• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

californiajk2

Pokemon Champ
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2008
    gubook janggoon said:
    I used to love these games when I was younger but after awhile they lost their charm. Well, I'm going off to college now and the big thing for me has been rediscovering my childhood. :] I figured, why not pick up the old Gold again? So as a former veteran and a humble "noob" I have a question.

I have both the red and gold versions and I want a Steelix in my gold version. If I attatched the metal coat to an Onix and traded it to the red version, and then traded back to the gold version, would my Onix turn into a Steelix or would I just get back an Onix minus a metal coat?

Many Thanks.

gl with ur college

not positive but if u attach metal coat to a onix it wont let u trade to RBY so u would have to trade to one of the gsc games . not completely sure though

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Actually, since held items aren't officially recorded in R/B/Y, I don't think it matters...but the question of whether or not it will evolve is beyond my experience...

And I guess my question can't/won't be answered here...oh well.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    I've heard that if a Shuckle holds a Berry Juice long enough, it'll turn into a Rare Candy. Is this true???

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    I don't think so. It doesn't sound like it would be true. Probably just something someone made up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2006
    I was just curious on yellow version next to pallete town htere is some grass that you can not reach anyone know if there is a way to get to it, or if it is simply not possible.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I was just curious on yellow version next to pallete town htere is some grass that you can not reach anyone know if there is a way to get to it, or if it is simply not possible.

Do you mean these ones? If so no you can't reach those grass fields, not even in FR/LG.
    Simple Questions

!!**Alex**!!

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    You get weird glitchy pokémon, like if you try and walk in the grass by hacking before you receive a starter. Mewtwo, mew, Missigno, stuffs like that.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Ok, I have a question for those familiar with PKMN Yellow. I have been playing Yellow for a little bit now and am up to the eighth gym (or somewhere like that) and I'm still unable to find Bulbasaur!!! I already have Charmander and Squritle (now Charizard and Blastoise), so where is Bulbasaur?!?!?!?

Thanks,
    !!**Alex**!!

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    Ok, I have a question for those familiar with PKMN Yellow. I have been playing Yellow for a little bit now and am up to the eighth gym (or somewhere like that) and I'm still unable to find Bulbasaur!!! I already have Charmander and Squritle (now Charizard and Blastoise), so where is Bulbasaur?!?!?!?

Thanks,
    !!**Alex**!!
    He's like the first one you find. He's in a house near the Cerulean Gym. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Oh yup thank you I found him now right beside the Gym. Yep I now know why I couldn't find it: It was because I never went into those house after I played LF/FR I assumed those houses didn't have anything but they did in Yellow and that's why I actually found Charmander first hehe!

!!**Alex**!! :chu:

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2009
    hey there.

Electabuzz...

Quick attack
    Leer
    Thunderpunch at lv.9
    lightscreen at lv.17
    swift at lv.25
    screech at lv.36
    thunderbolt at lv.47
    thunder at lv.58

and that's bout it... you can teach him alot of different TMs tho...those are just all the ones that he learns on his own.

hope that helped! ^^

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    I used to love these games when I was younger but after awhile they lost their charm. Well, I'm going off to college now and the big thing for me has been rediscovering my childhood. :] I figured, why not pick up the old Gold again? So as a former veteran and a humble "noob" I have a question.

I have both the red and gold versions and I want a Steelix in my gold version. If I attatched the metal coat to an Onix and traded it to the red version, and then traded back to the gold version, would my Onix turn into a Steelix or would I just get back an Onix minus a metal coat?

Many Thanks.

hey, it definitely will still evolve upon trading it back. i do it all the time. trust me on this one. your items are still encoded with the pokemon. the onix will not be able to be traded if you have any new moves with it, but when you trade it back, the items stay the same, so if you have a metal coat, it'll evolve into stelix.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2006
    The Blackthorne Gym, I'm playing silver.

I know that you have to have completed all gyms and the three team rocket events before you're allowed entrance. My question is, if I show up before I've completed these things is my entrance to it blocked for good, or if I leave and complete the events and come back will I then have entrance to it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back