• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    Just to clarify some things:

Coin Case - Cafe in which you talk to man who's lost all money gambling
    Chansey - ONLY in Safari Zone this game... not Unkown Dungeon like RBY
    Wireless Adaptor - does not function with RuSa, but can function with Emerald
    Steps on bike - DO count towards eggs, they should do at least
    Islands 1-3 don't need anything. 4-7 need National Dex (which is 60 Pokemon in PokeDex and defeat of Elite 4), 8-9 require tickets from Wonder Spots.
    60 pokemon in the pokedex?! Ahh, noooo. After I beat the e4, i dont wanna catch soo many people.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Kai? said:
    Should I Just Train My Veanasour or train my Pigeot to level 50 and my Snorlax to level 50 and What level should my pokemon be to defeat the Elite 4?

id say you can beat the elite 4 with all 6 level 50's, just take lots of revives and potions. make sure your pokemon have diverse move sets as to catch all those weaknesses and you should have no probelms

oh and using a legendary in your team never hurt anyone in my opinion

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Well, most of your Pokemon should be above Level 50, since FRLG Elite 4 are hard! Even going into the 60s might not hurt really. Training is the most boring, monotonous, yet most fulfilling part of Pokemon unfortunately. :(

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Well, the first time around, they aren't too difficult. But the second time...they improve by leaps & bounds. It's crazy, I had to use my team from Colosseum to beat them

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2004
    I have a stupid question, so: If I keep Charmander (of any other starter) all the time (It?s soo cute!) can it learn blast burn(odr sth else)???

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    No - it has to be at it's final evolutionary stage before it can learn it's respected move. So - in your case... Charmander must evolve into Charizard before it can learn Blast Burn.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    Is there a limit to how much EV you can have at each level? Meaning do I have to wait to Lv 100 to get 510 EV or can I have 510 EV before level 100?

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Something is wrong with my Mareep. It should be evoling, it even goes to the evolution screen and then it has "?..." and my Mareep stays a Mareep.

Its not holding anything, it's a male with a careful nature(does that have something to do with it?), and I caught it with a Primer(sp?) ball. Whatz wrong? I'm at the point of emailing Nintendo HQ.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Prylace: No there isn't a limit on how many EVs you can have during a certain level.

JoWood: Nature and it's stats should have nothing to do with it. There should be no problem with it evolving at level 15 if you got it without cheating. If you cheated to catch it and you don't have the National Dex yet, it won't evolve.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    JoWood let's try some basic trouble shooting here... are you hitting the B button when it evolves?

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I obtained the Mareep with a code yeah, encounter code. What do you mean a national pokedex? Can I get it with a code (AR Based)? Ahh man, I guess my Duskull can expect this too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Until you get the National Dex, you can't get any Johto Pokemon without cheating. And if you cheat to get it's base form, it won't evolve. Normally, you can get one by defeating the Elite Folur and capturing 60 Pokemon, then talking to Oak.

But with codes...enter in this entire set of codes for it to work. Choose a master code and enter in everything else.

Master Code for POKEMON FIRE USA
    72BC6DFB E9CA5465
    A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Master Code for POKEMON LEAF USA
    72BC6DFB E9CA5465
    56671F3A 6F4F4D6B

DMA Disabler
    8D671FD9 6F6BEFF2
    78DA95DF 44018CB4

National Dex (won't work if DMA and Master isn't entered)
    44922452 A6679872
    A4DE1EF0 A145F2B5
    F9A6F00F 4448804E

DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVEN'T GIVEN THE TEA TO THE SAFFRON GUARDS YET.

Hmm..codes in the Simple Questions...whatever...

Pichachu

Beast of the Sea
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2004
    I've heard that sometimes when you capture a Chansey, she is equipped with a 'Lucky Egg'. What does this do/ what is it's purpose?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    JoWood - if you got your Mareep before you received the National Dex (in which you have to have captured 60 Pokemon and beat the Elite 4 beforehand), then it won't evolve because you need the National Dex. If you have got the National Dex... then you're either pressing B accidentally or something's up with the game. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back