• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss5vegeta

Poke' God
Years
  • The Missing Pokemon

Who knows who they are?

Originaly there was gonna be 190 Pokemon but was shortened to 150, this included the Pokegod's (apparantly one looked like Charizard), Mewthree and Pikablu (now known as Marril).

Who knows some others and where I can see some pictures?

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • Who knows who they are?

Originaly there was gonna be 190 Pokemon but was shortened to 150, this included the Pokegod's (apparantly one looked like Charizard), Mewthree and Pikablu (now known as Marril).

Who knows some others and where I can see some pictures?

you're talking mostly about rumors. there were originally 156 pokemon programmed in, and when they ran out of room, they just left them out. Mewthree doesn't exist, missingno. and 'mblock were results of this programming, and Marril COULD actually be gotten through a glitch in red and blue, through some means of trading missingno. and/or 'mblock. just so you know, Stantler was also one of the pokemon intended to be in red and blue that they cut out. the game designers didn't even change the moves it learned when they later included it in gold and silver. if, however, you manage to get one of these without permanantly messing up your game, it will not have a name, hence "Pikablu" for Marril, since everyone thought it was supposed to be some branch evolution for Pikachu. you will have to make a nickname for them, and it will not let you cancel it. if you do, you get a glitched out block in place of the name, and your game will start to fail.

Years
  • Actually, using variations of the Mew Glitch may give you a Pokémon with Marill's Pokédex number. Of course, it's not called Marill, and bears no resemblance to it other than the Pokédex number (itself a glitch).
    Marill's Pokemon number is 183, right?

That means that in Pokemon Blue, Marill could be a glitch called "Aerodactyl fossil MissingNo", which is the 183th (B7 in hex) in the Pokemon list, it looks like this: (Look at the bottom of this post)

Unfortunately, all the Pokemons seem to be arranged in a random way. When it should start with Bulbasaur, then Ivysaur etc, it starts with 'M (a glitch Pokemon), then continues with Rhydon etc...

Also, "Aerodactyl fossil MissingNo" sometimes looks like a "r".

~K

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2007
    I realize this probably gets asked a lot but iv been out of the loop for a while, and was wondering if its yet possible to transfer Pokemon from gold/ silver to the GBA versions (even via a cheat cart.) ?

I spent many and hour on them and the thought of having to start from scratch for the DS versions is annoying!

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • it's not really about the inside game, i just want to know

i know that Red and blue came before the anime, but did yellow come out before the anime too?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm not sure about that one, but Yellow Version was the version most based on the anime. If it did come out before the anime, it must have come out very close to before, and the writers must have gotten the base storyline. Maybe it came out before in anime in Japan, but I think it came out later than the anime in Canada & the US.
    Still, I'm not 100% sure.

Chibaymega12

Years
  • yeah, the anime came first here, but like you said, Red and Blue came before the anime but not many are sure about yellow, ill have to search about it

ok, i figured it out, it says on wiki that in Japan that the Anime came out on April 21, 1997 and Yellow version came out on September something, 1998. So the anime came before Yellow, mystery solved.

Last edited:

>Bent<

awhups
    Years
  • Yes. That's why Yellow has several parts based off the anime -- for example, the samurai kid in Viridian Forest, Damian giving you a Charmander, and you getting Pikachu because the Rival gets the other starter.

Chibaymega12

Years
  • yeah, but in the anime, Gary is revealed to get Squirtle at the beggining of his journey, not an eevee. But anyways, it said on a few web sites that the anime was based a bunch on the game, and that got me thinking, hmmmm, its prolly based on yellow, im pretty sure yellow came out after the anime, cause i got yellow a year after the other two so i wasnt sure until today

Rayquaza_Nick

Dark Trainer
    Years
  • In my own suggestion,Yellow came out months before the anime was released and it was based on the anime and th red/blue versions...Have you saw or read the pokemon comics? Red and blue was based on the comics...

>Bent<

awhups
    Years
  • In my own suggestion,Yellow came out months before the anime was released and it was based on the anime and th red/blue versions...Have you saw or read the pokemon comics? Red and blue was based on the comics...
    Actually, the comics were based on Red and Blue (Green, actually), not the other way around.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2008
    Crystal hidden power

Hey guys, is there a way to make a pokemon learn a specific type of hidden power through a gameshark?

For example say i want my scizor to learn hidden power bug.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I've got a question...

In Pokemon Yellow, does Pikachu EVER allow you to evolve him? To my knowledge, I thought no... but a friend of mine said eventually he does let you evolve him. If he's right, does anyone know when exactly he lets you?

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
  • ive never trained pikachu to evolve, ive always found a pidgey or a nidoran to train up, as their evos are better, but i think its lvl 70 or higher. unless u trade to red/blue and evolve him at lvl50-60 there. then trade back and u have a raichu!" he wont follow u around though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    I was just reading this, and is this true?

1)Go up to a rare pokemon that you can see (lugia, ho-hou)

2) Save in front of them

3) battle and if its not shiny....Turn off

4) Keep repeating this and eventually you will get a shiny version (THIS TAKES
    A LONG TIME AND IF YOUR NOT LUCKY THIS CAN TAKE UP TO 3 HRS TO WORK) BUT IT
    WILL WORK,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back