• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2007
    I think someone else hadm trouble there, too...I'll tell you what I told him: Try using Groudon. Carry a Tight Band on him and a Earthquake TM (if you can), then give him EQ IMMEDIATELY. That should get you through most/all of it...at least, it helped me.

Dogboy: Same way you did the last time. Seriously. You should also have some Water-types around to help you now, so make sure to take advantage of that.

Thank you for the assistance, but I don't even have Groudon yet. I don't think I even have his friend area or do you get that automatically when you recruit the big red guy?

Groudon is kinda' evil. I've been trying to get him for forever now. Does my rank need to be higher - I'm the Diamond Rank.

As for a water Pokemon I have a Azurill that I'm fond of, although she's probably a bit weak, especially if you compare her to Groudon...

Thanks again for all your help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Thank you for the assistance, but I don't even have Groudon yet. I don't think I even have his friend area or do you get that automatically when you recruit the big red guy?

Groudon is kinda' evil. I've been trying to get him for forever now. Does my rank need to be higher - I'm the Diamond Rank.

As for a water Pokemon I have a Azurill that I'm fond of, although she's probably a bit weak, especially if you compare her to Groudon...

Thanks again for all your help.

The part about the Water-type was directed to another user, not you.

And Rank does NOT affect recruitment. Only level and whether your leader has a Friend Bow or not (and whether you have the right area or not, but Groudon gives you his, I believe).

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2007
    The part about the Water-type was directed to another user, not you.

I misunderstood you. I apologize for sounding stupid...

And Rank does NOT affect recruitment. Only level and whether your leader has a Friend Bow or not (and whether you have the right area or not, but Groudon gives you his, I believe).

I wasn't aware that rank had no effect. I suppose I got the wrong impression about it from things I've read... What is rank for? Just to show how many missions you've gone on or something? Bragging rights?

My Marowak (my highest level pokemon and starter) is level 70. I've only briefly heard talk about the Friend Bow. Where can I obtain it, if I may? It sounds like a real prize or an item!

Oh additionally, where can I re-obtain Surf (and get Fly for the first time). I lost surf in the quest to beat the level 1 demon-dungeons. I thought it was the Solar Cave dungeon, so I've gone through it completely several times, but all I ever find are those Link Cable things, not very useful. Do I have the wrong dungeon?

As for the information about Groudon and his friend area, it's quite helpful to me, thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I wasn't aware that rank had no effect. I suppose I got the wrong impression about it from things I've read... What is rank for? Just to show how many missions you've gone on or something? Bragging rights?

My Marowak (my highest level pokemon and starter) is level 70. I've only briefly heard talk about the Friend Bow. Where can I obtain it, if I may? It sounds like a real prize or an item!

Oh additionally, where can I re-obtain Surf (and get Fly for the first time). I lost surf in the quest to beat the level 1 demon-dungeons. I thought it was the Solar Cave dungeon, so I've gone through it completely several times, but all I ever find are those Link Cable things, not very useful. Do I have the wrong dungeon?

As for the information about Groudon and his friend area, it's quite helpful to me, thank you very much.

Yeah, that's pretty much all rank's for. Oh, and I've heard that you get an action figure for getting to Lucario Rank...but I've never done so, so I can't say for sure.

And, yes, the Friend Bow is very handy for recruitment, boosting your chances by 10%. For some it's actually NECESSARY...but anyway, the Friend Bow's in Mt. Faraway, and you need a Key for it.

And Surf IS in Solar Cave, Level 20 (BRING A KEY...and an Escape Orb if you have it).

...I'm starting to wonder if I should make a thread of general Mystery Dungeon tips and get it stickied...what do you all think?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2007
    Yeah, that's pretty much all rank's for. Oh, and I've heard that you get an action figure for getting to Lucario Rank...but I've never done so, so I can't say for sure.

And, yes, the Friend Bow is very handy for recruitment, boosting your chances by 10%. For some it's actually NECESSARY...but anyway, the Friend Bow's in Mt. Faraway, and you need a Key for it.

And Surf IS in Solar Cave, Level 20 (BRING A KEY...and an Escape Orb if you have it).

...I'm starting to wonder if I should make a thread of general Mystery Dungeon tips and get it stickied...what do you all think?

10%, I like those odds! I think that that requirement thing applies to Groudon... He's impossible. *plots to smack the overgrown lizard in the face when she recruits him* Thank you so much for this information. I'd better go to Mt. Faraway now... Wish me luck on staying alive...

Really? My game might be messed up... I hope not. I've done completion (filled out the entire map) on it several times, including the final floor and come up with only the annoying Link Cables. Oh well, I'll try a few times more. I always bring Escape Orbs with me, I'm to afraid to go without them Keys however I need to stock up on... I suppose I'll be living in Solar Cave for a while now, huh?

Can Fly also be found there, or is it located elsewhere - Oh, and whatever happened to Cut, can it be obtained in Mystery Dungeon?

Thanks again, you've been a great help!

**Edit**

I do think Mystery Dungeon could use it's own section. It's what I'm playing mostly and I keep getting stuck. So It would be helpful to have a section for quick reference things, and I'd like to help others out too. If I can, I doubt I'd be much use though... Anyway, I think it's a good idea.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    10%, I like those odds! I think that that requirement thing applies to Groudon... He's impossible. *plots to smack the overgrown lizard in the face when she recruits him* Thank you so much for this information. I'd better go to Mt. Faraway now... Wish me luck on staying alive...

Really? My game might be messed up... I hope not. I've done completion (filled out the entire map) on it several times, including the final floor and come up with only the annoying Link Cables. Oh well, I'll try a few times more. I always bring Escape Orbs with me, I'm to afraid to go without them Keys however I need to stock up on... I suppose I'll be living in Solar Cave for a while now, huh?

Can Fly also be found there, or is it located elsewhere - Oh, and whatever happened to Cut, can it be obtained in Mystery Dungeon?

Thanks again, you've been a great help!

**Edit**

I do think Mystery Dungeon could use it's own section. It's what I'm playing mostly and I keep getting stuck. So It would be helpful to have a section for quick reference things, and I'd like to help others out too. If I can, I doubt I'd be much use though... Anyway, I think it's a good idea.

Good luck.

And, no, the HM locations are specific and non-repetitive. And, yes, Cut's in there (all the HMs are), but it isn't necessary in the game so I never went hunting for it. If you want it, you're on your own...

Oops, I forgot--

Queen Boo: It comes with the first Legendary Bird you recruit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2007
    Good luck.

And, no, the HM locations are specific and non-repetitive. And, yes, Cut's in there (all the HMs are), but it isn't necessary in the game so I never went hunting for it. If you want it, you're on your own...

Oops, I forgot--

Queen Boo: It comes with the first Legendary Bird you recruit.

I got Surf back, finally (I don't know why it hadn't shown up for me at all before that) and I went and lost it again...! *large sigh* Those level one start dungeons are getting on my nerves. I'm beginning to think I'll never make it through to the end. It's also getting to that point where I'm just dying in silly ways now that are easily preventable... Like starving! I used to be better at this game. *shakes head*

Anyway--

I'm going to work on getting the Friend Bow sense I'm failing at everything else... Hopefully, I won't mess up again. I'm going to take the luck you've given and not fail there! *makes determined face*

Thanks again with all your help...

Odds are I'll be back with another problem later, I seem to have a severe lack of Pokemon gaming ability lately. *sad laugh* (And, I got Pokemon Ranger today. World beware...)

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I've got a question about Ranger. How do I get Metagross? It's in the Go-Rock Squad HQ, but I've searched all over it and I can't find it. Please help. It's the only one missing to complete my browser (Apart from Snorlax)

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    I've got a question about Ranger. How do I get Metagross? It's in the Go-Rock Squad HQ, but I've searched all over it and I can't find it. Please help. It's the only one missing to complete my browser (Apart from Snorlax)

It appears when Go-Rock Squad HQ blows up.
    That's the only advice I got.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    Found Metagross in Ranger. How do I get of Go-Rock's base?

I captured in using Typlosion's Poke Assist, but now I can't leave the area in which the hideout is located. Can someone help me?

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    I don't know where you are. I think the only place you need Fire is outside at the barrels to get Makuhita without passing by the Voltorbs.

I'm actually at the Go-Rock Squad Base after beating the game. I've gotten past the rockwall with the Gligar, but now I'm stuck! Remember, I'm LEAVING, not going to it.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    I'm actually at the Go-Rock Squad Base after beating the game. I've gotten past the rockwall with the Gligar, but now I'm stuck! Remember, I'm LEAVING, not going to it.

I want to make sure which base are we atlking about. You mean the base at the east of Fall City, right? If it's so, where's that "rockwall with the Gligar"?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    No, not the Dusk Factory. The Go-Rock Squad Base on Sekra Range is where I'm at.

Sorry, I had completely forgotten that place existed. You just have to get out of the building, pass the rockwall, fo right, and, if you dont have a Pokémon with cross, you can fall off the edge that doesnt have rocks, then continue to the right and you'll return to the area where you were before.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Hm's

yeah I fainted while having a HM, it's gone with other items and all my money how can I get the HM dive back?

MewSkitty

I love everyone!
    Years
    I did a search on this forum and in this thread for an answer for this question and the only answer I found was way out of date (from April of 2005) so I wanted to know if this has been fixed yet.

Is there an emulator that can play Pokemon Ranger and/or Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? I have those games downloaded to upload into a flash cart once I get one, but I can't wait to play them. You'd think after all this time they'd have a working DS emulator, but if not I guess Nintendo won the ROM battle finaly. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back