• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh v Hoenn

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
    It's one of those things. Johto and Kanto are accepted, but Sinnoh and Hoenn still have that slight novelty. At least, for me, anyway. If you ask my opinion, Hoenn is the best of the two, because of places like Fortree, and the bases ABOVE ground in trees and stuff. But the Games Corner in Sinnoh is so much better, along with the actual GAME of Pearl/Diamond. I'd like to see a Hoenn-style Pearl/Diamond. But I would like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I prefer Sinnoh. I guess I like the Pokemon more, and I never really got very far in the Hoenn games.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love them both equally and I appreciated the different things both games brought to the table.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I love them both equally and I appreciated the different things both games brought to the table.

I totally agree. When platinum comes out even more will be brought to Sinnoh. But It's always nice to go back to Hoen and appreciate everything it has to offer.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Both regions are very good, but I prefer Sinnoh. Hoenn is good too, but I just can't seem to resist all the new stuff. I like to advance with Technology.

Heartless33

Master Cloner
    Years
    I would stick with hoen because I like the way they did it I mean diamond has better graphic's and better stuff.............MAN it's hard to choose can they just make a game where you can go to all reigons!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I dislike Hoenn a lot, actually. I found Sinnoh to be a lot more interesting than Hoenn, and even the Pokemon seemed to be of higher quality. Sure, there are some exceptions, such as Metagross, Salamence, the legendaries, etc...but the ingame characters you can find are superior in DPP if you ask me. The Gym leaders are not really challenging in either game, but I found the RSE leaders a lot more annoying to beat. The Elite Four was vastly superior in DPP than in RSE, and the overall region was more interesting in Sinnoh.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Having a strong dislike for Hoenn, I'm inclined towards Sinnoh more, as Hoenn annoyed me by almost drowning me, and the Emerald scene was totally pointless.

Plus, Sinnoh's my favorite region of all, so =D

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I like the Hoenn Pokemon MUCH better.

But as far as the layout of the whole region, I'm gonna have to go with Sinnoh.. it's much easier to navigate and get through. And there's a little bit more to do (though I miss the Secret Base... )

But when it comes down to overall regions of Pokemon that I like best, Sinnoh's at the very bottom of my list.

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    It's a hard decision, I think both regions started the new stage of pokemon, much improved from previous versions, the desgins of Hoenn pokemon were good, the Sinnoh ones I'm not so much impressed. So I go with Hoenn.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Sinnoh was wayy better than Hoenn, in region-wise, Pokemon-wise, and the overall set up of the games.

I don't know why, I just reeeeally didn't like Hoenn, haha. I was never strong enough for Norman if I had more than 3 Pokemon on my team. >:O

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Sinnoh, hands down. Hoenn just had this kind of the kind atmosphere that I didn't like.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    I dig the Hoenn region way more than the Sinnoh region. All the towns and cities in Sinnoh look the same, nothing unique for any of them. I still havn't learned the names of the towns, 'cause there's nothing really unique to any of them.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I prefer hoenn better because I've traveled through it for so long, and I enjoyed my journies through it...Sinnoh comes in close 2nd though...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like both of them equally....though Platinum is coming out and thats one big hit of Sinnoh...!

Years
    I like Sinnoh better due to the whole feel of it. I don't know but I really got more into sinnoh than Hoenn. Very interesting region.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
    I have to say Hoenn, it's by far my favorite. I love everything about it, the pokemon, the towns, the secret bases. Everything in Sinnoh looks the same to me, for some reason. But I'm expecting Platinum to be a lot cooler.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I prefer Sinnoh

Am I the only one who pronounces it (out of those of us who played DP in Japanese first, before the English version came out) "Shinnou"? I just can't get over it. It's a little annoying because I sometimes misstype it with an SH. ...I also still forget some English Pokémon names in the Shinnou (DAMMIT) Sinnoh region like calling Shinx "Kolink"

Back