• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    Could somebody please translate this to me? This happens when I try to play a random Wi-Fi match.

Yes, I am playing on an acekard just because I only want to buy one version.

Simple Questions

Simple Questions

Simple Questions

Simple Questions

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    I think you have to have 1 or 0 Wonder Cards, otherwise if you 2 it won't work. Also you need a Global Link account.
    Even after reading this, I'm not really sure how to get a Wonder Card or if I already have one in my White game. I don't think I have any, though...

I have a Global Link account. Can you please tell me what the next step is?

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    In the first screenshot, you're bring asked to pick the mode of battle - Free, or Ranked.
    Next, you're "entering Random Match Free Mode".
    Literally, "Receiving data...... Please wait a moment."
    Finally, there's a problem with your Pokémon, so you're unable to enter.
    Thanks!
    That's weird, none of them are altered in any way. Oh well, single player only with the rom I suppose, although I was able to obtain Zoroark off the mystery gift.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Ok, I figured it out myself. I'll post for the benefit of others, though. If you have an account, log in to the Global Link site. On the lower right of the page there should be a rectangular orange button. Choose that. Then choose the skin you want from the list. If you can't read Japanese, select them one by one until you find the one with the picture of what you want (I think they all have pictures). Click the button to confirm you want it. I think then you're taken to a C-Gear-themed page and it gives instructions for what to do after you confirm you want that download. Turn on your Black or White game, and go to the Wi-Fi on your C-Gear. Choose the Game Sync option (the big option on the screen). Connect and pick a Pokemon to put to sleep temporarily. After this, the game will close the Game Synce connection. Now, on the Global Link site, on the main menu with the circle of rotating click-able options, choose the red one to customize. You'll see your list of options by picture on a scale. Choose the one for each section you want to use. Confirm the changes by clicking below. Then go to your Game Sync on your game again and wake up your Pokemon. It will tell you your changes have been applied, and it will disconnect from the Game Sync and take you back to your game, and presto, the changes are applied. :)

I do have one question right now: when I choose a skin for my C-Gear or Pokedex, can I keep it forever? What if, say a new one was released and I wanted to switch to that for a while, and the one I was currently using was no longer being distributed. Would I still be able to go back to it later since I had it before, or would deselecting it temporarily mean I could never go back to it since it was no longer under its distribution period?

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    When distribution for the skins or what have you on the Global Link end, it seems they won't be removed from the Global Link. They almost certainly won't be removed from your game if you never change them. Once you've accepted the promotion, you keep them for as long as the PGL is around, I guess. (Anyone who missed out on the promo will never be able to download nor use the skin.)

Any of the skins or other downloadable content you've collected will be available in the "Customize" section of the PGL.
    So because I downloaded, it will remain permanently available for me personally?

Also, it occurs to me, for one skin (one for the C-Gear) I chose it from the list and went through the download process, but when I went to the last step to equip it, I saw one I wanted on another list for the Pokemon Zukan (Pokedex), and also equipped that. Both are there in my game right now, but do I need to do the specific download stuff for the Pokemon Zukan one too for it to remain permanent, or will it stay available to me always since I equipped it at all?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Which online American store will ship Pokemon Black and a Black DSi to the UK? Non of the ones I went to want to ship and I think it's probably because of region lock (curse you!) but I need both to be American. Thanks.

hikaru1234

Four Hitmonchan. Four of them.
    Years
    Preorder bonuses

Hi guys. I am from Australia and I pre-ordered Pokemon White. I was just wondering what the extras are for you guys who don't live on a big freaking island are.

I am too much of a noob to be allowed to post links yet, but basically, we get a DS case, 3 starter Pokemon styluses, a Pokemon microfibre cloth and two epic game cases.

Thanks for your help.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Several transfer machine questions here:

-How many Pokémon are you allowed to transfer via the Transfer Machine (i.e. Would I be able to transfer all three of the Dogs as well as Celebi?)

-How early in the game can you access it? (timewise, since I'm trying to avoid spoilers :P )

-Lastly, what's the likelihood of Nintendo ever releasing the Lock Capsule to HGSS (thereby allowing us to get Bark Out in BW).

Last edited:
    Years
    -How many Pokémon are you allowed to transfer via the Transfer Machine (i.e. Would I be able to transfer all three of the Dogs as well as Celebi?

Yes you can, there's no limit at all. You just can't transfer HM or have items attached.

-How early in the game can you access it? (timewise, since I'm trying to avoid spoilers )

After you beat the game.

-Lastly, what's the likelihood of Nintendo ever releasing the Lock Capsule to HGSS (thereby allowing us to get Bark Out in BW).

Not sure about this one...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Several transfer machine questions here:

-How many Pokémon are you allowed to transfer via the Transfer Machine (i.e. Would I be able to transfer all three of the Dogs as well as Celebi?

-How early in the game can you access it? (timewise, since I'm trying to avoid spoilers :P )

- I don't really know, as I haven't tried myself, but since the transfer machine was made specifically for these 4 Pokemon, I imagine it would be just 4 D:

- Well it's kinda hard depending on how fast you play... I'll just spoiler it so you can choose whether or not to look.
    Spoiler:

- Well no one really knows about this, considering how un-predicitable Nintendo are =3= But I would say not long after the English release of BW.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I heard off a guy Serebii that if you send over a Pokémon in the dream world it will no longer be shiny.... is this true?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I've taken a 5 year break from Pokemon and I want to start playing it again. I pre-ordered Pokemon white and I have one question. Is eevee available in Pokemon white? I really want a jolteon or umbreon, will this be possible? I don't have any other Pokemon games.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    No. Every last pokemon in pokemon White is Brand new. Although if you check the trade threads, I'm sure someone will be willing to trade you an Eevee. You're gonna need WiFi though.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    No. Every last pokemon in pokemon White is Brand new. Although if you check the trade threads, I'm sure someone will be willing to trade you an Eevee. You're gonna need WiFi though.

Not true.

If an older Pokemon is not listed here, it's available in Black or White, one way or another. Eevee, unfortunately, is not obtainable.

Years
    Questions:
    where is the entralink?
    Is the entralink the dreamworld?
    and do you have to complete the game to get to the entralink? if no, what do you have to do?

thanks x
    ~mizzy
    (ya, calle me mizzy)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back