• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    I suppose the only legal way to get Mew would be to get one from a friend in trade.
    Otherwise, you will probably have to resort to using an AR or another cheat device.

I don't think so...Well, if there isn't a legal way, why was Mew created ??

Edit: Yea 100th reply

Nope, it was 101st (And mine's 102nd!! xD)

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    EVs...?

Are there even EVs in GSC? When I went to GSC mode in netbattle I didn't see the option to raise any... does that mean there's no reason for me to have my extremespeed Dratini take down hundreds of nidokings?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Questions like this belong in the Simple Questions thread.
    I'm going to merge them now, but please remember that for the future.

~merged~

ainee

~~~rom hacker in training~~~
    Years
    shiny gold

hello i am new to pkmn comunity and need help about pokemon shiny gold i think a guy from pkmn comunity made it and the game is superb but it becomes weird at some places if u know that person tell me so ican get help

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    I don't think so...Well, if there isn't a legal way, why was Mew created ??

To answer your question the Mew Glitch is legal... and getting it from nintendo event is legal

and they created mew to make everyone jealous and be craving mew like it was a reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyy good choclate and they crave it so much ppl start making false hope and stupid guides which makes everyone all like :D theres hope! (if ou wanna see the scams they made go here Fake Mew Scams some are incredibly funny) and while ppl are crying about how hey lost all their pokemon Nintendo holds events were you BUY mew and they make a HUGE cash profit..... well thats my theory

Also to snwers Ainee's post go to the Shiny gold post in these forums and check if the problems you found havent been reported if they havent REPORT IT and hopfully it will be fixed when b3 comes out

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    Lol, some of those Fake Mew Scams were funny. The one with the Bermuda Triangle made me laugh :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am making my way through Pokemon Silver and I am in Blackthorn City, ready to battle Clair.

But the person blocking the gym door saying she/he doesn't know when Clair will return hasn't moved...

And then there's an old man blocking the cave enterance which I've been told will only move for you once you've been given permission by Clair...

But... if I can't get into the gym... I can't get into the cave.

Does anyone know how I am supposed to get to Clair?

Years
    Alrighty now that I'm in the right place. I'm trying to catch Zapdos in red but my ultra ball keeps missing the pokemon completely, why does that happen and what should I do?
    I don't know why in the game the ball misses. However putting Zapdos asleep will allow the ultra ball to make contact.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Beat up deals damage depending on how many Pokemon you have in your team, so you could deal up to six hits.
    I don't know if the Pokemon team member's level affects the attack power though... but that's as far as I know.
    ^_^

BlueBlastoise7285

That Dude......
    Years
    I have a question.....

About Ghost Pokemon, I know thay cannot attack normal pokemon but can they attack normal pokemon with a second type (i.e. Pidgeotto) by explioting the second type?

I think this is a bad question, but I'm not sure.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    No... well, yes, but not in that way. Ghost Pokémon can attack normal Pokémon with any move that isn't Ghost type. No idea if it can, but if Gengar knew Thunder, it could still attack a normal-type Pokémon, by using Thunder.

Arlynn

Fourteen
    Years
    Stupid question... x__o;;
    I'm playing silver version.
    I've gotten all the badges.
    I want to trade a pokemon over to my Crystal version...
    One problem...
    it says the trade machine is being repaired. D;
    The time capsule works fine...I guess only one works at a time. >o<
    Could anyone PLEASE tell me how to get Bill to fix the Trade Machine before I mutilate my gameboy advanced? o_o;;

Since no one answered your question - to trade from Silver to Crystal or vice-versa you go to the regular trading post. They are both second gen. games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2007
    hi, im trying to trade my pokemon from my blue version over to my gold version, but every time i try to do this, the gold version says "your friend is not ready." and a few seconds later, the blue version says "the link has been closed because of inactivity." This happens after the games recognize that there is a link cable attached because it goes all the way to the point where it asks me to save, then afterwards it does this. I think it must have something to do with the gold version, because it doesnt seem to recognize the cable while the blue does, but im not sure.
    I know that its not the link cable, ive tried 3 so far all with the same results. I was wondering if you all know of a way to fix this. Thanks a lot.

Also, if im playing gold on my gba, do i have to use the game boy color gameshark or can i use a game boy advanced one?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back