• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Lotus

As High As Wu-Tang Gets
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    Does 'Humble Heart' work with a botched Focus Punch?

In other words if Lucario started a Focus Punch and was hit with an attack - would it activate 'Humble Heart'?

Focus Punch description states if user is hit he will flinch.

<EDIT> Nevermind. The answer is NO.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2007
    I'm curious about what Absolitude is saying as well; on Gamestop.com, where you click on the info for D/P, Diamond and Pearl packages come up and aside from that, there is an earpiece which includes a microphone and a headphone.

:O

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
  • Funk it may just be a coincidence. There is a Nintendo ds headset. And if you go here it will show you that it can be used with the ds and the ds lite, and also it shows you screen shots. I also read in something similar to that, that there might be a headset in the making or already out that lets you talk with the same sound you would get on a cellphone. Now I'm sure everyone knows the microphone that comes with the ds is bad, so if this makes your voice crystal clear it would be so perfectly awesome because you would be able to chat with your friends, and battle as if they were right there. I'm getting REALLY excited!

Last edited:

Absolitude

Years
  • I think that's exactly it pikachulover306. Since it cannot use any hold items. And i have had to answer my own question to which the answer is yes. The supporting texts are: "While wireless battling is sadly limited to people with whom you share Friend Codes – it also lets you 'voice chat' online", "Players who explore beneath the Pokemon Center will find a new Pokemon WiFi Club. This area allows for players to battle, exchange Pokemon, and engage in voice chat via the internet.", "And the online experience is a solid one: the game supports voice chat" Hope that helps you Funk, and the other curious members.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So if Mimiroppu is holding a Toxic Orb it won't become poisioned right ?

No, It Can't Use Anything In Battle Only, It Can Hold Items, But They Arent Used, It Says This On Serebii, So If You Want More Info Just Go To serebii (google it as your not allowed to post weblinks) Then On The Navi Bar Go Down To Games > Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Then On The Right Navigation Bar Go > New Abilities And That Will Help You Out.

I Dont Know About The Toxic Orb Though. Why Would You Want To Hold It Anyway? It Induces Poison status to holder. Thats Not Good, At All.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I think that's exactly it pikachulover306. Since it cannot use any hold items. And i have had to answer my own question to which the answer is yes. The supporting texts are: "While wireless battling is sadly limited to people with whom you share Friend Codes – it also lets you 'voice chat' online", "Players who explore beneath the Pokemon Center will find a new Pokemon WiFi Club. This area allows for players to battle, exchange Pokemon, and engage in voice chat via the internet.", "And the online experience is a solid one: the game supports voice chat" Hope that helps you Funk, and the other curious members.

Well whats cool about this site is that its not a Nintendo owned site, they have almost no authority over us! That means we can trade friend codes! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ^o^
    I'm gonna post my friend code on my sig, great idea huh?

Oh, and I have a question that I have not been able to answer.

Is the new Region called Shinnoh or Sinnoh?
    I've seen so many different sites with these two names, can somebody confirm this for me?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well whats cool about this site is that its not a Nintendo owned site, they have almost no authority over us! That means we can trade friend codes! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ^o^
    I'm gonna post my friend code on my sig, great idea huh?

Yeah, terrific idea...at least, it would be if it wasn't against the forum rules to do so :(...

Absolitude

Years
  • Well i'v read the rules, and it says that you can send your friend code to other users by pming them. They just tell you to be careful. So everyone gather up a lot of friends, and hold on for one wild poke ride! Yeehhaw!

Tormentedsoul14

lafonte FTW!
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2007
    I dont see why you cant post your FC its not like they can hack your game or whatever. Its just a code to identify you in the WiFi community. If anyone has any questions I know pretty much the game inside and out, so ask away.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    1)why aren't we allowed to five out friend's codes?

2)If there are so many cheaters who get event pokemons and put them in the WiFi Community, would it spoil the fun of the whole game? maybe nintendo should disallow the trades of legendaries?

3)Can someone tell me more about the level balancing thing?

Thanks

Paranoia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    1)why aren't we allowed to give out friend's codes?

2)If there are so many cheaters who get event pokemons and put them in the WiFi Community, would it spoil the fun of the whole game? maybe nintendo should disallow the trades of legendaries?

3)Can someone tell me more about the level balancing thing?

Thanks

1.)This is quoted from a Super Mod, Scizz:
    "Nope, sorry. Friend-Code sharing threads are not allowed.

~closed~"

So your probably not allowed to trade friend codes. Scizz if you see this, can you direct me to the part of the rules it says this as i cant seem to find it.

2.) Well depends, the people who give out the event only legis would want something really good for it, so probably not, i know that ill be waiting for the events to get Darkrai Aruseus and Shiemi because then they are yours as they will have your ID and Trainer Name!

3.) When you go into wifi your pokemons Lvl gets boosted to lvl 100 so you can go in with a lvl 5 pikachu and in wifi itll be lvl 100 pikachu with whatever EVs and IVs it has.

Also i do have a question, How Do i get Rotomu?! ive been looking for ages!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Go to Hakutai City and then to Hakutai forest. The first thing you will see is a house. Walk in.
    In one of the rooms there is a TV set (I believe it's the third), talk to it and you will be asked a yes or no question, pick yes and Rotomu should appear.
    It will be at level 15.

I'm pretty sure you need to get the Nationaldex before though.

Paranoia

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Awesome, thank you so much, now to ad my sixth and final team member.

Just a question though, is it breedable, or is it classified as a legendary?

And could i get a good moveset for it and what EVs and Nature. Thanks all so much :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back