• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aww, we're not Nazis! Anyway, merged with in-game help/translations, since it covers any questions about the game.

Dani Dandelion

Perma-Skitty user
    Years
    This is the bridge with a bunch of house on it. Has anyone else noticed if you talk to the guy with the flute, and the guy with the guitar, and then the guy next to the trash can, the music changes to something else. The music is traditional Japanese it sounds. What is this about?

Also can anyone tell me why all of the houses are empty in Kagome Town?
    Village Bridge is one of the towns where you can add to the BGM by talking to certain people. You can also do this in Karakusa Town.

Talk to the people outside the houses to find out what the deal is in Kagome Town. :D Or, if you can't read Japanese, just wait until night. Then you'll see.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with in-game help/translations. Ask here next time~

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Urm, you know theres that really big pokeball in the middle of the map or somthing, how do you get to those areas?

You have to press the Wireless button on your C-Gear then it'll give you a Green and Orange button press the Green one.

Although the High link is useless unless you don't use the Dream world.

(High link is where your taken to.)

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Can some one explain to me about Pokeshifter, all I know it is something like PokePark, and does it appear the same way when you get national dex?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Full translations? Added to the first post, since all we have is a walkthrough (and even still, I haven't read it, so I doubt it has just the translations). Handy!

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    It's not a full translation per se, it's just translating the story-related stuff (e.g cheren + bell, team plasma, gyms etc) - if you want to talk to random old ladies outside in the streets, you'll have to wait for a better translation :x

Also, it uses some pretty "old" names when it comes to naming the new pokemon, such as tsutaaja being known as snideleaf, pokabu as pyroink etc, but other than that I think that it's a really accurate translation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...ooh, sounds good enough, though and it will be quite helpful for users, just hopefully they don't get confused about the names.

/goes to add warning that the names won't make sense

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Can some one explain to me about Pokeshifter, all I know it is something like PokePark, and does it appear the same way when you get national dex?

The Pokéshifter is similar to Pal Park, where you can connect to the other games for the Pokémon there after you've obtained the National Dex. You cannot do anything with the Pokéshifter until you've received the National Dex. It's a simple process, you grab 2 DS's and link with DPPt or HGSS. When you connect to one of those games, there will be a DS Download application which shall link with the game you've chosen to connect with. The only fault about transferring Pokémon to B/W is the Pokémon cannot be holding any items or know HM moves.

Then there's the game! Pal Park was where you could go out into the fields and run into the grass, water or wherever that Pokémon should be located, but this time on there is a simple minigame. You will see several bushes and with the six Pokémon you chose, you use a bow that shoots out Pokéballs in which you use to try to catch them (this minigame does have a time limit). The top screen of your DS is where you will see the grass and the six Pokémon you are trying to capture, and the bottom touch screen is where you shoot the Pokéballs towards them with the bow; you've definitely got to have good aiming. ;)

That's basically all there is to it with the Pokéshifter. You are enabled to transfer Pokémon over any time during that day without a limit, which Pal Park lacked. Hope you understand the feature and if you have any other questions about it, I'll be happy to help you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How does the White Forest work exactly? I swear I was just there and all it was was a big lot with trees, a house, a PC, and two people. Not much of a forest! :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    How does the White Forest work exactly? I swear I was just there and all it was was a big lot with trees, a house, a PC, and two people. Not much of a forest! :(

You can catch Pokemon from other regions. Each time you go into the Highlink the Pokemon/Layout/Items change. Sometimes random patches of water will appear.

The Pokéshifter is similar to Pal Park, where you can connect to the other games for the Pokémon there after you've obtained the National Dex. You cannot do anything with the Pokéshifter until you've received the National Dex. It's a simple process, you grab 2 DS's and link with DPPt or HGSS. When you connect to one of those games, there will be a DS Download application which shall link with the game you've chosen to connect with. The only fault about transferring Pokémon to B/W is the Pokémon cannot be holding any items or know HM moves.

Then there's the game! Pal Park was where you could go out into the fields and run into the grass, water or wherever that Pokémon should be located, but this time on there is a simple minigame. You will see several bushes and with the six Pokémon you chose, you use a bow that shoots out Pokéballs in which you use to try to catch them (this minigame does have a time limit). The top screen of your DS is where you will see the grass and the six Pokémon you are trying to capture, and the bottom touch screen is where you shoot the Pokéballs towards them with the bow; you've definitely got to have good aiming. ;)

That's basically all there is to it with the Pokéshifter. You are enabled to transfer Pokémon over any time during that day without a limit, which Pal Park lacked. Hope you understand the feature and if you have any other questions about it, I'll be happy to help you.

Gonna add to this. The games have to be the same region. So Japanese Black has to go with Japanese Heartgold/Soulsilver ect.

No one knows if this is the same cause with the (U) or (E) games though.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

It appears that if the season is set to "winter", the forest is behaving like a real forest, it's resting or w/e you would call it. Set the season to anything but that, and it should work out.

ソラ

Years

Why thank you very much ^^.
    How can you get National Dex if I can ask?

ソラ

Years
    THANK YOOOU :3.
    and also how do you get EXP share hahha. Im new since I recently got the game.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Can't remember where I got them, so I'll just quote smogon's thread, they've usually been right on this stuff anyway.

Exp Share [Given to you by an old man in Hiun City (Top of one of the buildings, you'll know which one since the old man that gives it to you goes up in the elevator beforehand). Another one can be found at Sekka City,talk to the Gentleman inside a Pokemon fan club and he will give you an Exp share if he thinks you've raised your Pokemon well enough]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back