• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Sky's Showcase

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Hello!

I like drawing Pokémon food fusions. I started back in December and have tried to draw at least one per day since then, so I think I've improved a fair bit since then? I used to work entirely traditional using pens and coloured pencil, but as of 21 March I have started to draw digitally as well. Below are some examples roughly week to week, if you like them then my instagram is in my sig! And if you have any ideas for Pokémon food fusions, I'm happy to draw them and credit for the idea, especially if there's a workable food pun!

Posts and dates
  1. 17 March 2021, traditional - as below
  2. 25 March 2021, digital
  3. 5 April 2021, digital for use on art account

Jan 30: Pizza/Calzone Galarian Stunfisk
Spoiler:

Feb 10: Clauncher lobster dinner
Spoiler:

Feb 13: egg tart Appletun
Spoiler:

Feb 18: Poliwag cinnamon roll
Spoiler:

Feb 20: Mr Rime Pringles
Spoiler:

Mar 1: Magic Staryu
Spoiler:

Mar 7: Charjaburger
Spoiler:

Mar 11 and Mar 12: Challombre and Goloaf
Spoiler:

Mar 16: Panpour pouring tea
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
On Sunday I started trying digital artwork! It feels so different from traditional and it's so difficult to get the lines to turn out the way you want them to. My way of getting around the latter is to just not lol, my current digital style is very pop art-esque and relies on minimal line work and shading with no blending involved whatsoever. It's nice to try something new though, and I appreciate the undo button given how much I have to use it!

At the current moment I'm hesitant to use digital drawings on my art account since I don't think the style aligns great with the food fusions I enjoy drawing, but here are some food ones I tried drawing:

Ambipom / apple hybrid
Spoiler:

Wartortle / waffle hybrid
Spoiler:

And then just some without a food motif

Pikachu
Spoiler:

Charmander
Spoiler:

Chikorita
Spoiler:

Lunatone
Spoiler:

Of all these, I especially like Ambipomme and Chikorita! (Never thought I'd see the day where I called Chikorita my favourite anything but there we go...)

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I really enjoy the lack on outline in these pieces. They come across looking like little paper cutout and I think that's adorable. I think the Lunatone is my favorite — the purple / yellow contrast is so striking and pretty. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
I really enjoy the lack on outline in these pieces. They come across looking like little paper cutout and I think that's adorable. I think the Lunatone is my favorite — the purple / yellow contrast is so striking and pretty. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Thank you!! I am now starting to get better at outlines, but I will still occasionally produce artwork without because they turned out surprisingly well!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Wow these are brilliant!! Youve done so well with the shading!

Aw thank you, you're too kind! I really like your art thread myself! I'm currently trying to improve with digital, and wow the undo button is a lifesaver I can't believe it took me so long to try it

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Henlo!
I love how creative your food fusions are and the vibrant colours with the coloured outline gives them a solid look and looks soft with the coloured pencils but they still pop. Also, I do love the digital works and the vectored shading to give your works a clean look to them. Would love to see more! :]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Henlo!
I love how creative your food fusions are and the vibrant colours with the coloured outline gives them a solid look and looks soft with the coloured pencils but they still pop. Also, I do love the digital works and the vectored shading to give your works a clean look to them. Would love to see more! :]

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback on the traditional artwork especially! After trying to draw digitally for just a week I wondered how it is that I didn't try sooner, but now I feel motivated again to do more traditional drawing too :)

Years
I really like your art style also by turning Pokémon to food as well is pretty interesting and an awesome idea I must say.
Keep up the fantastic job~!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
I really like your art style also by turning Pokémon to food as well is pretty interesting and an awesome idea I must say.
Keep up the fantastic job~!

Thank you! It means a lot from you, since ik you have an art thread too :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
It's been a couple of weeks since I started drawing digitally, and I think I'm progressing fairly well! I now use my digital works on my art account, and since I do trios of food it means that I learn a lot while completing each series. Some examples from below, if you like them then following my art instagram is the best way to remain up to date on my work!

Magnemite line sushi
Spoiler:

Coconut Applin line
Spoiler:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Thank you!! Unfortunately I can't claim credit to that design because it's a redrawing of someone else's concept, but everything else I can

Your art is cute, and you have great ideas! I like that kind of art in which you merge two different concepts together. It's at the base of Pokémon too ^^
However it's really hard to appreciate when you're on a diet. Doesn't it make you hungry? XD I want a Stunfisk pizza now.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 27, 2021
Your art is cute, and you have great ideas! I like that kind of art in which you merge two different concepts together. It's at the base of Pokémon too ^^
However it's really hard to appreciate when you're on a diet. Doesn't it make you hungry? XD I want a Stunfisk pizza now.

Thank you, I'm glad that you like my drawings and concepts! If you have it and are interested, I try to post a new food fusion daily on instagram

And aha I can definitely imagine that being the case, I'm both sorry to torture you and also glad because my art is meant to evoke that feeling. Maybe it's just because I draw at least one per day, but it doesn't make me hungry at all lol, if anything it gives me a better ability to think about food generally without getting sudden cravings!

Back