• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions (PLEASE USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    What offset is the letter á in Fire Red at(I'm using tile molester)?

I don't know exactly where that character is, but this tutorial, should cover how to edit the font in Fire Red. According to that thread, the Fire Red font is located at the offsets 1F5DF0, 201FF0, 212308 and 222620.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • To remove, add or edit animations, use Lu-ho's animation editor. Though I have no idea why you want to remove the waterfall, moving tiles to a different place is way easier. (I'm assuming you want to insert new tiles over the waterfall).
    Not 100% sure about your second problem, but anyway:
    Block is covered by hero is the correct background byte for that block, so I have no idea what happened there. Perhaps you have multiple blocks that look similar and accidently used the wrong one, or you haven't re-entered the map while testing in VBA. Those green spots look like the top of your tree tile if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, it is the top of the tree tile. What should I do to fix this?

Years
  • I have two questions, the first is that I'm working on my own Pokemon game (fire red) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a cool graphics patch for it?

Second, apparently the old style method scripting i.e using notepad and such, doesn't work anymore and I have to use PKSV instead. Can someone give me a basic outline of a script to ask a question or make something happen like when Prof Oak takes you to the lab? The tutorials are too confusing and the generator doesnt help.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I have two questions, the first is that I'm working on my own Pokemon game (fire red) and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a cool graphics patch for it?

Second, apparently the old style method scripting i.e using notepad and such, doesn't work anymore and I have to use PKSV instead. Can someone give me a basic outline of a script to ask a question or make something happen like when Prof Oak takes you to the lab? The tutorials are too confusing and the generator doesnt help.

For your first question, if rom bases is what you are looking for then look at the resources. New tiles and others. Patch like with new moves and such, go check it out yourself ^^

Second, there is a tutorial here for PKSV, just look for it and learn. But It's better to use XSE.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't know exactly where that character is, but this tutorial, should cover how to edit the font in Fire Red. According to that thread, the Fire Red font is located at the offsets 1F5DF0, 201FF0, 212308 and 222620.
    Yeah, I tried that but could sadly not find Á...
    I suppose it's just to continue searching...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Yeah, I tried that but could sadly not find Á...
    I suppose it's just to continue searching...
    If you use the character in a script you should able to use VBA's tile viewer to pinpoint the characters exact location.

Years
  • Hello.

I was wondering how to move an address contained in a register by the value contained in a other register.

Example:
    r0 = a byte having a value of x
    r1 = any address how to move to the right r1 by x ?

I do not mean move by the number of bytes of a register (it currently lsr rx, ry), but by the value contained in this register.

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Yes, it is the top of the tree tile. What should I do to fix this?

Like I said, make sure you enter a warp and reload the map while testing, and check your block editor again to make sure that you're editing the right block. But idk, the picture of the block editor looked right to me, so that's all I can say at this point unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks. They're at 1F30F0, 1FF2F0, 20F608 and 21F920. This also where all other letters like that are.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Just a quick simple question(As this is the Simple Questions thread): In the Prof. Oak intro of FireRed, how can I change the name suggestions that it gives for you and your rival?

For Example:

Oak: Let's begin with your name.
    What is it?

New Name
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)

This is your rival. Blah blah blah.......
    What is his name?

New Name
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)

How can I change all of the name suggestions thats under the new name option (In this case, the "Insert Name"s)?

Thanks.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Just a quick simple question(As this is the Simple Questions thread): In the Prof. Oak intro of FireRed, how can I change the name suggestions that it gives for you and your rival?

For Example:

Oak: Let's begin with your name.
    What is it?

New Name
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)

This is your rival. Blah blah blah.......
    What is his name?

New Name
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)
    (Insert Name)

How can I change all of the name suggestions thats under the new name option (In this case, the "Insert Name"s)?

Thanks.
    First off I would download a table file for a Hex Editor then I would search for a few of the options that OAK gives you and you should be able to pinpoint the table where all the names are located, from there it's plain sailing. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    I asked this a while ago, but no answer. I'll ask again. Do patches stack? Can I add two patches to FireRed, or do I have to do it all by hand?

RyoWeller

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2021
    hey everyone, im currently having trouble inserting/replacing/colouring tiles, i have watched several tutorials and videos. at the moment the problem im experiencing is advance map saving tilesets as .bvd files. these are un openable for me, does anyone have the same problem or a solution? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks :)

krouzz

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I asked this a while ago, but no answer. I'll ask again. Do patches stack? Can I add two patches to FireRed, or do I have to do it all by hand?

Yes, they do stack. However, you have to be careful when doing that, and I don't think it's a very safe thing to do, even though if both patches are based off Fire Red and the patches both make changes in different areas it should work.

hey everyone, im currently having trouble inserting/replacing/colouring tiles, i have watched several tutorials and videos. at the moment the problem im experiencing is advance map saving tilesets as .bvd files. these are un openable for me, does anyone have the same problem or a solution? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks :)

krouzz

You're saving the block data, not the tileset. In Advance Map's Block Editor, go to Tileset > Save Tileset 1/2. The tileset should be saved in .dib format which you will be able to edit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back