• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Bred myself a triple flawless Bagon (if only that Defense stat wasn't so low =\ ) which will make both a decent DDer and CBer. The luck gods like me as well - it wasn't long ago that I ran into a shiny Azelf and now I've hatched myself a shiny Bagon as well. It's a shame it's Naive and although its stats are all around quite decent, its Attack just happened to be 0. Not cool. D= Why couldn't that Everstone at least pass on the Adamant nature?

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Well to heal my wounds after killing 2 Shiny Onix on Leaf Green X|, I decided to breed some Bagon to get the perfect Adamant Bagon i needed, which I got. Then I was watering berries and should have a lot more Ganlon, Salac, Leichi, Enigma and what other rare one I planted. :D

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
    Egg move breeding, soon re IV breeding skarmories. Found out that the two egg moves I needed were available from Staraptor, or mine is called "Mutant," which saves me time and my breath. I'll EV Train the Bagon later.

Years
    well in my first game i was trying to get to acuity lake? i think :/ to help my friend.
    BUT, i lost that card, D; soo.
    my new one, i have been playing for 2 days, ahah on my way to eterna city ;P

Luap25

yeah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    traded for a master ball and finally caught that pesky cressilia! FINALLY!

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Pearl Journal: Darkrai!!

May 31, 2008

It seems that the nightmares are being caused by a rare legendary pokemon called Darkrai. I had the opportunity to see one while I was in Canalave City!

So, out of character, I have to talk about my new Darkrai I received at Toys R Us today. For those that weren't aware, the only way you can "catch" a Darkrai in your pokemon games is by going to a Nintendo event. (Or by hacking, but I'm NOT going to go there.) Similar to the Mew event 2 years ago and the Manaphy event last year, you can receive a Darkrai if you go to Toys R Us between noon and 4pm this Saturday and Sunday. So, I took both my Diamond and Pearl games and received my 2 Darkrai. It was unbelievably more efficient than the Mew promotion 2 years ago. No line to wait in; the download was wireless.

So, on my diamond cartridge, I received a Darkrai with a naughty nature. That means it will advance in Attack over other stats, and lose Special Defense. Darkrai isn't an attack based pokemon, but maybe I could give it some novelty moves. Its Attack IV is 24 and its Speed IV is a respectable 28. Unfortunately its HP IV is only 10.

On my Pearl game, I got a Darkrai with a Bold nature. Perfect! Its Attack IV is a puny 6, but its Defense will grow quicker. Considering Darkrai is weak to fighting-type moves, and most fighting moves are physical, a good defense is important I think. And its Defense IV is 30! One point away from the max possible of 31. Special Attack IV is also 30, very important for its special-based movepool. Speed IV is 20, not too bad, and hey, you can't have it all. This Darkrai will be awesome in competitive battling.

Just to note, I will not train Darkrai until AFTER I finish my Sinnoh journey. I have too much left to do!

June 1, 2008

Back in character, I took my new team of Bastiodon, Luxray, Ambipom, Bronzong, and Vespiquen and headed towards Eterna City. West of the city on Route 211 is an entrance to Mt Coronet. Route 211 continues on the other side and connects to Celestic Town. I decided my next adventure would be to explore northern Sinnoh, to find out what happened at Lake Acuity. To get there, I would have to travel through the caves inside of Mt Coronet.

Years
    the beginning of my epic adventure!

so um yeah i'm gonna post my traelling stories in Pokemon Pearl! :)

13th June 2008:

I started my adventure by choosing a male Pokemon Trainer named Andy. I started by looking at the T.V. screen in my room and then went downstairs to find that my best friend,Nether had came. I ran to his house and got hit by him. He had to run in to get some things so i chased after him. I found him and he told me to m meet at the lake. Ran to the lake to see Dawn and Prof.Rowan talking about the Sinnoh Region. They ran off but left behind a briefcase. Nether told me to help him in so i did and we were attacked by two Starly. beat one with my chimchar and went to Prof.Rowan's lab but he let me keep the Chimchar. i bouight a few pokeballs and caught a Starly. I began to train my Chimchar and Starly. I ran to Jublife City with my chimchar and Starly,both now lvl 8. I ran to the trainers school and beat two abra's so i got Chimchar to level 9 and Starly to level 9. I got A Poketch and ran out of twon where i saw my rival. I beat his Starly with my Chimchar and his Piplup with my Starly. I tried to catch an Abra but failed. I ran through to Oreburgh City. Went to the coal miine after some guy called me a noob - im gonna kill him xD - I found the town's gym leader and he ran to the gym so i found an escape rope nearby and caught a Geodude for my Pokedex. I got out and evolved my Chimchar to Monferno and Starly to Staravia. I beat the gym leader on my second try with my newly evolved Monferno. I recieved the Coal badge. I ran to Jublife City again and found Prof.Rowan and Dawn and entered my first battle against Team Galactic. I ran through the Ravaged path and came out at the other side. I deposited Geodude and a Bidoof i caught into the PC and continued on to the Valley Windworks and beat a Team galactic Grunt.

Current Team:
    Staravia level 17
    Monferno level 18

Jun 14th 2008:
    I started from the valley and ran to Floroma Meadow and beat two Team Galactic grunts. I ran back to the windworks and took out two more Galactic grunts. i then beat Team Galactic Commander Mars. I ran outside again and continued on and caught a level 8 Buizel. I started training and ran into Eterna forest where i met Cheryl. I decided to go through the forest with Cheryl. I walked and found a Silcoon and Buneary. I beat the Silcoon and caught the Buneary.

Current Team: Naughty Buizel level 12
    Lonely Monferno level 18
    Jolly Staravia level 18
    Quiet Buneary level 12

:)

Years
    I re-started my pokemon pearl version and started with Piplup again. I caught a Starly and a Shinx. I defeated Roark and got the badge. My Piplup evolved into a Prinplup. I defeated Gardenia and got the badge. My Starly evolved into Staravia. I traveled to Veilstone City. My Shinx evolved into a Luxio. I defeated Maylene and got the badge. My Staravia evolved into Staraptor. I traveled to Pastoria City. I defeated Wake and got the badge. My Luxio evolved into Luxray. I caught a Gastly. I traveled back to Hearthome City. I defeated Fantina and got the badge. My Gastly evolved into Haunter. I caught a Ponyta. I traveled to Canalave City. I defeated Byron and got the badge. My Ponyta evolved into a Rapidash. My Prinplup evolved into Empoleon. I traveled to Snowpoint City. Defeated Candice and got the badge. I traveled to Mt. Coronet. I caught Palkia. I traveled to Sunyshore City. I defeated Valkner and got the badge. I traveled to Lake Valor, Lake Verity, and Lake Acuity to catch Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.

I went back to Sunyshore City and went to Victory Road. I defeated the Elite Four. I caught Heatran with a Master Ball in the Stark Mountain. I caught Regigigas with a Master Ball in the Snowpoint Temple. I caught Giratina with a Master Ball in the Turnback Cave. I caught Cresselia witha Master Ball in Route 201. I got Manaphy from Pokemon Ranger and bred it. I got Phione. I caught Darkrai with a Master Ball in New Moon Island. I caught Shaymin with a Master Ball in the Flower Paradise. I caught Arceus with a Master Ball in the Hall of Origin.

ALL OF THE THINGS I DID TOOK ALL 24 HOURS.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Bred myself a triple flawless Bagon (if only that Defense stat wasn't so low =\ ) which will make both a decent DDer and CBer. The luck gods like me as well - it wasn't long ago that I ran into a shiny Azelf and now I've hatched myself a shiny Bagon as well. It's a shame it's Naive and although its stats are all around quite decent, its Attack just happened to be 0. Not cool. D= Why couldn't that Everstone at least pass on the Adamant nature?

Smarties, could you trade me a Bagon? Anyway, currently at Solaceon trying to train up my pokemon to lvl 35. Then of to Celestic to move on in the game.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I'm currently breeding for a Impish Gligar and Jolly one. Then EV train both and start breeding for Adamant Shroomish

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I just wasted 13 hours and over 120 Super Repels... and I have an EV trained Yanmega to show for it when I should have a shiny Mareep because 12 of those hours were spent reseting my Pokeradar, not all at once but still I just wasted valuable time looking for a non existent shiny... it's times like this when you just want to dismantle the entire game and burn it to the ground...

Wobbuffet
    Mareep

I feel the need to go on a killing spree now... >=|

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    I'm currently working on a "gym" lol, because I've always wanted to be a Gym Leader/Breeder.

I'm still EV training though, so the "gym" might not be open for a while.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Pearl Journal: Shiny Barboach!

June 11, 2008 10:30pm

So there I am, fishing inside Mt Coronet, looking for a Feebas. I'm getting frustrated, as I've spent hours and hours with no luck. I'm just half heartedly tossing my line in the water, when suddenly I saw a flash. Wait, a flash? There, floating before me, was a Barboach. But not just any Barboach. A shiny Barboach. A "1-in-8,192 chance" shiny freakin' Barboach.

Five years!

It has been over 5 years since I saw a shiny pokemon. (March 23, 2003, Route 223 in Hoenn, where I caught my shiny Wailmer.) Literally, my hands were shaking with excitement. I can't let it get away! "Bronzong, use Block!" I yelled, as my pokemon used a move to keep its enemy from running away. "Ok, pokeball, go!" I tossed the pokeball, and it rocked...

Once...

Twice...

Three times.....

Pop! Out came the Barboach. I don't have any pokemon that can put it to sleep, so I tried the pokeball again...

Once... please...

Twice... c'mon...

Three times... click!

I CAUGHT A SHINY BARBOACH!!!

June 12, 2008

Now with a shiny new Barboach on my team, I went back into Mt Coronet to keep searching for a Feebas. I started pretty early in the morning. Good grief, this is almost as tedious as the Safari Zone. Maybe even more so. Around late afternoon, I finally found a spot where there were a ton of them! I fished up and caught a whole bunch. After I felt I had a decent sampling (I think about 15 or so) I went back to the Pokemon Center to examine them. It takes a special kind of Feebas to eventually evolve into a Milotic. I narrowed it down to three, and then ultimately chose the one I caught in a premier pokeball.

119. Barboach

So I briefly finished up training Bronzong and Vespiquen, and then stored all my pokemon, keeping only Barboach and Feebas. I decided to detour back to Hearthome City for the moment. First, I need to bake poffins to feed to my Feebas to increase its beauty. Only a Feebas with high beauty will evolve into Milotic. Second, I want to enter Barboach in some pokemon contests! We participated in a Cute contest this evening, and Barboach demolished the competition! So it won its first ribbon. I might stick around Hearthome to train Barboach and enter a few more contests.

So where do my pokemon go when they're "in storage?" Some boring computerized area? Not anymore, as of this past Monday, My Pokemon Ranch opened. Hayley, the ranch caretaker, brought some pokemon to get things rolling. I transferred my pokemon over on Tuesday. All week, Hayley has been expanding the ranch a little more each day, bringing more pokemon to the ranch too. As more room is created, I'll keep adding my pokemon as well. They seem to enjoy the wide open space to run around and play in.

June 15, 2008

I've been working way too much lately. In between, I've been [EV] training my Barboach, and entering it in contests in Hearthome City. It now has 5 ribbons, one for each category of Normal Rank contests. Also, while I'm in Hearthome, I visited the place where you can make Poffins. I have a ton of fresh pamtre berries, so I baked as many dry poffins as I could. Dry poffins help increase a pokemon's beauty. I took the best puffins and fed them to my Feebas, which happily ate them. I treated it at the end to a little Rare Candy for desert. After that, it started to evolve into a beautiful Milotic!

120. Milotic

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I'm currently working on a win streak at the Battle Tower; I'm in need of four more power items for EV Training.

Kishu Inu

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    June 19th, 2007

I'm still ectastic about catching my shiny Nidoran. I've been EV training him for awhile, but I only got about 43 done in HP and 6 in Attack. I'm very lazy...

I tried chaining for Roselia again earlier today, but the chain broke at 15. I decided to just go idly mine for stuff to sell/fossils underground. Didn't find much.
    I'm hoping for an aerodactyl fossil underground, so I can Shiny Hunt for Aerodactyl.

I still need to catch Giratina, but I'm still on my lazy streak.

Back