• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I'm new here and i need help on my Fire Red game.
    I beat the Elite Four yesterday and i'v got the national dex from oak.
    But this bloke is still blocking cereulean cave and i can't get past the two rocket grunts at mt ember bcos they won't let me battle themnso i can't get the ruby plate for celio so i can't go to the other islands!!!
    sumone pls help me.

Years
    But they won't let me battle them.
    They just say things along the line of go away.
    is there anything i'v missed out.
    do i need to beat the elite 4 again before i do anything else...i can't anyway cos sumones standin in the way!!!
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Are you playing a ROM or a legitamate GBA game? In the GBA game, all you need is to have defeated the E4 and received the NP from Oak. There is nothing else needed to get past the TA/TM members in Mt. Ember. If you are having issues, either your cart is fake or your ROM sucks.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    you mean team rocket...
    did you get the hm from the old man on island one? you need strengh / rocksmash to get through the cave..
    also do you have 60+ pokemon for the national dex?

Years
    ____ said:
    you mean team rocket...
    did you get the hm from the old man on island one? you need strengh / rocksmash to get through the cave..
    also do you have 60+ pokemon for the national dex?
    I have 60+ and i have pokemon with rock smash and strength.
    Plus my game isn't dodgy...i bought it from GAME!!!

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    i think what you should do is look up some walkthrough guides on google or something and follow your steps making sure you've done everything you need to do, im sure that will help :)

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Try going to One Island and talk to Celio. Then go back and speak to the Grunts again, they should battle you.

That's usually the problem.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    lol yea you can breed, but after you get the ruby plate to celio... thats after beating elite 4 for the first time =D

Years
    Once you arrive at Four Island, also known as Floe Island, Gary will first come to talk to you. First, go north a bit and break the rock. Keep going north for a Star Piece. Return to where you were and go to the house next to the PokeMart. Talk to the person inside, and he'll apply a Hall of Fame Sticker to your Trainer's Card. In the upper-right hand corner of the island is a house with a Move Tutor inside. He teaches Body Slam. Next to that house is the Day-Care Center. Leave your Pokemon here to let them breed or raise their levels. Next, you surf across the pond for a Stardust, and then surf to the other side to enter the Icefall Cave.

Years
    I can help you here DV :)
    Delibird:~ Icefall Cave Floors 1 & Basement 1
    Nidoran (f):~Route 3, safari zone areas 1 & 2
    Nidoran (m):~ Route 3, safari zone area 1, 2 AND 3 :)

GJ200

Traning Master
    Years
    I have Completed Leaf green and i have emelrald. i havn|t completed emerald. only 2 gym. but i can`t trade. it says that they are not set up for a far away region yet. help. i just want to send over a larvitar

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    Wurmple evo's

Wurmple evolves to 2 different pokemon by it's personallity. Personality groups are split into five different catagories, but split into 2 with wurple. The groups alternate depending on which game you have. For Example, if (not true example) your timid wurple evolves in ruby, he would be a cascoon, but in sapphire, he would be the other evoltion. When traded, wurple would still evolve into the set evolution.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    First of all, this is the Simple Questions thread. I didn't see anyone asking about Wurmple's evolution. Secondly, I am sorry, but what you are claiming is not true. The evolution of Wurmple is not solely based on its nature. It is actually determined by a hexadecimal value based on both its gender, nature and a secret value hidden within the game. In other words, it's pretty much random.

BTW - please list the five different Personality group categories. I have no idea what you are referring to there. Thanks.

Years
    There's no such thing as "personality groups." You're mistaking it for the Personality Value, a 32-bit integer from which various values are generated. For instance, a Pokémon's Nature is determined by the mod-25 of the Personality Value (PV). Gender, Special Ability, and Wurmple evolution are also determined by it, but I don't know the exact formulas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back