• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2007
    what is better diamond or pearl?

i know the difrence but which is the best one to get and what would be a good starter

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • Two questions:
    1-Can I transfer Pokémon from my English LG to a Japanese D/P?
    2-Can I trade Pokémon from a Japanese D/P to an English D/P?

I'll answer your questions :D

1- You cannot transfer pokemon, but you can get the pokemon that require a cartridge to be inserted to be seen regardless

2- No

Now, im adressing this to both of the questions, a jp game cannot read an english game when you actually have to pick which pokemon you want in vice versa

EDIT: First post on page 10 (not that amazing)

Last edited:

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Well, on the list that I showed you, depending on which Pokémon you like more, you should choose the version with those Pokémon! Also, the starters are pretty evenly matched (or they say they are ;D)and therefore are very equal. You probably wont be using much of them late-game anyway! :3

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2007
    thankx for the help but isnt like the other versions where choosing the grass starter is easy fire is hard and water is moderat

slash106

good trainer/naruto lover
    Years
  • Ya im just asking if there are any important clues I should learn before I go off and buy dimond or perl like any stupid glitches I should hear about anything about the pokemon and im a noob to this website so ya Im still learning about all the stuff here so plz answer me back incase there is a down side to dimond and pearl.

SEE YA!!!!!!! slash106

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2007
    free gifts

i just found out that if u reserved diamond and pearl u get a free stylus with a top shaped like the guy on the box

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

fatpappa, that whole second post was spam.
    You shouldn't mini-mod either, Shiny Umbreon.

Adaptitive boosts any move that matches PorygonZ's type by 50%. So with Adaptive and STAB, PorygonZ's Normal attacks are doubled in power.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Ya im just asking if there are any important clues I should learn before I go off and buy dimond or perl like any stupid glitches I should hear about anything about the pokemon and im a noob to this website so ya Im still learning about all the stuff here so plz answer me back incase there is a down side to dimond and pearl.

SEE YA!!!!!!! slash106

Well, in the JAP version, there were glitches galore! Like being able to get Sheimi, Areuseus, and Darkrai all in the original game. But Im pretty sure by the time the game is Americanized, theyll have removed all that by then. Even JAP versions you buy now will probably have glitches removed...

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Adaptitive boosts any move that matches PorygonZ's type by 50%. So with Adaptive and STAB, PorygonZ's Normal attacks are doubled in power. [/COLOR]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Just some more questions about that.

1-How is Silk Scarf's bonus applied. Is it added, too? (210%) Or it works by multiplying x1.1 ?
    Correct me if the bonus isn't 10%.

2-How much does the Concentration Band raises physical moves' power? How it works together with STAB? (Again, multiplying or adding?)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2007
    can i trade betwean fire red or leaf green with d/p?

can i trade betwean fire red with d/p if i can even meanwhile its in the same ds

pikachulover306

*~~Pika Power~~*
    Years
  • I'm kinda confused from diferent answers but here is my question

Can you transfer your pokemon from a US FR/LG/E/R/S onto a Jap diamond or pearl using pal park ?

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    Well, in the JAP version, there were glitches galore! Like being able to get Sheimi, Areuseus, and Darkrai all in the original game. But Im pretty sure by the time the game is Americanized, theyll have removed all that by then. Even JAP versions you buy now will probably have glitches removed...

Since when can you get Areuseus? Even if you use the E4 glitch its impossible without cheats since you have to go above tengan mountain. Also the glitches are already removed from the jap games I preordered diamond and that had the glitches bought pearl in november and glitches were removed.

Ya im just asking if there are any important clues I should learn before I go off and buy dimond or perl like any stupid glitches I should hear about anything about the pokemon

There arent really glitches that you should worry about really. As long as you know what you are doing if you do decide to use the E4 glitch (got stuck in black 3 times, had to restart each time).

About the pokemon I would suggest getting Murkrow or Misdrevous depending on your version Sphinx (electric looking dog) is a good one to catch early in the game also. Don't worry about catching Buizel he sucks later in game. As for starters go for the grass one, he is the best overall. Penguin is to slow to hit anything, Fire monkey is good for being one of the three fire people you can get. Enough with my splurge.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Poison Spikes works just like regular Spikes correct. The only difference is the that <Steel> is immune instead of <Flying>.

That means the rest is set damage so all those 1/2 damage resistances to <Poison> doesn't matter right?

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Pokemon D/P

When Pokemon Diamond And Pearl come out in Australia, will it just be the American version, or will the language be changed to Australian, ie; Mum instead of Mom?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • When Pokemon Diamond And Pearl come out in Australia, will it just be the American version, or will the language be changed to Australian, ie; Mum instead of Mom?

I dont think it will. Its highly unlikely for that to happen. Also there has never been a difference like that in the older versions and such small changes due to the country's slang or use of terms probably wont be considered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back