• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sinnoh Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Game: Pearl
    Name: Pan
    Caught A Lv. 47 Palkia with a Poke ball!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Still SRing for a shiny Drifloon. On Friday, I'll train my Pokemon a bit, then come back to soft reset for it. I don't plan on giving up for it. I'm also SRing for Turtwig in my brother's Pearl version. Wish me luck.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    May 11:
    Captured Combee(M)and Cherubi(F)on Honey Trees.
    Bought Honey and put it on trees.
    Capture Drifloon.
    Got....tatatam....Pkrus!!!!!
    As you see, today was a lucky day for me, Pkrus, rare honey tree pokemon, good times.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2007
    Since my cousin has deleted my game... -_-

I started off with a female Chimchar and I have just received my second badge.My Chimchar has evolved too.

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Even though this happened a long time ago, I want to say it. I beat the Elite Four, and by the time it was over, the highest level of my Pokemon was in the 50s! I still can't believe I did it! :)

Now, more recently, I've evolved all my 7 Eevees into the 7 different evolutions. Then I did some more happiness evolutions with Riolu and Chansey which were successful. But before that, I caught the legendaries Cresselia, Giratina, and Regigigas.

Most recently, I was multi- tasking. I was running around, trying to evolve Golbat with happiness (That is the WORST kind of evolution there is, I swear!), get my Burmy egg to hatch (turned out not to be a male, unfortunately), and getting my Cranidos, Cherubi, and Burmy to level up in Day Care. I also decided to hunt for Mesprit (whose HP was already down to a sliver of red). So, the first time I tried and encountered it, I used Golbat's Mean Look. But, eventually, it killed my Golbat, and I turned off, then on my game (I saved before I went into the grass). So I tried looking for it again. I found it again, used Mean Look, and tossed Dusk Balls like crazy. I had to stop sometimes to heal Golbat. Sometimes it wobbled 3 times, then popped out! (Seriously, does Game Freak WANT me to go crazy?) But, I eventually caught it! Too bad my Golbat doesn't even have one heart on the happiness checker.

So, that's it.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I'm still frickin' soft resetting for a shiny Drifloon on Diamond. When am I going to get it? *sigh* Wish me luck here, guys.

I just purchased my own Pearl, so as soon as I get an ID with three repeating numbers (or just give up on doing that), I'll begin soft resetting for a shiny Turtwig or Piplup. Any suggestions, guys?

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    I just purchased my own Pearl, so as soon as I get an ID with three repeating numbers (or just give up on doing that), I'll begin soft resetting for a shiny Turtwig or Piplup. Any suggestions, guys?

If you are asking which one to choose, Turtwig or Piplup, I would choose to go after a shiny Piplup first.

Here is whats going on with my Diamond team & game...

Lv50 - PKRS Gone
    Empoleon**Royal (M) @ Splash Plate
    Trait: Torrent
    Nature: Calm
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealth Rock

Lv51 - PKRS Gone
    Staraptor**Star (F) @ Amulet Coin
    Trait: Intimidate
    Nature: Adamant
    - Brave Bird
    - Return
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn

Lv51 - PKRS Gone
    Roserade**Rosearedo (M) @ Rose Incense
    Trait: Poison Point
    Nature: Modest
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Magical Leaf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Aromatherapy

Lv51 - PKRS Gone
    Rampardos**Smash (M) @ Quick Claw
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Adamant
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Rock Tomb
    - Pursuit

Lv39 - PKRS
    Gengar**Phantom (M) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    - Shadow Ball
    - Thunderbolt
    - Confuse Ray
    - Hypnosis

Lv40 - PKRS
    Steelix**Armoria (F) @ Iron Plate
    Trait: Rock Head
    Nature: Impish
    - Iron Tail
    - Dig
    - Slam
    - Thunder Fang

Ya, 4 of them have lost PKRS. Currently I am running around training my Gengar and Steelix to Lv 50. I have 7 badges and haven't went to fight Team Galatic and confront Dialga yet.

Last edited:

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    I have 8 badges, 143 seen in my Dex, and I am trying to breed a Marill, and get a Lucario. I still want to know how you can know the number of happiness points! And I wanna get a Ditto, but I can't go Wifi witha DS in Manila... T^T

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm working on my Sinnoh dex. I've caught 140 Sinnoh dex Pokémon so far (I also work on the national dexa little but I want to finish the Sinnoh dex first).
    I have 8 badges, 143 seen in my Dex, and I am trying to breed a Marill, and get a Lucario. I still want to know how you can know the number of happiness points! And I wanna get a Ditto, but I can't go Wifi witha DS in Manila... T^T
    There is a happiness checker feature on your Pokétch and you can get a Ditto without trading once you've recevied the Pokéradar.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Dramatic Duel with Pokemon League Champion Cynthia

It was a duel between the underdog(me) and the Pokemon League Champion Cynthia.

Code:
    My team was:                          The Champion's team:
    Lvl 61 Camerupt                       Lvl 61 Spiritomb
    Lvl 56 Spiritomb                       Lvl 60 Gastrodon
    Lvl 56 Luxray                           Lvl 63 Milotic
    Lvl 55 Mesprit                           Lvl 66 Garchomp
    Lvl 56 Staraptor                        Lvl 63 Lucario
    Lvl 55 Dialga                            Lvl 60 Roserade

As you can see, my team was severely underleveled compared to the champion.

The duel started with me bringing out Camerupt and Cynthia bringing out Spiritomb. Spiritomb did embargo, preventing my most powerful pokemon from using items. Since I knew Spiritomb had no weaknesses, I attacked it with my most powerful move, Earthquake. It brought it down to about 60% hp. Spiritomb then used Dark Pulse, bringing my Camerupt's HP to 25% I had spiritomb do earthquake again, bringing Spiritomb's HP to 30%. The bastard trainer then used Full Restore hampering my efforts. I did another earthquake, running out of PP for earthquake, bringing the enemy to 30% with a critical hit. I switched camerupt out and brung out my spiritomb to finish it off with Dark Pulse.

When the enemy Spiritomb died, I switched out my Spiritomb for Mesprit while the opponent brung out Roserade. Being of higher level and speed, Roserade opened with a surprising Shadow ball, bringing my Mesprit down to 25% HP. I used a Max Potion on Mesprit, and then the enemy used Energy Ball, bringing my Mesprit down to 45%. I then switched mesprit for
    my Staraptor, in which Roserade foolishly used Shadow Ball, making no effect. I finished off Roserade with Fly.

I switched Roserade for Luxray to Cynthia's Milotic. Milotic, although higher
    in level, was a pushover. Luxray easily OHKOed it via Thunder Fang with STAB and Magnet item attached.

Then I switched Luxray for Staraptor to Cynthia's Gastrodon. I took it out with two hits by Fly. However, Staraptor took some heavy damage from Stone Edge.

Now the real battle begins.

Cynthia brought out Garchomp. Garchomp was superior in speed and power and took my Staraptor down with STAB Dragon Rush. I brought out Dialga. Dialga took a heavy hit by Earthquake from Garchomp, lowering HP down to 25%. I was out of healing items so Dialga was doomed. I had Dialga do Roar of Time, expecting Garchomp to knock my Dialga out and proceed to sweep my team. Garchomp used Giga Impact to attempt to finish off my Dialga. However, unexpectedly, Giga Impact missed! My Dialga proceeded to OHKO Garchomp, which was 11 levels higher than my Dialga. Roar of Time did STAB critical hit and knocked out Garchomp.

One more pokemon, I thought, and victory was imminent. However, it was
    far from over. Cynthia brought out Lucario. Lucario proceeded to KO all my pokemon, who were severely weakened in battle, except for my close-to-dying Camerupt. I couldn't use any items on Camerupt. With almost all hope lost, I had only one Max Revive. I didn't hestitate to revive my Spiritomb, which was my only hope for survival and victory. Lucario KOed my Camerupt.

Now the final battle had truly begun. Both Cynthia and I had one pokemon
    left. It was the battle between Lucario and my Spiritomb. I had no more healing items or revives to get me out of this tight situation. Lucario opened with an earthquake, bringing my Spiritomb down to 11 HP. I put all my hope into Spiritomb's Hypnosis, which has a meager 70% accuracy. Sweat dripped down my chest and arm. All the effort and work came down
    to this move. By sheer luck, Hypnosis connected, to my delight! I then proceeded to finish it off with Nasty Plot + Dream Eater and become the Pokemon Champion.

This was truly an edge-of-your-seat battle for me. The MVP of this match was Spiritomb, who saved my doomed a$$. The opponent had pokemon that were 6-11 levels higher than mine. But with determination and faith, I pulled through and defeated Cynthia.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I'm basically doing the same thing as I 've been doing the past couple of days. Soft resetting for shinies. I want to shiny hunt for other things though, and I want to play through Diamond a bit more, too, so on June 2nd, I'm going to temporarily stop soft resetting for Drifloon to train up three Pokemon, get a Modest and a Quiet Abra with Synchronize, and then I will soft reset for a shiny Cranidos until the next Friday, which is when I will begin soft resetting for Drifloon again. Wish me luck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Got the National Dex in Pearl a few days ago...before beating the 8th Gym. And Pal Park was unlocked, confirming that you don't need to beat the E4 first.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    Got the National Dex in Pearl a few days ago...before beating the 8th Gym. And Pal Park was unlocked, confirming that you don't need to beat the E4 first.

Well, it IS exceptional to get it before or after the Elite 4, but what matters is how you're gonna get your Pal Park Pokemon, and National Dex Pokemon. Besides, right now, I just have to get to the elite 4 to complete my National Dex!

And I have a Remoraid and a Mantyke, but how do I get a Mantine with them?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    ahh this game is crazy last night i was fighting UXIE got it's health down to almost nothing and put it to sleep and kept throwing dusk balls and ultraballs at it but it kept waking up and it owned my intire party this morning i desided to try again used 1 ultraball and caught it without doing a single attack

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, it IS exceptional to get it before or after the Elite 4, but what matters is how you're gonna get your Pal Park Pokemon, and National Dex Pokemon. Besides, right now, I just have to get to the elite 4 to complete my National Dex!

And I have a Remoraid and a Mantyke, but how do I get a Mantine with them?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying in the beginning there...Pal Park was already unlocked, allowing transfers before the E4, and Poke Radar came with it, so National Dex Pokemon are accessible as well (the current status on my Pearl is 7 badges with 236 Pokedex).

And just level up the Mantyke with Remoraid in your party.

Anyway, my progress is just so-so. I'm kind of taking a break from the story to fill my Pokedexes (I want to have a complete-as-possible Pokedex before taking down Volkner in my Pearl).

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
    Nothing much, just finsh training my pokemon to lvl 40 before beating the Steel Gym Leader, (I like to train when my double battle partner heals my pokemon), I then headed out to Snowpont City so I can show that Ice gym who is boss.

Also in Pearl (I have both) I decided to start a Flying Team and go thjrough the game with that, I'm just at Vally Windworks though

SilverDragon

--Anime Fan--
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2009
    Beated the game last week and after i got nat dex, i went to the Sunnyshore city place and encountered a shiny Chatot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back