i connect my GBA to my XD it always does not work... and my gameboy Advance been used when i bought it.,...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    legolasidkarlo: There's something up with either your emulator or rom. You'd probably be better off going over to the emulation section of the forum.

lemon99: You have to not only beat the Elite 4 on your GBA game, but you also have to make sure that you have beaten the main story in your GCN game.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    How much steps you need to get an egg (not to hatch it)? Is it the same for D/P?

Do you mean how many steps for two pokes to produce an egg? It depends on the pairing. Working from memory...

Two of the same pokes with different ID numbers will produce an egg the fastest.

Two of the same pokes with the same IDs will produce an egg in average time. (I think this is the case for two different pokes with different IDs, but I could be wrong).

Two different pokes with the same IDs will take the longest.

Either way, the number of steps appears to be random. Two of the same pokes with different IDs may take a really long time (not usually, but it happens), while two different pokes with the same IDs may take a few steps (again: not common, but possible).

As for D/P... not sure. I would assume so, but you may want to take your question to the D/P section.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    just wondering if I coauld get some tips for catching the regis, I caught Regirock but I dont want to waste so many ultra balls and timer balls.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    just wondering if I coauld get some tips for catching the regis, I caught Regirock but I dont want to waste so many ultra balls and timer balls.

If you eventually catch them... is it really wasting balls?

My suggestion: put them to sleep as soon as possible. Don't let them Curse. When they Curse, their Defense goes up, and the higher the defense (combined with the fact that they're Legendaries and, more or less, Tanks) the more difficult it is to catch them (far as I know – I could have been given false information!). So putting to sleep is top priority - do it before even thinking about inflicting a wound. You could also use a Poke with Screech, or a similar defense-lowering move (a Hazer would work wonders if they are able to Curse up). But regardless: sleep first, attack second, and then Haze or lower defense if they've Cursed. And just keep plowing by with Ultra Balls (or Timer Balls, although I personally found them unreliable).

If you have the time, you could configure the ultimate Pokemon Catching Machine: a Shroomish (don't let him evolve!) with Spore (the only 100% accuracy sleep move) and False Swipe.

jammi567

I've got a simple question. I've got Emerald, and i know you can catch both Abra and Ralts early in the game. But which one is overall better, considering that i can't trade to get an alakazam.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    If you eventually catch them... is it really wasting balls?

My suggestion: put them to sleep as soon as possible. Don't let them Curse. When they Curse, their Defense goes up, and the higher the defense (combined with the fact that they're Legendaries and, more or less, Tanks) the more difficult it is to catch them (far as I know – I could have been given false information!). So putting to sleep is top priority - do it before even thinking about inflicting a wound. You could also use a Poke with Screech, or a similar defense-lowering move (a Hazer would work wonders if they are able to Curse up). But regardless: sleep first, attack second, and then Haze or lower defense if they've Cursed. And just keep plowing by with Ultra Balls (or Timer Balls, although I personally found them unreliable).

If you have the time, you could configure the ultimate Pokemon Catching Machine: a Shroomish (don't let him evolve!) with Spore (the only 100% accuracy sleep move) and False Swipe.

I ended up catching them, Relicanth used sing, Wailord's dive and surf moves (depending on which Regi)got them to very low health Regirock-timerball
    Regice and Registeel-ultra balls

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've got a simple question. I've got Emerald, and i know you can catch both Abra and Ralts early in the game. But which one is overall better, considering that i can't trade to get an alakazam.
    Both are good in their own ways. I personally use Alakazam more but seeing as you cant trade, I'd probably go for a Gardevoir for the long term.
    Gardevoir > Kadabra.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Alakazam has a higher speed and SA making it deadlier than gardevoir which has higher sp def but slower. But since you can't trade like ^ said gardevoir > kadabra

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I prefer Gardivior because Abra is a pain not learning anything except teleport until level 16 (i know you can use TMS/HMS).

Classic Gardevior Move Set

Abilty: Synchronize

Physcic
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hyber Beam

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back