• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slacking

Slacking is better as ...

• A physical sweeper

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • A physical wall

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Would it be better using Slacking as a physical sweeper due to its massive attack stat or a physical wall because of its massive hp?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    It's not reliable as either tbh. As a sweeper everything becomes a 2-turn move and you get killed, and as a wall you get set up on every cople of turns and end up switching. He's a tricky poke to use, best used as a tank that does a bit of both. I've used a CBKing to moderate effect, but there are better alternatives for either role.

Cid

Years
    I think Slaking is better off be a wall, since he has one weakness and one resistance and his average Defense and Special Defense stat is good...

His ability is one of the worst ones, especially for sweepers...

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    CBKing stands for Choice Band Slaking. Most people use Slaking as a hard out Choice Band pokemon, obviously because of its massive attack stat. Using it completely as a wall isn't that good because while it does have Slack Off, Slaking's ability will either force you to switch or stay in hoping your opponent won't do something nasty. As said before, Slaking is hard to use and if you do plan to slap on a Choice Band, you'll need to predict ewhat your opponent has and what he'll switch into, that is if they do switch.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    Slaking always beats me when i get to the gym in the first town ):, anyone have any suggestions to beat him ? ^_^!

Back