• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

There is no easy way to find Feebas. You have to fish in every single square on that river until you find it.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Hyper Beam is the strongest non-Ice/Water move, but PLEASE do not ruin your poor Lapras by teaching it that. Go with Thunder, Thunderbolt, or Body Slam instead.

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    So what kind of moves do ya think Lapras should have? Two waters, ice, and a non-ice/water? Or two ice, water, and a non-ice/water? And teaching thunder seems good...but if body slam would be better I could reconsider.

Years
    Kaseo said:
    So what kind of moves do ya think Lapras should have? Two waters, ice, and a non-ice/water? Or two ice, water, and a non-ice/water? And teaching thunder seems good...but if body slam would be better I could reconsider.
    Rule: Neveer use 2 attacks of the same type

Lapras@Leftovers
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Confuse Ray

randomly made, AB can help

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
    IT can learn confuse ray? O.o...Wow...i dont know anything bout Lapras T.T

One more noobish question...what are Leftovers? I mean what do they do. And where i get em?

Sorry T.T

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Leftovers will increase your Pokes HP by 1/16 of its max every turn. Lefties rule! You can find TWO Lefties in FRLG. They are buried in the same place as where you find the Snorlax. Use the Itemfinder to help you. You can also purchase Leftovers in Emerald at the Battle Frontier, and you can buy them in Pokemon Colesseum (and maybe XD, iirc). Leftovers are the best item your Poke can hold.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I have 2 questions.

1.) If I'm correct giving a Pokemon a stat increasing such as (HP up, Protein, Iron..etc..) will give it 10 EV's of whatever that stat item boosts, and this caps at 100? So if I give a newly born Pokemon, 10 Irons it'll gain 100 Def. EV's?

2.) When breeding for a Pokemon of a particular nature do I have to save before I talk to the Daycare Man to get the Egg..then if it's not the right nature when it hatches can I reset and still be able to get a different nature? or do I have to wait for another Egg?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    ~Patrick~ said:
    I have 2 questions.

1.) If I'm correct giving a Pokemon a stat increasing such as (HP up, Protein, Iron..etc..) will give it 10 EV's of whatever that stat item boosts, and this caps at 100? So if I give a newly born Pokemon, 10 Irons it'll gain 100 Def. EV's?

2.) When breeding for a Pokemon of a particular nature do I have to save before I talk to the Daycare Man to get the Egg..then if it's not the right nature when it hatches can I reset and still be able to get a different nature? or do I have to wait for another Egg?

Thanks in advance.
    1.) Correct

2.) also correct

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    For the vitamens, if I max 1 out, (10 HP UP) can I max others out? (For example, 10 HP UP and 10 Iron)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, you can feed your Poke 10 of each vitamin. Just keep in mind that if you have already battled with your Poke, it has already earned EV points, so it might not accept 10. Once you hit 100 points in one EV stat, you cannot feed it any more of that particular vitamin.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    So you can give your pokes every vitamin? Wouldn't that be too cheap? Are there any limitations to the vitamins?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, the limitation is 10. Keep in mind that it takes 255 EV points to max out the EVs in one stat. Vitamins will only give you 100. That still leaves you 155 (or 152 to be exact since it takes 4 EV points to raise a stat by 1, leaving 3 points wasted) EV points short. Not is it not cheap, but the vitamins don't do enough for the amount of cash you have to dish out for them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I mean are there any limitations of EVs you put in one stat? I mean can you like do all the stats put vitamens on? Or are there limitations to how much stats your can EV train on (is there a max EV for all the stats?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back