• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Use Mystery Gift at Wonder Spots to change the Pokemon inside the cave. I think this is explained somewhere in the FAQ...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    demonchaos916 said:
    Use Mystery Gift at Wonder Spots to change the Pokemon inside the cave. I think this is explained somewhere in the FAQ...

Ahh, thanxs :cross-eye Around what level does kabuto evolve, and are their any good new pokemon in fr/lg? By good i mean from ruby/saphire or gold/silver.

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    I'm trying to figure out why my Weezing's stats are so low compaired to the max stats possible...

I EV trained my Weezing all in Defence and Special Defence. I EV trained Special Defence by killing Tentacool and cruel until I had 252 effort points from it, then I EV trained Defence by using 10 Iron, then getting 152 EV worth of Defence.

Yet my Weezing's Defence is only 336 (high defence nature) and my Special Defence is only 215. Max Defence with Weezing is supposed to be 372 (high nature) and max Special Defence is supposed to be 239.

My Special Defence makes sense because I could easily have a crappy 6 IV in it, but even if my Defence's IV was 0 it's still too low...

This leads me to wonder if using vitamins to raise EVs doesn't work as well, anyone know what's going on?

Oh yeah, I did check all of my other stats to see if I might have accidentally EV trained them, but they are all within the right boundries for not being EV trained.

I should also mention I EV trained right when it hatched from an egg, I put an exp share on it and then used a higher level to fight Pokemon for EV training.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    IVs do make a fair bit of difference... and that's really it. They're also not really that low even compared to people who have IV trained in certain categories and such... but... yeah. IVs do make a lot of difference, so if you have low ones it does show its toll. :/

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    ok, another thing...on 7 island, in the house near the pokemon center, there is a door behind some boxes, and when you press "a" there, it says "a slight breeze is coming from behind the boxes" or something like that. so, what is the purpose of this door and the boxes? is there a way to get back there, and if so, what is inside?
    EDIT: ok, one other thing that i don't think you answered...is it possible to get pokemon from pokemon collesium to fr/lg, and if so, how? thanx

Last edited:

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    seraphim said:
    ok, another thing...on 7 island, in the house near the pokemon center, there is a door behind some boxes, and when you press "a" there, it says "a slight breeze is coming from behind the boxes" or something like that. so, what is the purpose of this door and the boxes? is there a way to get back there, and if so, what is inside?

That's similar to the house in Mossdeep City, Ru/Sa. Im sure its for scanning E-Reader trainers in.

seraphim said:
    ok, one other thing that i don't think you answered...is it possible to get pokemon from pokemon collesium to fr/lg, and if so, how? thanx

Yes, it is possible. Just connect your game like you would if it was Ru/Sa.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    yeah, could you be more explicit? i tried that. i can get pokemon from fr to colleseum, but not the other way around. tell me exactly how to do it, starting at when you turn on the system...i can't figure it out

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    ok, i can't trade to/from ruby with fr, for some reason, even tho i am entirely sure that i have all of the requirements. nor do i know how to get pokemon from pokemon colleseum to fr/ruby...could you please tell me how to get pokemon from collesium to fr, and explain the entire process from the begining please

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Prylace said:
    I'm trying to figure out why my Weezing's stats are so low compaired to the max stats possible...

I EV trained my Weezing all in Defence and Special Defence. I EV trained Special Defence by killing Tentacool and cruel until I had 252 effort points from it, then I EV trained Defence by using 10 Iron, then getting 152 EV worth of Defence.

Yet my Weezing's Defence is only 336 (high defence nature) and my Special Defence is only 215. Max Defence with Weezing is supposed to be 372 (high nature) and max Special Defence is supposed to be 239.

My Special Defence makes sense because I could easily have a crappy 6 IV in it, but even if my Defence's IV was 0 it's still too low...

This leads me to wonder if using vitamins to raise EVs doesn't work as well, anyone know what's going on?

Oh yeah, I did check all of my other stats to see if I might have accidentally EV trained them, but they are all within the right boundries for not being EV trained.

I should also mention I EV trained right when it hatched from an egg, I put an exp share on it and then used a higher level to fight Pokemon for EV training.
    I remember someone said that using Vitamins don't raise your stats right away. You may have to gain a couple levels or something. And as for the traing through Exp. Share, someone also said you'll get EVs from training like that. But I'm having a hard time believing this since I've been taught that EVs are only gained by the Pokemon that did the actual killing.

Tacoman said:
    Ahh, thanxs Around what level does kabuto evolve, and are their any good new pokemon in fr/lg? By good i mean from ruby/saphire or gold/silver.
    All the Pokemon from RS and GSC are in FRLG. Take your pick...Kabuto evolves at level 40.

seraphim said:
    yeah, could you be more explicit? i tried that. i can get pokemon from fr to colleseum, but not the other way around. tell me exactly how to do it, starting at when you turn on the system...i can't figure it out
    Seraphim, there's something wrong with your cables or your RS cartridge. All you have to do is conenct the cables, turn the games on. and head to the trade centers and trade away. SImple as that. You can't really get more explicit.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    it doesn't work with r/fr, but how do i get pokemon from colleseum to fr? that seems to work, as i've put my pokemon from fr onto colleseum but idk how to get pokemon from colleseum to fr

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    You have given the Ruby, and the Sapphire to Celio?

You can only trade to Ru/Sa/Coloseum once you have done that. If your game won't let you trade, there is not much I can do for you.

Okay, here we go:

1: Save your Fr/Lg game in a PokeCenter.

2: Turn off the power

3: Get to the point in coloseum where you can trade

4: When it asks you to, turn on your game

5: Select the pokemon you want to trade (they will be on the coloseum screen)

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    yes, i have both plates. where is "the part where you can trade"? what point is this, and where do i have to be? a specific town, at the title screen? it works for colleseum, as i got my fr pokemon to battle on it. i just don't know how to get pokemon from colleseum to fr.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    no specific town
    just go upstairs in any pokemon centre
    and go to the cable link up person
    and ask to trade with colosseum

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You can't trade from Colosseum to RSFRLG until you defeat Nascour in Story Mode and let the credits roll.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    see this isnt the colosseum sinple questions
    try in the gamecube games section
    people here will assume you mean the gba games like i did
    i dont have colosseum thats why i stay in here

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You know what..how bout you tell us what do you to set up a trade and we'll rip it apart and laugh at your mistakes? Or laugh at a possibly screwed up cable. It would help some of us with our blood pressure.

Zootster

Awesome Guy Extrordinaire
    Years
    I've got a question. Is ghost an attack or sp. attack type? I've heard both ways.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back