• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    By the time you get to the Elite 4, you should have evenly trained a well-rounded party. You won't get past them with just one Pokémon (well, I did with my Venusaur, but it was something like level 75 - I didn't train very well in my first game). This means that by the end of the game it doesn't really matter which starter you chose.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If it is RBY, then the best starter is by far Blastoise. I defeated the E4 with Blastoise and Zapdos. I actually beat the entire game with only Blastoise and only used Zapdos in the E4.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Feraligatr and Meganium are comparable, depending on what you want. Typhlosion is the worst starter of the 9 (soon to be 12). Actually the GSC starters are the worst of the bunch.

Years
    shanecdavis said:
    Feraligatr and Meganium are comparable, depending on what you want. Typhlosion is the worst starter of the 9 (soon to be 12). Actually the GSC starters are the worst of the bunch.

I agree with him. The Johoto (sp?) are the worst bunch but this is my opinion try and start with Totodile.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Help!

I haven't played on my Silver Cartridge for ages, but when I try to load it up now, the Continue option isn't there.

Same thing if I start again and save straight away.........no Continue option!

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    how do you get mew on GSC? i looked on the mew on metal and colour generation games but thats for red,blue and yellow!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well here is the MEW TRICK

-Make sure you haven't battled the Gambler with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl. He is facing the Underground Path toward Celadon city...on Route 8. Also, make sure you haven't fought the Youngster on Route 24, he's just after a Hiker and is facing North. If you have, the code won't work.

-You need Fly. (Aka HM02)

-Get some Ultra Balls, and anything else you would use to catch a Level 7 Mew, that only knows Pound.

Go to the Gambler I talked about before. Save AT the door he is facing. Don't make him battle you. SAVE HERE, this is tricky. Now, step one step towards him, and PRESS START. Really fast. If you did it right, the menu will pop up, but he won't battle you. Now Fly to Cerulean City.
    [If you've done this right, after you use Fly, he will get the "!" over his head]

Note: You cannot use START, A, or B.

Note: Do NOT save anywhere after this. First of all, you can't save when your buttons don't work. But second, when they work again, saving will ruin the Mew code, and not allow you to get the Mew. Ever. Keep your saved file from before you battled the Gambler.

[If you've done this right, you can't press Start]
    Walk (you can't use start) to the Youngster, and when you battle him, make sure he WALKS TO YOU. Don't go directly in front of him. Beat him, and (now your buttons work) Fly to Lavender Town (Or Saffron City).

[If you've done this right, the Start menu WILL pop up when it should]
    Now if you went to Lavender, go to the left of town, and start to enter that narrow passageway. If you went to Saffron, go right, to where the guard lets you past if you give him a drink. Either way, the Start menu will pop up. Do NOT save here. Press B. Mew will appear. This is your ONLY chance. (unless you go to your save file before the Gambler) Ta-Da...its a Mew.

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
    Years
    O.K., I was going to glitch city, but intstead of ending up at glitch city, I ended up in fwushca with no music

the instructions i used for my red version are as follows:
    Join safari zone
    exit imediatly
    when,"are you done???" say no
    save imediatly
    turn system off
    turn system on
    exit safari zone imediatly
    do not join hunt
    exit building

Simple Questions

Status