• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Confirmed?

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Honestly I'd prefer a 3D HGSS remake complete with pokemon following you around. They still remain my faviourite games purely for that feature. Best thing Nintendo have done to date

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It's too early for Sinnoh remakes at the moment, because we get one set of remakes for each handheld (FR/LG for GBA, HG/SS for DS, and ORAS for 3DS).

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I don't think so. Remakes will always sell. Sinnoh, Unova, Kanto and Johto all still need a 3D overworld version of the region.I doubt they are just going to stop. They still make a ton of money of both remakes and new games. RBY, the newer player complained because it was too complicated. VC is also a lot cheaper than remakes or newer games. They older games are limited. And they can't fix bugs and glitches. The main reason the VC games were released was for the 20th ann.

ORAS sold nearly 10 million copies, 3 million on release, while re released didn't even make it to 2 million.

Actually, RS sold 16.22 million, while ORAS sold 11.84 million, and that's despite RS being, at one time, the worst-selling main paired games. The gaps are even larger when you compare RB vs FRLG and GS vs HGSS.

And, the low cost of VC releases is exactly why they're an easier profit than remakes. GF doesn't have to spend hardly anything on them, which makes them an almost guaranteed profit.

So if Game Freak just stopped doing them altogether (like some people in this thread are suggesting) what would happen to the series? Remakes have been a staple of Pokemon since almost its very origin and personally I can't see GF getting rid of them.

Seeing as remakes didn't exist until Gen 3, I think the franchise will do just fine. ;) Do you think that Gens 2 and 5 "suffered" for not having any remakes of old games like Gens 3, 4, and 6? Many people would say the exact opposite.

As much as I'd love a Sinnoh remake, I'm more convinced that there wont be one. I'll admit I've given it a lot of thought and still think it's a possibility, just as of now it doesn't seem all that likely.

From a marketing perspective then I'd say yes there would be, past remakes have gone on to sell over 10 million units per remake making the whole remake concept a very lucrative market. Taking remakes out of the picture does significantly reduce the turnover for the franchise and spin-offs don't even match the sales figures that remakes can accumulate. On the other hand I just can't see any other valid reason for them to remake these games that are still fairly modern and can be connected to the later games. With RSE we had a few issues such as dying batteries, outdated features and of course connectivity issues. Diamond & Pearl has many features that give it a fresh feel and there isn't much of a problem when transferring to later generations. It is fun to speculate about hints towards upcoming games and obviously there is always the possibility as Game Freak are quite unpredictable. Diamond Head & Pearl Harbour is interesting though.

Plus, there's also the fact that Platinum is already a complete and polished game and still holds up very well. I can't really see how remakes would improve much over Platinum, and I don't think Fairies and Megas are enough to warrant spending money on a full remake. Plus, there's very real risk that remakes would completely ignore Platinum and be a straight retread of the mediocre DP. Look at what happened with ORAS.

I agree with the idea, but they did make OR/AS when they could easily have re-released R/S on Virtual Console instead.

Actually, they couldn't have. The 3DS VC can't handle GBA games.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nope, and it never will be. With Pokémon games on the VC now a reality, the era of remakes is over. Why put time and money into a remake that will never sell as well as a main pair or even third version when you could just re-release the original for next to nothing and make an easy profit? All three of the existing remakes underperformed in sales, while the VC RBY was a smash success.

DPP will much more likely get a VC re-release on the NX, along with RSE, FRLG, HGSS, BW, and B2W2. (GSC will probably get a 3DS re-release next year, or so.)

You are adding some 300+ pokemon, mega evolution, better graphics, more moves/items, and a slightly longer storyline. Plenty of people would buy them. I've seen reasonable sales for games that are just a graphics increase of older games.

Actually, they couldn't have. The 3DS VC can't handle GBA games.
    So why do you think we could get D/P on the virtual console? I don't know much, but if it can't emulate GBA I don't think it could emulate DS either.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    The 3DS doesn't need to emulate DS when it can play it natively.

Thing I just thought about, though, is that if they did that, you would be strictly limited to local wireless trades and battles.
    Re-releasing them as VC when you couldn't even do anything with them over Wi-Fi wouldn't be so good, I'd rather have them remade on 3DS or whatever newer handheld would be out then.

Yes, you probably couldn't connect to Wi-fi, or trade with gen 7 games. it would SUCK. just make a remake!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Actually, RS sold 16.22 million, while ORAS sold 11.84 million, and that's despite RS being, at one time, the worst-selling main paired games. The gaps are even larger when you compare RB vs FRLG and GS vs HGSS.

And, the low cost of VC releases is exactly why they're an easier profit than remakes. GF doesn't have to spend hardly anything on them, which makes them an almost guaranteed profit.

Seeing as remakes didn't exist until Gen 3, I think the franchise will do just fine. ;) Do you think that Gens 2 and 5 "suffered" for not having any remakes of old games like Gens 3, 4, and 6? Many people would say the exact opposite.

They made $7m to $14m on the rereleased games. They made over $300m on ORAS, so you tell me whats easier to profit from? Sun and Moon cost $35m or so to make which was the most of any pokemon game they have ever made.

Masuda or one of the devs has said that as long as the players want the games, they will make remakes of the games.

And your statement of remakes is somewhat incorrect. GSC actually started remakes when Kanto was remade for GSC, we could just explore the region in the same game. So remakes have always been around.

People said that they would never remake Ruby and Sapphire because it was considered one of the worse generations, but LOW AND BEHOLD they remade them. So your statement about them worrying about profits and sells is irrelevant. And DPPt were considered to be some of the better games.

If anything they would do both. Released the older games, but still make remakes.

Also to the people saying that Megas and new pokemon weren't enough to make a remake, that is EXACTLY what they did in ORAS.

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    The gen 4 games are my favorite games after gen 2. I loved them so much and I more than anyone want a remake, but it's way too soon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    D/P/P are considered by most to be the hardest games in the series. Maybe if we get a remake it will break the ever-infuriating chain of easy games?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Shinnoh will be remade in 2018, 2019 or 2020.

Remakes fall in a 4 to 6 year timeframe from the last remake.

FR/LG: https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_FireRed_and_LeafGreen_Version Released 2004

HG/SS: https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Version Released 2010

OR/AS: https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Omega_Ruby_and_Alpha_Sapphire: Released 2014

I'm be willing to guess that 2019 will have Shinnoh Remakes. Probably for the next system as already pointed out.

I think the rottom dex is half a nod to Shinnoh, a quarter of a nod to the Devon Scientist in Hoenn, and another quarter of a nod to Rottom as a popular pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Shinnoh will be remade in 2018, 2019 or 2020.

Remakes fall in a 4 to 6 year timeframe from the last remake.

FR/LG: https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_FireRed_and_LeafGreen_Version Released 2004

HG/SS: https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Version Released 2010

OR/AS: https://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Omega_Ruby_and_Alpha_Sapphire: Released 2014

I'm be willing to guess that 2019 will have Shinnoh Remakes. Probably for the next system as already pointed out.

I think the rottom dex is half a nod to Shinnoh, a quarter of a nod to the Devon Scientist in Hoenn, and another quarter of a nod to Rottom as a popular pokemon.
    HgSs were 2009 in Japan. Japan has had them every five years since 2004. Now with games releasing in the same year WW then we could get them by 2019. But then again DP came out four years (2006) after RS (2002), compared to RG (1996), GS (1999), and RS (2002...and in 2016 SM! xD) which were all 3 years apart (Japan again), so the remakes if they happen could last another year to reflect that. Of course the remakes now are happening 2 years more after the originals compared to the earlier remakes. RG and FrLg were 8 years apart, GS and HgSs were 10 years apart, and RS and OrAs were 12 years apart. If that continues then 2020 would be the year for DP remakes, it also fits the six year after mentioned before.

So we may see
    SM: 2016
    ?: 2017
    Gen VIII: 2019
    DP remakes: 2020
    Gen IX: 2021/2022.

Years
    The 3DS doesn't need to emulate DS when it can play it natively.

Thing I just thought about, though, is that if they did that, you would be strictly limited to local wireless trades and battles.
    Re-releasing them as VC when you couldn't even do anything with them over Wi-Fi wouldn't be so good, I'd rather have them remade on 3DS or whatever newer handheld would be out then.

You have a point there, when you consider the retirement of DS wi-fi. If we want wi-fi back in Sinnoh a remake will be the only way out.

However, if DS games can play well on a 3DS, it makes a remake of those games also seem pointless.

Years
    I seriously would like for a 3D remake to Sinnoh to happen although I was going to say that they would maybe do a remake to HGSS more because it was one of it's best games. However considering that HGSS is a remake they would most likely go to a remake to D/P because it would be cool like for the fans since they liked those games(HGSS) but it would like kind of boring to repeat a game again. So that's why D/P has more probability of getting a remake. If not just go on to another new region which would be kind of strange or make a sequel to the sun and moon and the following pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    You are adding some 300+ pokemon, mega evolution, better graphics, more moves/items, and a slightly longer storyline. Plenty of people would buy them. I've seen reasonable sales for games that are just a graphics increase of older games.

So? FRLG and HGSS don't have any of those things either. Heck, FRLG have even less than DPP. Does that mean we need new Gen 1 and 2 remakes, too? Where do you draw the line?

If you want to see Sinnoh again, why not make a sequel instead? Old region, but with a fresh storyline.

So why do you think we could get D/P on the virtual console? I don't know much, but if it can't emulate GBA I don't think it could emulate DS either.

I was thinking less about the 3DS and more about the NX, which should be a far more powerful system.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So? FRLG and HGSS don't have any of those things either. Heck, FRLG have even less than DPP. Does that mean we need new Gen 1 and 2 remakes, too? Where do you draw the line?

but ORAS did. The remakes will get better and better as new features are added to new games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    but ORAS did. The remakes will get better and better as new features are added to new games.

That's kind of a "Duh," and it proves my point. :rolleyes2: Even remakes themselves are going to eventually become "obsolete" and "outdated," so do you just keep re-remaking and re-re-remaking ad infinitum just so everything can be kept "up to date"?

Remember that FRLG are older and more obsolete than DPP, so based on the arguments people have been giving in favor of remakes, Kanto is next in line, not Sinnoh. And, when Sinnoh's ready for remakes, Kanto/Johto shouldn't be far behind, as HGSS are only slightly younger than DPP. And, after that, it's Unova, which will require TWO remakes (for both BW and B2W2), and then Kalos, and then Hoenn again, and then Alola, and then Kanto #3, and so on. It'll just keep going on and on in an endless cycle of remakes and re-remakes, all the while new games get marginalized and shoved into the background (see XY).

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I only want a Sinnoh remake if they base it solely on Platinum's story mixed with the two versions, but with Sun and Moon's graphics. Or maybe this idea.

Why not have a "remake" of Diamond set in the past, with Alola before S/M, while Pearl is set in Sinnoh and Alola and is the sequel to Sun and Moon, or the future? Really play up the time and space angle and make both versions worth buying as separate games.

Quasimoto

Lord Quas
    Years
    Remakes of platinum? Sign me up. Platinum was the game with the best designed region. It was the biggest at the moment. And the variety of pokemon!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    That's kind of a "Duh," and it proves my point. :rolleyes2: Even remakes themselves are going to eventually become "obsolete" and "outdated," so do you just keep re-remaking and re-re-remaking ad infinitum just so everything can be kept "up to date"?

Remember that FRLG are older and more obsolete than DPP, so based on the arguments people have been giving in favor of remakes, Kanto is next in line, not Sinnoh. And, when Sinnoh's ready for remakes, Kanto/Johto shouldn't be far behind, as HGSS are only slightly younger than DPP. And, after that, it's Unova, which will require TWO remakes (for both BW and B2W2), and then Kalos, and then Hoenn again, and then Alola, and then Kanto #3, and so on. It'll just keep going on and on in an endless cycle of remakes and re-remakes, all the while new games get marginalized and shoved into the background (see XY).

Honestly, while I think most people prefer remakes, if they release a VC game, that's fine. I think just being able to explore the region and fight the gym leaders is cool.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Honestly, while I think most people prefer remakes, if they release a VC game, that's fine. I think just being able to explore the region and fight the gym leaders is cool.

Now, you see my point. :) Even when ORAS were being made, VC still wasn't seen as a viable option for Pokémon. In fact, back in 2013, GF flat-out said that Pokémon wasn't happening on the VC. A lot can change in just 2-3 years.

And, remakes aren't always better than originals, IMO. A lot of people still prefer Emerald to ORAS, for example.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I'd just love an actual remake, so I'm hoping they go that route. After they've remade it once, though, I agree they should just re-release the original on VC. There's a point at which we should focus on making new games, not just continually remake old ones over and over.

Sometimes, you need to be careful what you wish for. :( Just ask the people who had spent years crying for Hoenn remakes. A lot of those exact same people were extremely disappointed when ORAS ended up ignoring everything from Emerald and having no postgame besides a tacked on Mega Evolution story and the Battle Maison (which was ripped straight from XY).

As for me, HGSS were good, but I found FRLG and ORAS to be mediocre, disappointing games, so remakes don't have a great track record in my eyes. It seems that most of the time, GF will just rehash the paired games, warts and all, and ignore everything that the third versions added, as well as many things that even the gen's main pair had.

A remake has to have enough to set itself apart from the originals and be worth playing on its own merits (and not just for nostalgia), which as far as I know, only HGSS really succeeded at. ORAS tried, but they ultimately didn't end up being anything more than RS with a Mega Evolution story tacked on. FRLG were even worse, literally being nothing more than RB in GBA graphics.

With this track record, what's to say that Sinnoh remakes wouldn't be anything more than DP with NX graphics? Seeing as Platinum is widely considered to be a superior game, I can't see too many people being pleased with that.

Back