• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I'm doing fairly well in Platinum, having defeated Volkner with relative ease (hardly took a hit). Currently, I'm on my way to Victory Road, with this team:

Lv. 51 Infernape (Naughty Nature)

• Flame Wheel
    • Close Combat
    • Strength
    • Grass Knot
    Lv. 51 Umbreon (Serious Nature)

• Faint Attack
    • Dig
    • Quick Attack
    • Last Resort
    Lv. 51 Toxicroak (Serious Nature)

• Poison Jab
    • Brick Break
    • Rock Climb
    • Sucker Punch
    Lv. 51 Porygon-Z (Bashful Nature)

• Tri Attack
    • Signal Beam
    • Discharge
    • Recover

Years
    Well, I just finished beating elite 4, getting the national pokedex, got a few more poketech apps and now I'm battling people in the battle area.

I've got Pearl by the way

Just got rejected at that Ribbon house on Resort Area :(

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    I beat the third gym easily with my Bronzong. I then maxed out my Laporeille's (Lopunny) Cool and beat the Normal, Great and Ultra Rank contests on my first try (after running around Amity Square to get accessories of course.)

Here is my team:

Laporeille/Lopunny Female Lv.33
    Adament; Very finicky
    Klutz
    - Jump Kick
    - ThunderPunch
    - Quick Attack
    - Return

I plan to breed a shiny Buneary with Klutz and Switcheroo for the Battle Frontier.

Vortente/Carnivine Female Lv.33
    Docile; Strongly defiant
    Levitate
    - Secret Power
    - Faint Attack
    - Grass Knot
    - Ingrain

Pingoleon/Prinplup Female Lv.33
    Quirky; Alert to sounds
    Torrent
    - Brine
    - Metal Claw
    - Peck
    - Fury Attack

Bronzong (forgot to nickname) Lv.34
    Naive; Very finicky
    Heatproof
    - Extrasensory
    - Confuse Ray
    - Hypnosis
    - Iron Defense

Tropius and Floatzel are my HM slaves. I did have a Dustox on my team, along with said Floatzel, but I replaced them with Carnivine and Bronzong because I like them better. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Awmahgawd, new Adventure ahead!
    Some typing is coming ahead.

• Alrighty, so I went through all the Rowan stuff blah blah, same old same old.
    • Named myself "Chimney" because Chimney is probably one of the coolest words out there.
    • Then I thought of an awesome name for my rival, and just decided that "Cleedis" met his standards.
    • Then, next thing that happened, was I wuz watchin' some Tee Vee, and then music was playin' and I stepped to leave my room, and Cleedis came in my room and was like: "There you are! Hey, Chimney! Did you just see the TV? Sure you did! Prof. Rowan's that really important guy who studies Pokemon, right? That means he must have lots and lots of Pokemon. So, if we ask him, I bet he'd give us some Pokemon! [!} Oh hey! Is this a new PC?! Uh... Where was I? Oh, right, right! We're going to see Prof. Rowan and get some Pokemon. I'll be waiting outside. OK, Chimney? If you're late, I'm fining you $10 million!
    • And then I was freaking out because my DS power button turned red! So, I saved and turned off the Power!

Team Overview:
    Total amount of Team members: None.
    Total amount of badges collected: None.
    Total Progress: Pretty much, none.

Team:
    None..

Expected Team Members to come:
    Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling storiesSinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Thanks for reading!

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    - Beat the fifth gym easily with Vortente (Carnivine) and Laporeille (Lopunny.)
    - Beat the two trainers on Route 212 that give you a bunch of money each a lot.
    - Renamed Bronzong Archeodong.
    - Bought 200 Ultra Balls.
    - Got 34,000 coins.
    - Got Silk Scarf, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens, Metronome (item), Ice Bean, and Giga Impact from the Game Corner.
    - Taught Pingoleon (Empoleon) Ice Beam and Archeodong (Bronzong) Giga Impact.
    - Gave Laporeille Silk Scarf because Return is its most powerful move, and it will become even better now.
    - Gave Vortente Metronome because I often use Grass Knot twice or more times in a row.
    - Gave Pingoleon Splash Plate.
    - Gave Archeodong Zoom Lens to boost the accuracy of Giga Impact and give it a higher Critical Hit ratio, since it's slow.
    - Battle a bunch of trainers. All of them on the routes under Sandgem, Oreburge Gate, and so on.
    - Beat the Sixth gym leader.
    - On Route 217.

My team:

Laporeille/Lopunny Female Lv.47 w/Silk Scarf
    Adament; Very finicky
    Klutz
    - Jump Kick
    - ThunderPunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Return

I don't think with Klutz that it can use it. But I just want it to hold an item because it will bug me if everyone is except it. :(

Vortente/Carnivine Female Lv.47 w/Metronome
    Docile; Strongly defiant
    Levitate
    - Secret Power
    - Giga Drain
    - Power Whip
    - Crunch

Pingoleon/Empoleon Female Lv.46 w/Mystic Water
    Quirky; Alert to sounds
    Torrent
    - Surf
    - Flash Cannon
    - Aerial Ace
    - Ice Beam

Archeodong/Bronzong Lv.47 w/Zoom Lens
    Naive; Very finicky
    Heatproof
    - Extrasensory
    - Giga Impact
    - Hypnosis
    - Gyro Ball

Last edited:

FlameDancer

gif ****.
    Years
    After defeating Commander Mars at Valley Windworks in Platinum, I crossed the bridge on Route 205. After battling some trainers, my Pokémon and I rested inside a little red house. I then continued north in to Eterna Forest.

In Eterna Forest, I was confronted by a trainer named Cheryl who asked if I would travel through Eterna Forest with her because of a fear of Team Galactic. I accepted and we made our way through Eterna Forest using a Lv. 20 Chansey (Cheryl) and a Lv. 16 Zubat (me). After every battle, her Chansey would heal my Pokémon. After many double battles, Cheryl and I arrived at the end of Eterna Forest. She thanked me and we both departed.

Back on Route 205, I battled some fisherman and raised all my Pokémon to Lv. 20 (except for Abra who I evolved in to a Kadabra by raising her to Lv. 16). Finally, I arrived in Eterna City.

In Eterna City, Nick greeted me and took me to see the town's statue which showed a legendary Pokémon. After he left, I met a girl named Cynthia who had previously been helping Professor Rowan's research by completing the Pokédex, like myself. She gave me HM01 - Cut. Then a girl in the town's Pokémon Center gave me an application for my Pokétch called a Friendship Checker which identifies how much the Pokémon on your team like you. So far, my results are:

Grotle: ♥♥
    Staravia: ♥♥
    Bibarel: ♥♥
    Luxio: ♥♥
    Kadabra: ♥♥
    Zubat:

Next, a man named Underground Man gave me an Explorer Kit which instantly takes you to Sinnoh's Underground. I tried it out and was greeted underground by Roark. I couldn't find much to do, so I went back up. Inside the Eterna Condominiums, an old lady on the second floor gave me TM67 - Recycle. Finally, I headed to Eterna's Pokémon Gym.

I easily took down Eterna's Pokémon Gym which specializes in grass Pokémon with Staravia and Zubat using Wing Attack. After defeating the Gym Leader, Gardenia, I was rewarded with the Forest Badge which allows you to use Cut outside of battle. Gardenia also gifted me with TM86 - Grass Knot. Next, I headed to Team Galactic's recently built building.

Before I entered Team Galactic's building, I picked up TM46 - Thief. Inside, I defeated a couple Galactic Grunts before battling another Team Galactic commander, Commander Jupiter. The battle was very intense, and I barely won with my Staravia. After Commader Jupiter's defeat, Team Galactic left Eterna City. A man who had been captured by Team Galactic who owned the town's bike shop thanked me for saving his Pokémon that had been stolen by Team Galactic. I followed him to his bike shop, and he rewarded me with a gear-changing Bicycle. I then rode my new Bicycle on to Route 211.

On Route 211, I battled some trainers, picked up some items including TM12 - Taunt, and caught some wild Pokémon. I also explored what I could of Mt. Coronet for some more items. Finally, I went back to Eterna City and continued my adventure on Route 206.

In the city gate, Dawn's father, one of Professor Rowan's assistants, examined my Pokédex and happily gave me an Exp. Share (of course, right after I evolved my Abra >_<). Then I hopped on my Bicycle and cruised down Cycling Road, battling every trainer I could. In the next transit gate, a girl gave me a decorative Flag which I put in my Fashion Case. Outside, I collected more items, caught wild Pokémon, and battled other trainers like usual. I also tried to explore Wayward Cave, but it got too challenging without Flash. Finally, I went back to Oreburgh City to heal my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center and continued on Route 207.

On Route 207, after battling some trainers, Dawn greeted me and gave me a Vs. Seeker. In addition, she also gave me a Dowsing Machine application for my Pokétch which helps you locate invisible items. I then continued down Route 207 and entered Mt. Coronet.

In Mt. Coronet, a man with blue hair who I had seen before talked to me about Sinnoh's history before exiting. There wasn't much else to do, so I left as well on to Route 208.

On Route 208, I did the same routine; battled trainers, caught wild Pokémon, and collected items including an Odd Keystone. I also entered a house that belonged to a man named The Berry Master who gives trainers, such as myself, a new berry daily. The little girl in the house also gave me a Berry Searcher application for my Pokétch. After that, I continued east and finally arrived in the beautiful Hearthome City.

When I arrived in Hearthome City, I noticed a Pokémon running towards me. It bumped in to me and a girl named Keira came and thanked me for stopping her Pokémon from running away. As a thanks, she told me to come to the Contest Hall, so she could reward me. I then went to the Pokémon Fan Club where I received a Poffin Case from the chairman. Next I got a Shell Bell from a lady inside the building next to the Pokémon Fan Club. After that, I went to the town's Poffin House and experienced making my first Poffin. That's when I learned that I am not a Poffin maker. xD Then I went in to a house that belonged to a girl named Bebe who is the admin of the Pokémon Box storage system. Bebe gave me an Eevee which she had gotten from her friend in another region. Finally, I went to the Contest Hall where I saw Keira again with... my mom?! Keira rewarded me with Glitter Powder for my Fashion Case, and my mom explained about contests before giving me a Tuxedo to enter contests in. My mom left, and I talked to a man who gave me a Mild Poffin. I ended up entering some contests with my Eevee. My favorite contest is dancing. After that, I talked to the town's Gym Leader who was in the Contest Hall, and she went back to her Gym. I also tried walking through Amity Square with my Grotle.

All of this happened yesterday when I played Platinum for 7 hours straight. o_o I am now training all my Pokémon up to Lv. 25 in preparation for the town's Gym. I was planning on catching Drifloon today, but Floaroma Town is too far away, so I'm not even going to bother until I can use Fly. xD;

I forgot to mention that Cynthia also gave me a Pokémon egg. It turned out to be a Togepi.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    *yawn* It's 4 in the morning

Let's see..

- I beat all of Team Galactic.
    - Caught Girantina in a Dusk Ball after 10 tries, my Lopunny's ThunderPunch got it into the red with 2 consecutive critical hits and paralzyzed it on the third without killing it.
    - Caught Azlef in a Dusk Ball after 16 tries, my Lopunny's ThunderPunch again paralyzed it.
    - Caught Uxie after 72 Dusk Balls -___-

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
    Let's see...

• Started from Fight Area
    • Healed up and went to Route 225
    • Leveled Poisonking (Nidoking) Lvl 47-Lvl 48
    • Trained Draco (Shelgon)

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    - Beat the eigth gym.
    - Went through Victory Road.
    - Started the Elite Four with 192 Pokemon already seen, so I think I will only need one if any Pokemon to see after I beat the E4 to get the national dex.
    - Beat first Elite Four member.
    - Beat the next three easily.
    - Beat Cynthia.

She was absolutely horrible this time.

My team was Empoleon, Bronzong (with Heatproof), Carnivine, and Lopunny. Those were the Pokemon I brought besides two extras I just switch to to heal. Obviously I had problems.

The biggest problem was Garchomp. The first time I battled her she sweeped my entire team with it. The second time, I equipped my Empoleon (has Ice Beam) with a Quick Claw in hopes that I will get lucky. Luckily, it activated and my Ice Beam got a Critical Hit on Garchomp killing it. The rest of the Pokemon were still hard, but not as hard. Had to use about 10 Full Restores and Revives during the entire battle. >___>;

- Have a total of 206 seen Pokemon. I only need to see Snover and Porygon. *goes to get Porygon in Veilstone and to battle a wild Snover*
    - Got National Dex.
    - Got Poke Radar
    - Got Poke Radar APP
    - Swarm is Phanpy. :(
    - Pokemon Mansion swarm is Meowth. But I need Ditto. However I will still catch a Meowth because I need a Buneary with Switcheroo.
    - Am reseting to get Ditto. Here is what I got: Cleffa, Clefairy..DITTO! :D
    - Bred a male Meowth.
    - Beat the rich couple down by the mansion for money. Thanks to it, my Meowth is now level 22.
    - Bought 450 Max Repels
    - Began to search for Feebas.
    - Got bored as soon as I typed that, so I will get one on the GTS. XD;
    - Got a Super Rod and beat the Flint/Volkner double battle.
    - Since I had to reset to midnight a few times to get Ditto, the swarm changed to Farfetch'd.
    - Going to chain Snorunt in 20 minutes when it turns into night.
    - I now have about 30 Heart Scales, 20 Skull Fossils (and one Helix and Claw Fossil), and 20 of each shard except blue shards, which I only have 10 of because I taught Lopunny some elemental punches.
    - Chain of 1 Snorunt o:
    - That broke at 19. :( Current chain at 17. Broke right when I edited with this. Ugh. Why can I never chain Snorunt? Every other Pokemon is just fine. But Snorunt always gives me trouble.
    - Chain of 1 Sneasle :3
    - Got bored.
    - My Meowth evolved into Persian, and I just taught it Switcheroo so I can breed for a Shiny Buneary with Klutz and Switcheroo! :D
    - Just hatched two Shiny Bunearys, one has Klutz one has Run Away. Both have Switcheroo and Fake out!
    - Hm..I never knew that sometimes when you look through the Croagunk sign, a Croagunk walks up the screen! See?

Last edited:

FlameDancer

gif ****.
    Years
    I finally got sick of trying to obtain a Pidgey with a Timid Nature on Platinum, so I decided to breed my Quilava with my Ditto to get a Cyndaquil with a Timid or Modest Nature. The first Egg that hatched was a Cyndaquil with a Timid Nature. I taught him TM50 (Substitute) and TM11 (Sunny Day). I then began EV Training the Cyndaquil on Route 201 with the help of an Exp. Share. So far I've battled four Bidoof (HP), two Growlithe (Attack), and 16 Starly (Speed) which means I still need 236 more EV's in Speed and 252 more EV's in Special Attack.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    YES!

I just beat the fronteir brain for the Battle Factory on my first run through the factory! YES!

Oh I am so excited, I beat him by pure luck, and I only won with 8 HP left, and if my last attack would have missed (because his Wailord used Double Team like 5 times) I would have lost!

YEES!

Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIk0cR4JJc

His Pokemon were Walrein, Nidoking, and Wailord. I had Linoone, Gorebyss, and Torkoal.

I started with Linoone and he started with Walrein. I used Switcheroo because Linoone was holding a Choice Scarf (or lens or whatever it's called.) Walrein was stuck using Swagger. Linoone was confused and had a higher attack stat, so I used Frustration and took out Walrein with a critical hit! He sent out Nidoking, I used Dig. He killed me in one hit with Earthquake. I think sent out Gorebyss and used Surf. His Earthquake hit first, taking half my HP away, but Surf was a 1-hit KO. Gorebyss's Shell Bell healed about 1/6th of the HP. He then sent out Walrein, I used Psychic and he used Double Team. Psychic hit and took a 1/3 of his HP. I then switched to Torkoal and he used Double Team again. I had Torkoal use Earth Power, luckily Torkoal's Quick Claw kicked in and I hit first, taking him down to the low yellow. He used Surf and killed me. I switched to Gorebyss. I commanded to use Psychic, he used Double Team and Psychic missed. I used Psychic again and he used Surf, his surf left me with 8 HP points, but my Psychic hit, killing Walrein and winning me the battle!

Edit:
    - Beat the two trainers on Route 212 again to get 450,000 dollars so I can get my Shiny Buneary to evolve at Level 2.
    - Got a Flame Orb, 5 HP Ups, 5 Proteins, and 5 Calciums with my 32 BPs that I got.
    - Swarm is Cubone.
    - Mansion swarm is Igglybuff.
    - I now have a Level 2 Shiny Lopunny XD;
    - Taught it Ice Punch, just for now. And Return.
    - Got it to level 5, will chain Starly and Bidoof for EVs tomorrow.
    - Got to a streak of 28 in the Battle Factory. Time for sleep.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Well after I finished EV training my new team I decided I would challenge the League for the second time. But I had just gotten them all up to level 50 for the Battle Frontier. So I raised them all up to level 60 before I went to challenge the League. I beat Aaron on the 2nd try, Bertha on the 1st, Flint on the 1st, and Lucian on the 1st. Cynthia was another story. I was pretty frustrated so I lost count on how many times I reset. It probably would have been easier had I left Empoleon in there, he's part of my team but I wanted to try my Metagross. Plus her pokemon were 15-18 levels higher than me. But I ended up beating her eventually.

Kinda just cooling off right now, lawl~ :D

Years
    I've been playing through Platinum for a while now, I just caught Uxie and Azelf and am about to do the last route before Victory Road.

My team atm is:
    Luxray Lv.55
    Staraptor Lv.54
    Torterra Lv.54
    Floatzel Lv.53
    Giratina Lv.55

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Just helped Mira out of Wayward Cave, also evolved Bidoof at level 15 (hm slave.)

Need to do a bit of grinding so will probably hang around Wayward Cave for a while, hopefully catch a Gible aswell. (Ran into Two, one knocked himself out the other I had no Pokeballs. >.>)

EDIT (02.09.2010);; Trained Buizel from level 14 to level 18, intend to get him to level 23-24 like the rest of my team, still no sign of Gible though :(

Last edited:

Clefairies

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Haven't played since the second, but so far my platinum journey is going really well. ^_^

Still training Buziel, who is currently 21 (training to 23, for now.) I also finally caught a GIBLE! in a POKEBALL, which I am really pleased about, Female, Bashful Nature, she will be perfect for my playthrough team (I don't battle competitively) she is next on my list to be trained.

Kojak

Ace Trainer Kojak
    Years
    Well, I originally had this huge cool layout and chunk of text, but then my computer freaked out, so you get this.

Currently heading into Coronet, going to Hearthome.

Team:

Bonzai/Prinlup - lvl. 24
    Ichabob/Ponyta - lvl. 23
    Ero/Staravia - lvl. 23

Clefairies

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Just a quick update;
    - Just defeated Wake. (5 badges in total, woot!)
    - Finally caught the final pokemon for my team; Chansey.

Team;
    - Luxray (Level 35)
    - Monferno (Level 34)
    - Staraptor (Level 34)
    - Gabite (Level 34)
    - Floatzel (Level 34)
    - Chansey (Level 34)

Hopefully Chansey will evolve into Blissey soon ^_^
    Just going to grind my pokemon a bit more as slightly underleveled currently. (:

UPDATE;; Grinded Chansey to level 34, off to continue with storyline now!

Last edited:
    Years
    Now I'm getting to the point of the game where I'm starting to get bored since the storyline has already been completed. I'm concentrating more on getting new pokemon and filling up my Pokedex.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Started new Diamond file. Chose Chimchar named him Achilles. Took the parcel to my rival in Jubilife caught a Starly(Aro) and a Shinx(Tesla) on the way.Caught a Budew(Thorn) before battling my Rival.[Time Lapse Beat Gardenia-Team Galactic-Rival in Hearthorne-Arrived in Solaceon] plan on training before heading to Velistone.

Current Team:
    Monferno(Achilles)-25
    Shellos(Penny)20
    Roselia(Thorn)-29
    Staravia(Aro)-20
    Luxio(Tesla)-21
    Cranidos(Turk)-20

Back