• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2006
    If you use the VS Seeker, is it possible to re-fight the Gym Leaders?

Years
    Dragon Princess said:
    Maybe normal type has no advantages against any other type, but Return is quite good, especially if your Pokemon's level is high. I have a L100 Quilava in Pokemon Crystal and I taught it Return (the other three are fire-type moves), and I can beat Red with Quilava only. Everytime I went to Silver Cave to battle Red, I brought only 2 Pokemon: Quilava and another that can use flash.

Mm, okay, maybe listening to your suggestions can help me to build better team. I'll try it on my new Pokemon. Thankiez! ;)
    Of Course its because..
    1. Quilava is Lvl 100
    2. Return had max happiness rating, giving it an attack of 102

Evs are given to ALL pokemon that are present in battle right?
    I keep confusing myself from the EVs.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Correct, ANY Poke that takes part in a battle will earn the approapriate EV points. On top of that ANY Poke holding the Exp Share, regardless if they participated in the battle or not, will also earn the appropriate EV points.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Help!

I am so lost in the Lost Cave. Please tell me how to find that rich lady. A guy told me something about the # of boulders being a hint but its makes no sence.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Looks at the rocks like a clock:

Three rocks -> 3 o'clock -> go right
    Six rocks -> 6 o'clock -> go down
    Nine rocks -> 9 o'clock -> go left
    Twelve rocks -> 12 o'clock -> go up

Dragon Princess

The Dragon Mistress
    Years
    Mmm...shanecdavis, u said that u can choose da best move 4 Pokemon, rite? How if helping me a little? I'm so confused with my three legendary birds' moves. Can u tell the best pack for those three?

And...its that valuable teaching my new Dragonite the TM dragon claw?

Thankiez:)

*About the return move...of course it's because my Quilava has reached L100 but I won't be able to beat Red with only one type of move if my Quilava doesn't learn Return so for me Return is great when Pokemon has reached L100. And it's true that the power is maximum becuz my Quilava has never fainted so I think it's happy.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Requested movesets are in bold:
    Dragon Princess said:
    Mmm...shanecdavis, u said that u can choose da best move 4 Pokemon, rite? How if helping me a little? I'm so confused with my three legendary birds' moves. Can u tell the best pack for those three?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    - Drill Peck
    - Rest/Substitute
    - Thunder Wave/Light Screen/Sleep Talk
    - Thunderbolt

Moltres @ Leftovers
    - Fire Blast
    - Morning Sun/Rest/Substitute
    - Solarbeam
    - Sunny Day

Articuno @ Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - Mind Reader
    - Rest
    - Sheer Cold

ONLY USE THIS MOVESET IN-GAME

And...its that valuable teaching my new Dragonite the TM dragon claw?

Not really. There are better options, such as the Dragon Dance or SubPunch set. Dragon Claw can be used as a last option, I guess.

Thankiez:)

*About the return move...of course it's because my Quilava has reached L100 but I won't be able to beat Red with only one type of move if my Quilava doesn't learn Return so for me Return is great when Pokemon has reached L100. And it's true that the power is maximum becuz my Quilava has never fainted so I think it's happy.

The real problem is that Return is not SE against ANY type in the game. On the other hand, a Quilava with Earthquake is SE against Electric, Rock, and Steel and will do more damage than a non-SE Return will. It is also only 2 AP less than Return against non-SE opponents to boot.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    sunny99 said:
    nice atk list shanedavis, i'm a big fan of that Mind Reader/Sheer Cold Articuno
    Just make sure you only use that combo in-game because it is a crappy combo and should be avoided when battling link/NB battles against someone who wil simply switch out to another Poke as soon as you use Mind Reader. The pathetic AI will rarely, if ever, do that. One can only hope this changes in DP and there are actually difficulty settings so it can at least be a challenge.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2006
    What are the differences in Pokemon between Fire Red and Leaf Green?? (where you get them would be a big help to!)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

There are some Pokemon you can catch on FR that you can't catch on LG. They are:
    Pokemon you can't catch in LG are Ekans, Oddish, Growlithe, Elekid, Scyther, Shellder, Wooper, Murkrow, Skarmory, Qwilfish, Delibird, and all their evolutions.
    Also, in LG, Deoxys transforms into Defense version and in FR, Deoxys transforms into Attack version.

Where you get them? Wherever games are sold in your area. I mean, just about every town in the US has a Wal-Mart or Best Buy or something.
    You can also buy them online from Amazon or other online stores.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
    If the pokemon is Ghost type, it takes half the users total HP, and causes a poison-like condition on the opponent.

If its not ghost type, it lowers speed and raises attack and defence.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    gs135790 said:
    If the pokemon is Ghost type, it takes half the users total HP, and causes a poison-like condition on the opponent.
    Kind of. What it really does is damage the opponent 1/4 of their max HP each turn.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    ummm... someone told me that in r/b/y if u beat the E4 a certain number of time u get ur own gym, if this is true does the same go for fr/lg thanx if any one answers.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Wow. That is about as dumb as the one about after losing so many times to the TR Grunt on Nugget Bridge you can become a member of TR.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back