• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    There are Shining cards in two sets, Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny.

The Neo Revelation cards, which were just Shining Magikarp and Gyarados, look just like any other holo card, and have one star.

The Neo Destiny cards are the ones with three stars.

I don't think anyone knows why it was changed. *Shrug*

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2008
    I bought an EX-delta species booster packs n got a shining groundon :D
    it's not written shining but with a star besides the name.But pokecorner.com called'em shining poke'mon.
    there's also shinies in ex-deoxys,emerald,unseen forces n delta species.judging by their attacks,i think they can really help when there's more prize cards left n the opponent,which means i'm losing :(

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Technically they're not "Shining" Pokemon, as the word Shining is not in their name. They are Pokemon * (read "star").

Some people prefer to call them Shining, but that's not really what they are.

Demon X

Unknow 2 u, death is my rage
    Years
    What would be the advantage with a wtr,grnd, & eletric deck??? basicaly Weakness against weakness.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I dunno, it might be able to swap to get there weakness. So if, say a diglet had a water weakness, but your dunsparce had a ground weakness, you could swap to Staryu and thrash Diglett!

Is having a 20/20/20 deck a good idea? (20 Pokemon, 20 Trainers and 20 energy)

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I'm not sure about Rayquaza star, but I have a question of my own. I remember reading a small blurb about a deck using no energy. What is it called, and how could it possibly work? I only know of one card that can deal damage (not special conditions) and that is an old Elekid.

Typhlosion ex fans

Member pro
    Years
    jakestlm said:
    I'm not sure about Rayquaza star, but I have a question of my own. I remember reading a small blurb about a deck using no energy. What is it called, and how could it possibly work? I only know of one card that can deal damage (not special conditions) and that is an old Elekid.

What??? No energy? How could a deck work without energy?

jakestlm

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I was asking that. Maybe it has bunches of poke-powers and poke-bodies, with a mix of healing trainers and ones that harm your opponent in order to get them to draw all their cards.

jakestlm

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    Rayquaza is a third generation pokemon. Shining pokemon were only available from the Neo sets, second generation. Therefore, your card must be Rayquaza star, or fake.

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    Yes, exactly like jakestlm is saying. If the card is a real one, than the name is Rayquaza * (star). If not... It's probably (99,999999%) fake!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    What??? No energy? How could a deck work without energy?

I've seen one deck work without a single energy card (using NG Elekid, Dark Gloom and Digger). It is possible. Or alternatively using Holons Magnemite/Voltorb/Castform/Electrode/Magneton as energy cards.

Not rayquaza star but shinnind rayquaza! They are totaly different.
    Shinning pokemon is much more rare than star.

There is no such card called "Shining Rayquaza" but there is Rayquaza* from the Deoxys set. You may have them mixed up.
    It is a common mistake that people call Pokemon* "Shining Pokemon" as the style of artwork and * RUle is very similar to the Shining rule.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    Yeah, just use the Holon's Pokémon.

This is what I use for all my decks:

19 Pokémon
    25 Trainers
    16 Energy

Though I might sometimes have Holon's Pokémon.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Back in Ye Olde Times, there was a deck called No Energy Stall. Simply by dropping all the energy, you could have more space for high HP pokémon and potions, scoop up, pokémon center, all healing cards. But generally, it was a poor deck, outclassed by WildfireStall, Ultimate Mewtwo stall, and even just normal Chansey based stall builds.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Back in Ye Olde Times, there was a deck called No Energy Stall. Simply by dropping all the energy, you could have more space for high HP pokémon and potions, scoop up, pokémon center, all healing cards. But generally, it was a poor deck, outclassed by WildfireStall, Ultimate Mewtwo stall, and even just normal Chansey based stall builds.

Almost all decks have less than 18 energy cards. Unlimited rarely have any more than 15.

This way more trainers can be used. Such as more drawing cards not only to get energy, but to get other vital cards. It is a much better balance to have fewer energy for more draw trainers.

Lol. Mewtwo Mulligan or Chansey stall are hardly archetypes from Base -Fossil. Super Energy Removal/ Status effects/ Energy removal/Cleffa/Baby Pokemon/Any shuffle card obliterates Mewtwo stall decks. And Chansey Stall is weak to GoWs, Haymaker, SER etcetc. Haymaker/ Aerodactyl and raindance are the only viable decks imo

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Obviously you don't play classic much. I agree with you totally that any form of stall is not really competitive, especially in Unlimited.

Aeromaker is weaker if you use real fossils, 10 hp ones, though makers of any kind are obviously a strong force. Other strong decks involve Wigglytuff (usually a maker variant), Mime decks (anti-makers) with kadabra, speed bug decks with scyther, pinsir and ditto, aggressive fire decks with charmeleon and fossil mag (weaker in the meta because of raindance), anti-dance decks with electabuzz and jolteon (not that poweful really)... the list of semi-competitive decks goes on. But in a 4 deck league, once you have your Maker and your Dance deck, what else do you put in?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back