• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with in-game help/translations. Ask here next time~

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm not sure if this is the right place, but would anyone mind helping me evolve (by trade) my gantoru? My FC is 2837 6983 9518

EDIT: @Train rides by - Go into your bag and go into key items. It SHOULD be there

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    oh, thanks ^_^ I Did go looking around in the trade section, and all I found were shops, so I must've missed that one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Can Rotom only change forms via Dream World? Cause I just found out about the in-game trade for Rotom and ffff ;; I don't know if I wanna bother if I have to use DW.

The Red Chain

Can Rotom only change forms via Dream World? Cause I just found out about the in-game trade for Rotom and ffff ;; I don't know if I wanna bother if I have to use DW.
    I'm unsure myself how to explain it, but I did find this video a while back that will be more useful to you than my fail attempt at explaining it. :3
    In the description, the person put the order of each form in the option menu that comes up.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Thanks, that's great news to me! :)

Now I wanna know where the Soothe Bell is in this game. I need one for my Sad Cabbage. :3 Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Thanks, that's great news to me! :)

Now I wanna know where the Soothe Bell is in this game. I need one for my Sad Cabbage. :3 Thanks in advance!

I actually found this one by accident; In Raimon City, in one of the houses, a woman will give you it if you pokemon likes you

The Red Chain

The Soothe Bell is found in Raimon City.
    An older woman in the building northwest of the Pokémon Center gives it to you. You have to show her a Pokémon with high happiness though. XD;

Years
    Can someone translate this for me? I got it in-game after an experiment with Action Replay codes, but my camera is never steady, so I ripped it from a rom for it's clarity.
    "An error has occurred.
    Please turn off the power."

Doesn't say anything more than that.

Years
    does anyone know how ev training works in genV? I must have defeated at least 20 basslao, which give 2 speed evs each, but my pkmn gained 0 speed points when it got to another level

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    does anyone know how ev training works in genV? I must have defeated at least 20 basslao, which give 2 speed evs each, but my pkmn gained 0 speed points when it got to another level
    EV training works as the same in 4th gen, with one exception.
    EVs are converted to stats as soon as you obtain it (via drugs), or after each battle in 5th gen.

So you can fidget around with EVs even when your Pokemon is max leveled, provided you have the EV-decreasing berries.

Years
    EV training works as the same in 4th gen, with one exception.
    EVs are converted to stats as soon as you obtain it (via drugs), or after each battle in 5th gen.

So you can fidget around with EVs even when your Pokemon is max leveled, provided you have the EV-decreasing berries.
    thanks for the info (:
    so basically any stats I get from ev training is added automatically after each battle. Does that mean when a pkmn levels up, the increase in stats are only from leveling up and not from evs? is that why I didn't see my speed stat increase?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    thanks for the info (:
    so basically any stats I get from ev training is added automatically after each battle. Does that mean when a pkmn levels up, the increase in stats are only from leveling up and not from evs? is that why I didn't see my speed stat increase?
    It could be that, or it maybe because you slowly accumulating EVs and leveling up along on the way. If you, for example, accumilate 252 speed EVs before leveling, you will see a number increase.

Also since EVs "scale" with level, it won't show much effect when your level is low.
    Like how a LV.50 Metagross will have 155 HP (0 EV) and 187 HP (252 EV), while a LV.100 Metagross will have 301 HP (0 EV) and 364 HP (252 EV.)

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Hey guys, just one quick question (I'm guessing it goes here, certainly didn't seem like it warranted its own thread): could anyone inform me about the shaking grass mechanic? I've beaten the first gym and kind of want to level grind a bit on Tabunne. Is there any specific trigger that makes it happen, or is it just random? How long of a wait is it for one to show up, or does it vary?

Any and all info is mucho appreciated, thanks.

The Red Chain

Hey guys, just one quick question (I'm guessing it goes here, certainly didn't seem like it warranted its own thread): could anyone inform me about the shaking grass mechanic? I've beaten the first gym and kind of want to level grind a bit on Tabunne. Is there any specific trigger that makes it happen, or is it just random? How long of a wait is it for one to show up, or does it vary?

Any and all info is mucho appreciated, thanks.
    Tabunne's shaking grass is -normally- triggered randomly.
    What you can do though, as this is what I always do to train, is find a good sized patch of grass, and run back and forth next to it. Do not run into any wild Pokemon, and do not run anywhere else but in front of that grass patch.
    Within just a few moments, a shaking patch should come up. Sometimes the shaking patch is far away though.
    So, you can either risk getting caught by a different wild Pokemon and run towards it, or you can buy Repels.
    I mostly risk it, but it can be annoying sometimes, so Repels can be nice. XD

It only takes maybe 2 minutes to make a shaking patch reappear after running into a wild Pokemon, so it's not really a big deal.
    After running into a shaking patch Pokemon, in this case Tabunne, it only takes a few seconds of running back and forth for another patch to show up.
    With this strategy, you can make shaking patches come up over and over, as long as you're careful. :3
    Hope this helps ya~

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Tabunne's shaking grass is -normally- triggered randomly.
    What you can do though, as this is what I always do to train, is find a good sized patch of grass, and run back and forth next to it. Do not run into any wild Pokemon, and do not run anywhere else but in front of that grass patch.
    Within just a few moments, a shaking patch should come up. Sometimes the shaking patch is far away though.
    So, you can either risk getting caught by a different wild Pokemon and run towards it, or you can buy Repels.
    I mostly risk it, but it can be annoying sometimes, so Repels can be nice. XD

It only takes maybe 2 minutes to make a shaking patch reappear after running into a wild Pokemon, so it's not really a big deal.
    After running into a shaking patch Pokemon, in this case Tabunne, it only takes a few seconds of running back and forth for another patch to show up.
    With this strategy, you can make shaking patches come up over and over, as long as you're careful. :3
    Hope this helps ya~
    Actually, yeah, that was really helpful, thanks! My grinding for Aloe went a lot quicker thanks to you, so you've got my gratitude.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hmmm, could someone help me find out if this is just me? I can enter the Union room just fine and the little green light on the DS flashes like it normally would during wi-fi, but the little connection bars at the top are empty. Is this because no one else is there, or something is up with my game? (My wi-fi works otherwise)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmmm, could someone help me find out if this is just me? I can enter the Union room just fine and the little green light on the DS flashes like it normally would during wi-fi, but the little connection bars at the top are empty. Is this because no one else is there, or something is up with my game? (My wi-fi works otherwise)

Union Room is for local wireless. Therefore, if no one is using the Union Room nearby, you will always get no signal. It needs other players to have any signal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back