• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    You pretty much need to not be playing a pirated version of the game.

dude come on, seriously.
    Like everyone is going to pay 30 extra dollars to play a game in a language they probably don't know on the second lowest quality Ds. I don't condone the use of roms, but its not like everyone has the game, and the rom is one of the best options right now. Okay.

@legendarian mistress you need to find a patch somewhere on the internet to fix it.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
  • dude come on, seriously.
    Like everyone is going to pay 30 extra dollars to play a game in a language they probably don't know on the second lowest quality Ds. I don't condone the use of roms, but its not like everyone has the game, and the rom is one of the best options right now. Okay.

I actually wasn't trying to sound condescending; I thought the discussion of ROM-related things wasn't allowed, and so gave the answer that didn't have anything to do with them.

JP said:
    Woah, sounds like maybe it's glitching? Have you figured it out since then?

No, I had to turn it off. Thankfully I had saved, but I never actually figured a way out of it.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • So I have finally gotten around to doing something like this, and it is only the beginning of things to come.

ItemDex (Ichiro's Version):

PokeMart:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So I have finally gotten around to doing something like this, and it is only the beginning of things to come.

ItemDex (Ichiro's Version):

PokeMart:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [/FONT]
    Very awesome. I've been meaning to find out what the TM's were at the marts. Thanks. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    "Your favorite is MONMEN, right?" Yes/No

"Do you know how to trade pokemon with lots of people?" Yes/No

"Thanks for the battle!
    It was so exciting!
    Let's battle again!
    BYE BYE
    Trainer Bell"

Thanks alot! ^_^ For the one asking me if I like Monmen, does it have any consequences?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I actually wasn't trying to sound condescending; I thought the discussion of ROM-related things wasn't allowed, and so gave the answer that didn't have anything to do with them.

Exactly. People shouldn't be asking here, and they should click the link in the first post. If it happens again we'll probably just delete future posts on it to avoid ROM discussion.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I have updated PokeMart itemDex, everything up to the Pokemon League, including the shopping mall, is now up.
    Also everything I translate will be posted in my post on the first page (Post 5) as well as a new post.
    @JP: no problem.

Last edited:

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • Does anyone know where to train for the 8th gym? All my Pokemon are currently level 40/41. I have the ice cream so I don't think the 8th gym'll be that hard :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Does anyone know where to train for the 8th gym? All my Pokemon are currently level 40/41. I have the ice cream so I don't think the 8th gym'll be that hard :P

I would just train your main Pokemon to Lv43 and the others to Lv42

Now where to train?

Hmm...? >.<

Try near by Wild Pokemon or look around for the Vs. Seeker.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Okay, so I beat the Elite Four, N, and that old dude, and the game finished (credits..). Is there something else I can/should do, besides completing the PokéDex?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Okay, so I beat the Elite Four, N, and that old dude, and the game finished (credits..). Is there something else I can/should do, besides completing the PokéDex?
    go through the rest of Isshu, capture all the legendaries, find the 6 sages.

I would like to know where the best place to train is right after you beat E4 the first time.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    How rare are Marakacchi and Shinporah? I search for ages but i didn't find them. =<

Well, they both reside in the desert, though I'd guess they are quite rare because I grind in the desert and I've only seen the cactus once.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 1. I just beat the second gym and thrashed some Plasma grunts in the forest. Some guy is blocking me from heading further and I talked to the gym leader at the edge of the city, but I can't read it obviously, so idk what to do next.

2. Why does Tabunne get its own music? Seems like the music for when you find it is slightly different.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Trading over D/P/Pt/HG/SS Pokemon to BW?

Is it possible to do this before recieving the National Pokedex in B/W?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Is it possible to do this before recieving the National Pokedex in B/W?
    No, you won't be able to receive pokémon from past generations until after you obtain the National Pokédex. With the PokéShifter, you can connect to DPPt and HGSS to transfer over pokémon from those games into Black and White.

If you want to read more about the PokéShifter, you can do so here.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No, you won't be able to receive pokémon from past generations until after you obtain the National Pokédex. With the PokéShifter, you can connect to DPPt and HGSS to transfer over pokémon from those games into Black and White.

If you want to read more about the PokéShifter, you can do so here.

That link didn't say anything about being able to trade between Gen IV games pre or post National Dex.

Also, there's no way to transfer Pokemon from a Generation III game?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    1. I just beat the second gym and thrashed some Plasma grunts in the forest. Some guy is blocking me from heading further and I talked to the gym leader at the edge of the city, but I can't read it obviously, so idk what to do next.
    You have to fully explore the forest, defeat all the Plasma grunts, and get the Fossil Head back from Plasma before you're allowed to move on. Marriland's guide is the one I've been following.

2. Why does Tabunne get its own music? Seems like the music for when you find it is slightly different.
    Tabunne is a rare special Pokemon found pretty much only in shaking grass tiles. Because of its rareness, it gets special music.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That link didn't say anything about being able to trade between Gen IV games pre or post National Dex.

Also, there's no way to transfer Pokemon from a Generation III game?

Like the games in Generation IV, Pokémon Black & White have a feature which allows you to transfer Pokémon over from games of the previous generation. This is done in Black & White through the PokéShifter feature. Located within Route 15, there is a building similar to Pal Park of Sinnoh & Kanto where you can connect to past games for the Pokémon after you have obtained the National Pokédex.
    The above is from Serebii provided in the link I gave you. ;)

When it comes to trading your pokémon from HGSS or DPPt to Black and White, the PokéShifter is what you would use to do so. Since you can't trade due to reasons being that HGSS and DPPt are Generation IV, while Black and White is Generation V the PokéShifter is there so you can transfer your pokémon after you receive the National Pokédex.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back