• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Sky Theme?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Ying and Yang makes sense. Sky certinley doesn't.

BTW Zekrom's Pokedex entry makes it sound like a Zapdos ripoff.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    1. it is Yin not Ying. 2.Sky does make sense. It has a possibility of being both a YIN- Yang and Sky theme. Like mentioned earlier Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza were 2 themes.

DemonicDee

PokéDevil
    Years
    The to SKY ones could be just Yin on its own,then have an opposite to them, like a Rock one or something. Its always possible that Game Freak got bored of the whole opposite legendaries thing?
    They may be trying something new i suppose.
    -Dee

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Nature and technology may be opposing forces, but they're not balanced in the way of Yin Yang. They don't support each other, you can have one without the other, etc.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    from wikipedia:

"yin and yang is used to describe how polar or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn......Many natural dualities — e.g. dark and light, female and male, low and high, cold and hot — are thought of as manifestations of yin and yang (respectively)......The relationship between yin and yang is often described in terms of sunlight playing over a mountain and in the valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk, while yang (literally the 'sunny place' or 'south slope') is the brightly lit portion. As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed.
    Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, or tranquil; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.
    Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, or aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime."

Just read and you can see, the theme is deffinately nature v. technology anlongside yin and yang.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Reshiram uses a natural flame which moves the atmosphere

Zekrom uses a generator (rather well known for being man made).

I'm still seeing an Industrial vs Natural theme, if only somewhat.

this is supported by the fact of the differences between black city and white forest. and the city which is more civilized in black, while more natural in white

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
    I'm seeing a really obvious mankind vs. nature thing going on here.

Including the rival..who opposes the use of Pokemon for battling.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nature and technology may be opposing forces, but they're not balanced in the way of Yin Yang. They don't support each other, you can have one without the other, etc.

Technically, technology couldn't have existed without nature. Case in example; oxygen obtained from trees / plants. Without oxygen, there wouldn't be humans and they wouldn't have been able to make technological advances. But that's just being technical, although overall the idea is right.

And. I really hope the third legendary does have some sort of relation to the sky (although I hope its ice too) but I don't see how that'll fit with the storyline, unless Reshiram/Zekrom battle in the sky and you need to gain the third legendary's help in order to fly up and stop them, idk.

Years
    ^ Ever since RSE yes. But how could Yin-Yang have 3 when it is 2.

Well, think of DPPt. DP was Time and Space, but Platinum was like... the flipside, an alternate universe altogether. When Gray version comes out (and trust me, it will, eventually) it'll likely be something 'in-between- Yin and Yang. I don't have a full understanding on it, but my point is they'll likely just make something up for the third sister game (as technically they did that with Platinum).

Anyway, the Rival, N, isn't his aim to separate Humans and Pokémon so that they will be like opposites to one another (it was phrased really badly when I read it, something like "...a new character, N, whose aim is to divide humans and Pokémon so they will be like Black and White", which essetially implies that they will be opposites> opposing forces> the western take on YinYang. And anyway, the Pokémon are labelled as Yin and Yang Pokémon, aren't they? I thought Serebii said that when Reshiram and Zekrom were first revealed.

Back