• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sketches/drawings of random stuff.

Articuno Girl

A wingbeat and a snowflake
Years
  • I'm currently learning to be an artist, seeing as I want it as an occupation one day.
    I have limited materials still, since my financial situation is rather tight. I manage happily however, with just a few pencils. Most of my artwork are done in H, 2B and 4B pencils.

I'll post up another drawing every so often to keep my thread legally alive.
    For now, I'll leave you with a personal favourite of mine that was requested a few months ago, Rayquaza. Nothing too special, but I would love to hear your comments on it.

Time Taken : 3 hours. Sketching - 1 hour, Shading - 2 hours.

Last edited:

Articuno Girl

Years
  • Ah, I'll make a note of that if I ever decide to draw another Ray again, lol.
    Thanks for the feedback =D

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • that's amazing.
    the shading with the pencil is gorgeous.
    i love how it's all done just in pencil.
    very nice.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The drawing looks really good. The shading is also nice.
    And, as pointed by Late, I too think that the other arm should be visible.
    And something feels wrong here:

the part 1(denoted by '1' in yellow) feels as if it is swollen and is protruding from 2.

Other than that, its simply superb. (The 1 and 2 part are just my opinion though! :P Maybe its just me. XD)

Years
  • This is very nice and smooth rendering, and I love the serene expression rayquaza has.

You really should add some sort of background to it though, it'd really make your subject pop and get rid of that awful glaring white emptiness. Also, since he's done in pencil you could try adding a haze effect by lightly brushing an eraser over the parts furthest from us. I think that'd look wonderful!

Good luck!

Articuno Girl

Years
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone ^^ I'll be sure not to make some of the same mistakes as I have previous.
    I'm not good yet at backgrounds, so I'm trying to stay off them until I've gotten enough practice. (seriously I'm hopeless at it!)
    This is a piece of old work from last year, but I still like it. I mean, who doesn't love roses?

Years
  • Heehee, how can you practice drawing backgrounds if you, well...Don't draw them? XD I'd lve to see some quick colour wash landscapes or field studies from you. Just find a pretty photo or go out and draw a nice scene.

Nice rose btw, try bumping up the contrast in your work though. At the moment your rendering seems a little timid. ^_^

Articuno Girl

Years
  • Another thing, I can't do colour xD I have nothing to do colour with! (no money either <.<)
    I'll go out of town in a few days if I can.

Back