• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

runeknightx

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    aww thats hard o well im still gonna try getting a shiny charmander and wuts better male or female

Years
    You get a signature by going to your user cp..gonig to "edit signature" and click on the little link that says intert image( i thinks its a lil sun and moon..r sumin like that) and insert the link(URL) to your picture.......if im not mistaken this is in the FAQ (tell me if im wrong plz)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Regarding the signature, it probably is...

As for charmander being female or male, it's best to be female, but then again, it really doesn't matter since Ditto's back.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Err... I don't know the cheat code thing. I'll have to ask the others to see if they know x_x; sorry

As for Ditto, you can breed any Pokemon with Ditto as long as they have an egg group (note: legendaries have "no egg group." Some no genders like Metagross has an "no egg" egg group, which is still an egg group.), and the baby will be whatever the non-Ditto parent Pokemon is. It's a neat way to breed duplicates and trading "rare starters" or whatever to little kids to rip them off XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Ditto breeding with _________ = a baby of ___________

(as long as __________ has an egg group).

Yes. That's been done since GSC for a very long time now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2007
    how do you get togepi.. when I go to Island 5 to see the guy I dont get the egg he just says something like "I see.. hmm"

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yes...

You can catch both in Navel Rock. Both are at level 70.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I would assume you could battle, since they are compatible with each other. It would make sense, since there's nothing really stopping them from not working is there? :/

"A Vote for Justice is a Vote for MCD"

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
    Years
    but FR/LG should be compatible with the link cable? However, there is some moves I think only exists in FR/LG, the three new elemental attacks, one water, fire and grass. i think they have 5 pp each and your starting pokemon will learn it from a guy depending who you choose, ie charmander will learn the fire attack. but maybe these attacks are already programemd into r/s. I have not gotten so far in FR/LG so i do not know so much.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Tesla7zap said:
    but FR/LG should be compatible with the link cable? However, there is some moves I think only exists in FR/LG, the three new elemental attacks, one water, fire and grass. i think they have 5 pp each and your starting pokemon will learn it from a guy depending who you choose, ie charmander will learn the fire attack. but maybe these attacks are already programemd into r/s. I have not gotten so far in FR/LG so i do not know so much.
    1) There is four; water (Hydrocannon), fire (Blast Burn), grass (Frenzy Plant), and electric (Volt Tackle).
    2) They were programmed in Ru/Sa but unobtainable (excluding cheating/hacking) just like Kinesis in R/B (obtained in Yellow though).
    3) Volt Tackle is still unobtainable...
    4) Blastburn, Hydrocannon, and Frenzy Plant are just like Hyper Beam, but they are elemental, Volt Tacle is like Double Edge.

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
    Years
    Volt tackle is still unobtainable? if it is, why did they put it in the games if it's unobtainable?

And since you can trade between FR/LG you should be able to battle between them

EDIT: WOW, I got the 700th post on the R/S simple question thread and the 100th post on this thread. and soon i reach my 100th post....im teh best :D

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    They put it in there for possibility of Nintendo promotions or future games. Volt Tackle is one of the things supporting the idea of a remade Yellow (which is unlikely). Volt Tackle will most likely be available in Emerald, another future game, or through some promotional event.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back