• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Confirmed?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    FR/LG were just GBA versions of Gen. I because they were designed to be that way. The other remakes, not so much. There also wasn't much to add from a third version into the remakes, considering that the third version was literally the exact same as the first two, but with slightly different graphics.

Yellow was the true third version of Gen 1, IMO, and FRLG included nothing from it. Obviously, the starter Pikachu wasn't happening, but why couldn't we have still had the normal starters follow us around? Or, Jessie/James as a double battle? Or, the surfing Pikachu minigame? Or, some Yellow gym leader teams?

There's so much more they could've done with FRLG to make them more than just a glorified port of RB.

FR/LG also added the whole Sevii Islands, which is more than can be said of HG/SS and OR/AS. Not to mention fixing all of the flaws from Gen. I, because those games were incredibly flawed.

A bunch of generic, forgettable islands with a tedious, should've-been-unnecessary sidequest is your argument in favor of FRLG?

And, if by "flaws," you mean glitches, Yellow and GS fixed most of those. The rest of Gen 1's gameplay flaws were still very much in FRLG, which was the problem with those games.

Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    Hopefully if they remake generation IV they'll manage to improve upon a lot of the many problems with those games, like weird pacing and a boring, oftentimes desolate and even depressingly boring region.

Of course, all they'll end up actually doing to change the game is dumbing them down for the Minecraft generation. Get ready to fight Cynthia and her scaaaary level 41 Garchomp!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So, I'm going to try to go at this with the idea of, why do we get remakes at all?
    I'm hearing a recurring theme of "Originals were better, remakes not so great."
    I want to believe that the reason why the originals are always constantly thought of as better is because the original games were created during a time when remakes were not a viable option, the pokemon franchise had to focus all of their time and effort on making new and better games in order to keep a constant hold in their market audience. Remakes only started being created in the third generation. Once the franchise had established the regular creation of remakes, I think it has been diverting attention and money away from the newer generations which is causing less effort to be focused on the main new games which is in turn making games that feel less complete and also having less of an impact on the audience as a full pokemon game like the first three original generations did.

I personally think that just having all of Game Freak's time, effort, and money being used on main franchise games and completely ignoring the creation of remakes will allow them to just make high quality new generations of pokemon games that are more impacting and better developed in plot as well as programming quality. If they could do that maybe there wouldn't be a reason to make a third game for the purpose of fixing all the mistakes of the first two.
    I'm less interested in remakes and more interested in the idea of adding features to the newer generations that involve gameplay that is directly correlated to the past regions but within the current time line of the newer generation that a player would be in. For example wouldn't it be interesting if we found out that the new continent of Alola was located not to far from an older region's most remote island and you could visit that island and it would have a miniature plot line that is all about the older region but it is directly in plot correlation to the current generation you are playing in. I really think this would be a great compensation to players who really want that nostalgic feeling, but also it wouldn't harm the focused game plan of the current generation.

I think remakes are kind of cool, I especially don't want to hate on remakes since I literally just purchased OR, which despite all of this talk, I am still mega hyped to play the Gen 3 remake. Though I will also say, that I would not personally wish for more remakes if it's at the cost of sacrificing high quality newer generation games, because the new generations are what keep the franchise afloat and progressing. I have great memories of playing the older games, but I want to have great memories of playing the newer games as well, not just reliving the same nostalgia over and over again until I'm sick of it.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I dunno, but I'd definitely be happy if it happened with it being my first gen. I think the remakes should come out in 2018. 2017 is too early, 2020 is too late, and 2019... doesn't sound like a remake year at all. 2018 is the most logical choice IMO.

xRiveria

Serena's Groom
    Years
    Remakes of original games are always welcomed by me, personally. It's both fresh and exciting to see the old games in breathtaking new visuals, although I always ask myself this: What happens if modern day technology or graphics get more advanced? Won't we be in a constant loop of remakes if we go by that thought?

That said, based on current trends thus far, it's highly likely that the next series of games after Sun & Moon will be remakes on the NX console. I personally hope for Red, Blue or Yellow for nostalgia's sake, although the recent re-release has put that thought on hold for now, not to mention that FireRed & LeafGreen are remakes, after all. Whether they choose to remake Generation 1 or not will be the answer to my question above. Time will tell. Thus, what's left which hasn't gotten a remake thus far?

Unova & Sinnoh. Perhaps it's a little too early to speculate, though. I'll just enjoy whichever comes out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 17, 2021
    That said, based on current trends thus far, it's highly likely that the next series of games after Sun & Moon will be remakes on the NX console.

They've never made remakes on consoles before, so I doubt they'll do it this time.

Speaking of consoles though, and on a bit of a tangent, I'd like to see a proper sequel to Colosseum and XD. Those games were probably the most underrated Pokemon games ever.

xRiveria

Serena's Groom
    Years
    They've never made remakes on consoles before, so I doubt they'll do it this time.

Speaking of consoles though, and on a bit of a tangent, I'd like to see a proper sequel to Colosseum and XD. Those games were probably the most underrated Pokemon games ever.
    With the 3DS's successor nowhere in sight, the NX is probably our best bet, especially since we don't know much about it at the moment. Personally, I think the 3DS is still pretty advanced with all the new models coming out and could last for a good year or two more as their main handheld console.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Sinnoh remakes? Now Cynthia was a great Champion and some of the Gym Leaders were outstanding, Cyrus was a suitably evil Villain and it did introduce some excellent Pokémon.

However the Rival was poor, The Elite Four were completely forgettable and the Pokedex in Diamond and Pearl was at best lacklustre.

Sinnoh is by some distance my least favourite Region but a Sinnoh remake with Platinum's Pokedex is something I might be interested in.

User Anon 1848

It probably will happen at some point. They'd be the least anticipated remakes for me though. I'd much rather a 5th gen remake with the story of B/W and the additional features that were in B2/W2. My main issue with 5th gen were the awkward 2.5d sprites and a remake on the 3DS would certainly rectify that.

Back