• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I checked Serebii for the U-Turn TM location, and it says something about delivering three goods to Wingull on Route 13. :( What's all that mean? lol

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Its just a one way thing through Pokeshifter. It has the same concepts as Pal Park were you can send them too the new game, but that cannot be returned. And the point of the Crown Beasts are too unlock the Zoroark in-game event. You can only trade them over after you obtain the National Dex if I remember correctly.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Um, what items is she asking for?

Edit: Okay, I got a letter from someone, but it's not in my inventory...I could swear I've gotten letters before, and the sprite matches the one on Serebii for the Wingull delivery task or whatever. :( So yeah, I'm confused. When I talk to the girl, I see the number 1, so maybe I've given her the other two and she needs 1 more?

Last edited:

MothMask

Blastoise forever
    Years
    Is this possible/allowed?

I was googling trade between SoulSilver and White, to see where the trade area is, and discovered that you need the national Pokedex to trade between generations 5 and 1-4 (which should've been obvious, now that I think about it), which I can't get until after beating the elite four. This was a bit disappointing, since I had caught a "B" Unown specifically to transfer to White, once I got it, and I really didn't want to send it in after I got so far ahead, when I wouldn't be able to use it in the Gym battles and against N and such. So, I got an idea. If you trade a Pokemon to someone who already has the National Dex, and they trade it to you in B/W, will it cause a glitch? Or will it not work at all? And is this breaking some rule I don't know about? The Unown is only level five, so it wouldn't be like trading a high-level in just to beat the game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Merged your question into this Help thread sticky; which you should use for any future questions you want to have answered. :)

Years
    Haha. XD Yes, capital D.

Oh? Wow, I wonder how long it took Virtual Headache to get there....

Virtual Headache! How long did it take you to get to Black City? More than five weeks?
    Most likely not. I got my game on the 1st of October. Judging by a post I made on another site, I already beat the league the first time on the 20th. So I probably got to Black City a few days later.
    Maybe it's not the time you play but the time since the game has been out? But that's probably a stupid idea. Though I'm annoyed that there are some people who got to see Black City/White Forest without using High Link but not me :/
    I was googling trade between SoulSilver and White, to see where the trade area is, and discovered that you need the national Pokedex to trade between generations 5 and 1-4 (which should've been obvious, now that I think about it), which I can't get until after beating the elite four. This was a bit disappointing, since I had caught a "B" Unown specifically to transfer to White, once I got it, and I really didn't want to send it in after I got so far ahead, when I wouldn't be able to use it in the Gym battles and against N and such. So, I got an idea. If you trade a Pokemon to someone who already has the National Dex, and they trade it to you in B/W, will it cause a glitch? Or will it not work at all? And is this breaking some rule I don't know about? The Unown is only level five, so it wouldn't be like trading a high-level in just to beat the game.
    I'm pretty sure getting non Isshu Pokémon before receiving the National dex is fine. However, that's not the problem.
    The transfer of other generation Pokémon to Black and White is not an actual trade. It's like already said a transfer and it requires two DS systems. You can read how it works here: https://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml
    So you'd need to meet up with someone who has the national dex in real life and let them transfer your Pokémon to their game and then trade.
    Or you just try to find someone on Wifi.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Well, thanks for replying Virtual Headache.

This is crazy to me, haha. There doesn't seem to be a straightforward answer. If anybody else can help us figure this out, that'd be awesome.

Maybe it depends on how much you play? Hours-wise. How many hours did you think it took you to get there?

Years
    Well, thanks for replying Virtual Headache.

This is crazy to me, haha. There doesn't seem to be a straightforward answer. If anybody else can help us figure this out, that'd be awesome.

Maybe it depends on how much you play? Hours-wise. How many hours did you think it took you to get there?
    You will never be able to get a straightforward answer to that. It would vary a lot among different people. If you're rushing through the game you might reach there earlier than the others who might be training a lot or exploring every nook and cranny of the entire region.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    This question involves B&W trading

So, what will happen if we were to trade a gen V pkmn over to HG, SS, PT, Diamond or Pearl?
    I heard it's possible for them to trade though :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    No no, you can transfer Pokemon from DPPT/HGSS to BW, not the other way around. You cannot send anything from BW to any generation IV (or below for that matter) games.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    This question involves B&W trading

So, what will happen if we were to trade a gen V pkmn over to HG, SS, PT, Diamond or Pearl?
    I heard it's possible for them to trade though :/

You can't trade between Black and White and past games.

You can transfer to Black and White from past games (similar to Pal Park) but not vice versa.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Edit: Okay, I got a letter from someone, but it's not in my inventory...I could swear I've gotten letters before, and the sprite matches the one on Serebii for the Wingull delivery task or whatever. :( So yeah, I'm confused. When I talk to the girl, I see the number 1, so maybe I've given her the other two and she needs 1 more?

There are 3 NPCs scattered throughout Route 13, and each one gives you a letter. Once you give all 3 letters to the girl with the Wingull, the Wingull flies away and drops the U-turn TM.

The letters are given to you:

1) From the old man north-east of Fisherman Morihide
    2) On the cliff south of Artist Motofumi
    3) From the Parasol Lady south of Parasol Lady Hitoha

I think you have to give all 3 at the same time, but I'm not sure. It's possible you're missing either the last two, or the first one.

Hope I helped!

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Hiya~~

I have no idea what to do next....

I defeated Geechisu and N, I've revisited the Elite 4 and Champion+ defeated them for more than 10 times, I've beaten Cynthia in Sazanami town/bay, I've been to the harvest shrine, Giant hole, Kagome town and village bridge, tracked down all 6 sages and defeated the game freak person and also caught the following legendaries- the grass/fight type pokemon, the steel/fight type pokemon, Zekrom, Kyurem and Ulgamoth........... meh~ What shall I do~~? :3

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Hiya~~

I have no idea what to do next....

I defeated Geechisu and N, I've revisited the Elite 4 and Champion+ defeated them for more than 10 times, I've beaten Cynthia in Sazanami town/bay, I've been to the harvest shrine, Giant hole, Kagome town and village bridge, tracked down all 6 sages and defeated the game freak person and also caught the following legendaries- the grass/fight type pokemon, the steel/fight type pokemon, Zekrom, Kyurem and Ulgamoth........... meh~ What shall I do~~? :3

I should make a competive battling team and battle some people in the Random Match.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    You know how in HG/SS you get a trainer card star when one of your Pokemon finds five shiny leaves and Ethan/Lyra makes them into a crown for that Pokemon? Well, will the Pokemon still have them if it's transferred to B/W?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    There are 3 NPCs scattered throughout Route 13, and each one gives you a letter. Once you give all 3 letters to the girl with the Wingull, the Wingull flies away and drops the U-turn TM.

The letters are given to you:

1) From the old man north-east of Fisherman Morihide
    2) On the cliff south of Artist Motofumi
    3) From the Parasol Lady south of Parasol Lady Hitoha

I think you have to give all 3 at the same time, but I'm not sure. It's possible you're missing either the last two, or the first one.

Hope I helped!

I have talked to every NPC on route 13, and I still haven't found the last guy with the letter. :/ The two I got the letters from earlier both looked the same, so I assume this last guy looks the same. -looks around more- D:

Fushigidane-Chan

Years

I have talked to every NPC on route 13, and I still haven't found the last guy with the letter. :/ The two I got the letters from earlier both looked the same, so I assume this last guy looks the same. -looks around more- D:

They shouldn't have looked the same... You find one south from a painter, and then you get one from an old man himself and one from a parasol lady herself.

What Marriland's walkthrough states:

Worry about that in just a minute or so: for now, head further south and fight the Painter with his Camerupt L65. Just south of him is a Razor Claw — an item that boosts the user's critical hit rate, but also evolves Sneasel into Weavile if it levels up at night while it's holding the Razor Claw — and also Delivery Goods 2, which you'll want to deliver to the girl with the Wingull.

Take that back to the girl, talk to her, and she'll give it to her Wingull. That leaves you left finding two more packages. Go back down the steps and talk to the old man from earlier that I told you to remember. He'll give you Delivery Goods 1. Before you head back to the Wingull, head further south and pick up the Delivery Goods 3 from the Parasol Lady that didn't battle you earlier on.

Years
    It just shows up as Sinnoh/Johto from what I've seen (I don't know about the Gen 3 Pokémon though). I'd like to know if you can still guarantee passing on IVs using the Power Items like in HG/SS. I'd imagine you can but I want to make sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back